Author Topic: A tale of two brothers.  (Read 854 times)

Offline Papist

• Patriarch of Pontification
  • Toumarches
  • Praying for the Christians in Iraq
A tale of two brothers.
« on: August 24, 2006, 06:51:58 PM »
In the city I live in, there is only one Eastern Catholic Church, but I believe that there are a few Eastern Orthodox Churches. Anyway, I know two brothers, Identical twins, one is Orthodox, the other is Byzantine Catholic. Now here comes the crazy part: The Orthodox one is a Priest. The Catholic brother is a deacon. And yet... they still get along. They once jokinginly told me, "One of us is a heretic and there other is a schismatic. God wills sort it out when we get to heaven." Now, I don't agree with their conclusion, but I know that they were joking, and I think that they are a great example of how Catholics and Eastern Orthodox should treat eachother well, as brothers. I think they are both great guys, and the Eastern Orthodox Priest blessed my St. Francis Medal for me! Any thoughts about this strange situation?

Now for story two. I know a priest, a good friend of mine, who is Catholic. Be prepared to freak out. He served an Orthodox Church as an associate pastor while remaining a Catholic Priest! I know he had to have been breaking like 93 rules on either side of the divide, but it amazes me that it happened.
You are right. I apologize for having sacked Constantinople. I really need to stop doing that.

Offline Αριστοκλής

• Merarches
Re: A tale of two brothers.
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 07:06:42 PM »
Perhaps unusual in situation 1 for churchmen, but this happens alot here in PA where there are so many former uniates now in the OCA and ACROD.

Story 2 boggles my mind  :o
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 07:07:37 PM by ΑριστÎÂà »
"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides