OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 23, 2014, 12:43:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A tale of two brothers.  (Read 808 times) Average Rating: 0
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Praying for the Christians in Iraq

« on: August 24, 2006, 06:51:58 PM »

In the city I live in, there is only one Eastern Catholic Church, but I believe that there are a few Eastern Orthodox Churches. Anyway, I know two brothers, Identical twins, one is Orthodox, the other is Byzantine Catholic. Now here comes the crazy part: The Orthodox one is a Priest. The Catholic brother is a deacon. And yet... they still get along. They once jokinginly told me, "One of us is a heretic and there other is a schismatic. God wills sort it out when we get to heaven." Now, I don't agree with their conclusion, but I know that they were joking, and I think that they are a great example of how Catholics and Eastern Orthodox should treat eachother well, as brothers. I think they are both great guys, and the Eastern Orthodox Priest blessed my St. Francis Medal for me! Any thoughts about this strange situation?

Now for story two. I know a priest, a good friend of mine, who is Catholic. Be prepared to freak out. He served an Orthodox Church as an associate pastor while remaining a Catholic Priest! I know he had to have been breaking like 93 rules on either side of the divide, but it amazes me that it happened.

Note Papist's influence from the tyrannical monarchism of traditional papism .
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 07:06:42 PM »

Perhaps unusual in situation 1 for churchmen, but this happens alot here in PA where there are so many former uniates now in the OCA and ACROD.

Story 2 boggles my mind  Shocked
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 07:07:37 PM by ΑριστÎÂà » Logged

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: