OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 30, 2014, 06:24:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oriental Orthodox Music  (Read 152065 times) Average Rating: 5
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #630 on: September 22, 2011, 06:31:12 PM »

Thanks for the links Hiwot- this is a jackpot!

Can someone more technically competent than I explain how I might download these songs instead of just playing them?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 06:31:40 PM by Iconodule » Logged

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake

Quote from: Byron
Just ignore iconotools delusions. He is the biggest multiculturalist globalist there is due to his unfortunate background.
Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

Job 19:25-27

« Reply #631 on: September 22, 2011, 06:46:50 PM »

you are very welcome Iconodule  Smiley
I am very technologicaly challenged  but I think if you can download it with real player then after you are done downloading you can convert it using the convert feature on realplayer to mp3 or whatever you wish. if that does not work i hope somebody tells us something that does   Undecided

To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #632 on: September 22, 2011, 06:51:44 PM »

Thanks for the links Hiwot- this is a jackpot!

Can someone more technically competent than I explain how I might download these songs instead of just playing them?

I like to use this sometimes:

http://www.video2mp3.net/

See if this works.

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
William
Protokentarchos

Faith: None

« Reply #633 on: September 22, 2011, 07:25:42 PM »

Is there any good OO music in English? It seems like most of what's being posted in this thread is in the particular Church's respective liturgical language.

Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant

Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift. - Matt. 5:24
dzheremi
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic

« Reply #634 on: September 22, 2011, 07:57:09 PM »

One of my favorites is the English Midnight Praises by St. Antony Monastery in California. They have also recorded a few hours of the Agpeya (Coptic book of the hours) in English, but I haven't had a chance to listen to those yet. I bet they're great.

St. Mark's in D.C. has several CDs that are at least partially in English (I only own Kiahk vol. 3, but from what I remember the verses generally alternate: One in English, one in Arabic, one in Coptic). A lot of the churches in Canada and Australia seem to have English-language CDs recorded, too, though I don't have any. And if you go to a Coptic site like tasbeha.org you can find many liturgies recorded in English by Fr. Anthony Hanna, Fr. Antonious Tanios, etc. in their media section.

Salpy
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« Reply #635 on: October 08, 2011, 01:49:27 AM »

A beautiful Coptic hymn, with transliteration and translation:

http://www.copticheritage.org/spiritual_songs/rashi_song

Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

« Reply #636 on: October 10, 2011, 05:34:34 PM »

selam lekulekemu  Smiley

On this day Meskerem/September 29 of Ethiopian Calendar, or October 10 of European Calendar, our most beloved, the glorious, Virgin Saint and Martyr Hripsime/Arsema of Armenia and her Companions are commemorated. As she remains quick to aid  the Christians in Ethiopia through her unfailing miraculous intercession and love, she is in turn highly honored, loved and  very dear to Ethiopians, along with the ancient  and new churches and monasteries built in her name, there continues youth and adult  associations forming in her name in Ethiopia. Here is one mezmur about her. May her intercession be with us. Amen!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz83IG9wvU0&feature=related

Ye Iyesus arebegna ye emenet selefegna/ the warrior of Jesus, Charging with Faith
Honeshal Arsema  midir yihin yisma/ this is what you are Arsema so let the world hear of you.

Yedanshebet demu arefobish mahetemu/ sealed with the blood of salvation
Meseqel teshekemesh seyefin yeteqebelsh/ in carrying the cross you accepted the sword
Aberash arsema qeltesh endeshama/ like a candle you shined while melting
Lesemaetenetish zemachin yidresish/ and we sing of your martyrdom

Ye Iyesus arebegna ye emenet selefegna/ the warrior of Jesus, Charging with Faith
Honeshal Arsema  midir yihin yisma/ this is what you are Arsema so let the world hear of you.

Tansash Armenia tasebesh Ethiopia/ let Armenia remember you and Ethiopia commemorate you
 Yimesekerew alem tsinatshin zelalem/ let the world witness of your zeal and steadfastness.
Lekefeleshiw waga geta ejun zerega/ for the price you paid, the Lord stretched His arm towards you.
Aklil berasish lay anurwal elshaday/ and the Almighty Crowned your head with the crown of Glory.

Gejzeim gejzi endalew timeketegnaaw ayew/ the proud saw that there is a Lord even over the lords
Tor endemayegeza kegeta meaza/ that the lance will not rule over the beauty of the fragrance of the Lord
Yihew tarik qomo Simshin teshekemo /  behold the pillar of witness stands baring your name
Weresenew zinashin Azemin gedleshin/ we sing of your good fight,as we remember your life.

Ye Iyesus arebegna ye emenet selefegna/ the warrior of Jesus, Charging with  Faith

Kebizuwoch terta temertesh kegeta/ chosen by the Lord from among many
Letalaqu kibir seberesh yafiqir/ captive of that love that calls you for the great glory
Athanasia enatish meche tetsetseta/your mother Athanasia never regretted your fight
Yemoteshew lersu new motishin lemotew/ for she knows that you have died for the Him who died for you

Ye Iyesus arebegna ye emenet selefegna/ the warrior of Jesus, Charging with  Faith

..................///.........................

Glory be to the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit both now and ever and unto the ages of ages amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.
Salpy
Toumarches

« Reply #637 on: October 11, 2011, 01:24:24 AM »

^ Thank you for this.  I'm going to link it in the thread we have about her.

Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

« Reply #638 on: November 11, 2011, 08:10:42 PM »

Selam Lekulekemu angel

Mezmur by the secular singer Teddy afro( although most people  in Ethiopia do not like it when secular singers want to do both, that is the secular songs and the sacred mezmur,  and I agree for the most part however I also think this opens the chance for his fans who are christian and non christian alike to hear the message of the Gospel and who  knows...  Grin )  Anyway ,I was listening to this today and thought may be you guys might enjoy it as well.Here Teddy prays for himself and his country men, so bad translation all, here it goes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzl8LWjZgsE&feature=related

Our Father who art in Heaven/ Abbatachin  basamayat yaleh

Above all others Hallowed be thy Glorious Name/ teleyeto yeemoges  kebur semeh

The Lord of Hosts descending from the heavens above/ ke samayat kelaye ke Tsebaot waredo

Born from my Lady the Virgin Mary/ Ke emebete ke dingil Maryam taweldo

For my sins my Redeemer died on the Cross/ bemesekel laye sile hatiyate beza hono

Emmanuel our God became Man and remained with us./Ammanuel  Egziabher  ke egna gar hono

Behold the Savior of the World, who is the gift of Mary/ ya medehane’alem ye Maryam tsega

For my redemption His side was pierced by a lance ./Beza leehon lane gonun tewega

You are the God whom Ezra with the lyre and David with the harp Glorified/ Ezra be masanqo Dawit bebegena

Let this thanks giving reaching you Amen. Yakebereh amlak yidresih misgana, Amen.

He set me free on Golgotha / Arenet awetagne qeraneyo la’yee

For my sake He endured suffering/silene bizu aye siqayee

You are the God whom Ezra with the lyre and David with the harp Glorified/ Ezra be masanqo Dawit bebegena

Let this thanks giving reaching you Amen./ yakebereh amlak yideresih misgana , Amen.

Ethiopia Stretches her hand towards God and She says Hallelujah (2x) Ethiopia tabetseh idewiha habe Egziabher Hallelujah!(2x)

May Glory be to His Name the Lord who saved me,/ wudasse leSimu ladanegne geta

How can I , return His favor?/ bemin limelesew ye’ersun wuleta?

Hale! Hallelujah! for the Lord who was slaughtered/ hale !hallelujah! leta’redew  geta

So how can I return His favor? Amen/ be min limelesew ene ye’ersun wuleta? Amen.

The Heavenly Glory, the Son of Mary / Samayawiw tsega , yemaryam lij

Unlocked the gates of Sheol by His Cross/ BeMeseqelu zega ye see’olin  dej

Let this thanks giving reaching you Amen./ yakebereh amlak yideresih misgana , Amen.

Give peace Lord and well being to our country / Selam aman aregat hagerachinin

Compassionate Mary our Mother/ azagnitiwa Maryam enatachin

I entreat you Virgin the Mother of my Lord/ Aderashin dingil yegetaye enat

Intercede for us with your Son when we pray in faith. Amen. / astarqin kegeta sintselaye be ‘emenet, Amen.

Ethiopia Stretches her hand towards God and She says Hallelujah (2x) Ethiopia tabetseh idewiha habe Egziabher Hallelujah!(2x)

................///................

Glory be to the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit both now and ever and unto the ages of ages Amen!

zekarja
High Elder

O Holy Prophet Zechariah, intercede to God for us!

« Reply #639 on: November 11, 2011, 08:19:16 PM »

Selam Lekulekemu angel

Mezmur by the secular singer Teddy afro( although most people  in Ethiopia do not like it when secular singers want to do both, that is the secular songs and the sacred mezmur,  and I agree for the most part however I also think this opens the chance for his fans who are christian and non christian alike to hear the message of the Gospel and who  knows...  Grin )  Anyway ,I was listening to this today and thought may be you guys might enjoy it as well.Here Teddy prays for himself and his country men, so bad translation all, here it goes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzl8LWjZgsE&feature=related

Our Father who art in Heaven/ Abbatachin  basamayat yaleh

Above all others Hallowed be thy Glorious Name/ teleyeto yeemoges  kebur semeh

The Lord of Hosts descending from the heavens above/ ke samayat kelaye ke Tsebaot waredo

Born from my Lady the Virgin Mary/ Ke emebete ke dingil Maryam taweldo

For my sins my Redeemer died on the Cross/ bemesekel laye sile hatiyate beza hono

Emmanuel our God became Man and remained with us./Ammanuel  Egziabher  ke egna gar hono

Behold the Savior of the World, who is the gift of Mary/ ya medehane’alem ye Maryam tsega

For my redemption His side was pierced by a lance ./Beza leehon lane gonun tewega

Let this thanks giving reaching you Amen. Yakebereh amlak yidresih misgana, Amen.

He set me free on Golgotha / Arenet awetagne qeraneyo la’yee

For my sake He endured suffering/silene bizu aye siqayee

May Glory be to His Name the Lord who saved me,/ wudasse leSimu ladanegne geta

How can I , return His favor?/ bemin limelesew ye’ersun wuleta?

Hale! Hallelujah! for the Lord who was slaughtered/ hale !hallelujah! leta’redew  geta

So how can I return His favor? Amen/ be min limelesew ene ye’ersun wuleta? Amen.

The Heavenly Glory, the Son of Mary / Samayawiw tsega , yemaryam lij

Unlocked the gates of Sheol by His Cross/ BeMeseqelu zega ye see’olin  dej

Give peace Lord and well being to our country / Selam aman aregat hagerachinin

Compassionate Mary our Mother/ azagnitiwa Maryam enatachin

I entreat you Virgin the Mother of my Lord/ Aderashin dingil yegetaye enat

Intercede for us with your Son when we pray in faith. Amen. / astarqin kegeta sintselaye be ‘emenet, Amen.

................///................

Glory be to the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit both now and ever and unto the ages of ages Amen!

This is beautiful, Hiwot!

Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

« Reply #640 on: November 11, 2011, 09:47:05 PM »

^^ thank you Zekarja , I am glad you liked it angel

Salpy
Toumarches

« Reply #641 on: December 16, 2011, 12:13:33 AM »

Some beautiful Syriac chant in India:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF7Ets-YRAU

dzheremi
Protokentarchos

« Reply #642 on: December 16, 2011, 12:35:12 AM »

Incredible! I love it. Thank you, Salpy! I wish there was more chant like this available among the Syrian videos from India. There are a lot more videos with incredibly distracting (to me) instrumentation in them. It is good to see a pure one!

Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

« Reply #643 on: December 16, 2011, 09:17:54 PM »

Thank you Salpy, that was indeed truly beautiful!

listen to this beautiful congregation, I believe they are praying the kiahk midnight praise  correct me if they are not, look how the entire congregation sings.. Its so beautiful to my ears and eyes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zp8NUv7eGEI&feature=related

Ok I really like this beautiful hymn too, its in English.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVqzNf2m9FI

dzheremi
Protokentarchos

« Reply #644 on: December 16, 2011, 09:58:03 PM »

Huh. I've never heard that in English before. It sounds good. I like how they elongated the pronunciation of "Mary", since they spell it out in Arabic (maybe it would sound too weird to do that in English? "O, M-A-R-Y") Here is that same hymn in the Arabic, sung by Adel Maher: Ya Mim-Rim-Ya-Mim

Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

« Reply #645 on: December 16, 2011, 10:12:28 PM »

Thank you dzheremi, the arabic sounds realy great, it even helps to get the tune.

Salpy
Toumarches

« Reply #646 on: December 21, 2011, 05:39:49 PM »

I know that Der Voghormia (Lord have mercy) has already been posted here somewhere, but I like this version of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmpmyo0yUfU

Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

« Reply #647 on: December 21, 2011, 06:05:59 PM »

Salpy, that was beyond beautiful!

how do you pronounce Der voghormia?

mabsoota
Archon

Kyrie eleison

« Reply #648 on: December 21, 2011, 06:16:15 PM »

i agree, i loved it.
 Smiley
Salpy
Toumarches

« Reply #649 on: December 21, 2011, 07:49:09 PM »

Salpy, that was beyond beautiful!

how do you pronounce Der voghormia?

Der rhymes with "hair."

Voghormia is pretty much pronounced how it is spelled, with the gh sounding kind of like a French r.  If you listen closely to the video, you can hear it.

Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

« Reply #650 on: December 21, 2011, 07:54:42 PM »

Thank you so much salpy!

Salpy
Toumarches

« Reply #651 on: December 24, 2011, 12:41:21 AM »

I'm not sure what to make of this song about the Mother of God.  It uses modern instrumentation which I normally don't like.  Also, much of the imagery in the video is not from the Armenian Orthodox tradition.  Still, there is something about it that that I liked:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIeyL1waY88

I think at least part of it is filmed in Jerusalem.

EkhristosAnesti
'I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."' - Psalm 91:2
Archon

Pope St Kyrillos VI

« Reply #652 on: December 24, 2011, 10:55:24 AM »

^Very cool. Please post links to any similar "modern remixes" should you find any.

No longer an active member of this forum. Sincerest apologies to anyone who has taken offence to anything posted in youthful ignorance or negligence prior to my leaving this forum - October, 2012.

"Philosophy is the imitation by a man of what is better, according to what is possible" - St Severus
Aram

Faith: Armenian Church

« Reply #653 on: December 27, 2011, 12:20:42 AM »

I'm not sure what to make of this song about the Mother of God.  It uses modern instrumentation which I normally don't like.  Also, much of the imagery in the video is not from the Armenian Orthodox tradition.  Still, there is something about it that that I liked:

Most everything in that video is from Jerusalem and the surrounding areas, including several sites that have to do with Mary that are held by other confessions, yet are venerated by Armenians anyway.  Saw a few familiar faces from the Armenian Quarter, too.
Salpy
Toumarches

« Reply #654 on: December 29, 2011, 01:42:48 AM »

Thanks for the info.  I've never been to Jerusalem.  Perhaps some day...    Smiley 

The video reminds me of this one, which I posted some time ago and which I think also may have been made in Jerusalem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEZyHIhe_9E

CoptoGeek
of Alexandria, the Christ-loving City
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Church

« Reply #655 on: December 29, 2011, 11:02:44 AM »

Wow, I loved it. As EA said, if you find anything else like this please post it.

"Be oppressed, rather than the oppressor. Be gentle, rather than zealous. Lay hold of goodness, rather than justice." -St. Isaac of Nineveh

“I returned to the Coptic Orthodox Church with affection, finding in her our tormented and broken history“. -Salama Moussa
Salpy
Toumarches

« Reply #656 on: December 30, 2011, 05:36:10 PM »

Here are some very nice mezmurs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsizhz1Cby8

The video gives a transliteration and translation of the words.

Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

« Reply #657 on: January 05, 2012, 12:44:03 AM »

Selam all!

This mezmur is  one among many that are more of a traditional(customary) mezmur from the shepherds and young kids in Ethiopia sung during the week of the Feast of the Nativity into the feast of Theophany around the neighbor hoods. The tune is also a public tune. Hope you will enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMzQupxZ70s

He is born to us-- from the Virgin!
Teweldenaho Emdingil!(2x)

As it has been foretold by the mouth of the prophets--- He is born to us-- from the Virgin!

Sineger nebere be nebiyat af ---Teweldenaho Emdingil(2x)

By the One God by the One Spirit--- He is born to us-- from the Virgin!

Be andu be Egziabher be andu be Manfes--- Teweldenaho Emdingil(2x)

That A Day will break; a Sun shall rise--- He is born to us-- from the Virgin!

And qen endihon tsehay endiweta--- Teweldenaho Emdingil(2x)

The King we have been longing for, taking on flesh behold he has come!--- He is born to us-- from the Virgin!

Yenafeqenew Negus siga lebeso meta!--- Teweldenaho Emdingil(2x)

Abraham longed to see that day--- He is born to us-- from the Virgin!

Abraham yanin qen lemayet nafeqe--- Teweldenaho Emdingil(2x)

David knew of His birth in Ephrata --- He is born to us-- from the Virgin!

Dawit be Ephrata lidetun aweqe--- Teweldenaho Emdingil(2x)

Elijah foresaw His birth of the Virgin--- He is born to us-- from the Virgin!

Isayiyas keDingil siwalad ayena--- Teweldenaho Emdingil(2x)

Thus he prophesized saying behold “A sign!”--- He is born to us-- from the Virgin!

Tinbit tenagere ‘milikit’ alena--- Teweldenaho Emdingil(2x)

When A Star came out of Jacob--- He is born to us-- from the Virgin!

Kokeb ke yacob yiwetal sibal--- Teweldenaho Emdingil(2x)

The heaven he shined from was His Virgin Mother--- He is born to us-- from the Virgin!

Semay honechilet enatu dingil--- Teweldenaho Emdingil(2x)

And shining among His people--- He is born to us-- from the Virgin!

Behizbum mekakel hono yemiyabera--- Teweldenaho Emdingil(2x)

He destroyed the workings of the darkness.--- He is born to us-- from the Virgin!

Bersu ferarese yechelemaw sira--- Teweldenaho Emdingil(2x)

Enter into Bethlehem along with the shepherds--- He is born to us-- from the Virgin!

Ke eregnoch gara Bethlehem gibu--- Teweldenaho Emdingil(2x)

Bringing your gift along with the kings--- He is born to us-- from the Virgin!

Kenegestatu gar amehan aqirebu--- Teweldenaho Emdingil(2x)

Let us prostrate ourselves and worship the Child for He is Worthy!--- He is born to us-- from the Virgin!

Eneseged le hitsanu yigebawalina! --- Teweldenaho Emdingil(2x)

For governing power is upon His shoulders---- He is born to us-- from the Virgin!

Aleqinet siltan bechanqaw new ena --- Teweldenaho Emdingil(2x)

Reading from the Gospel of St. Luke 2: 8-11

Luke 2:8-11
King James Version (KJV)
8And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
9And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.
10And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
11For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

When A Star came out of Jacob--- He is born to us-- from the Virgin!

Kokeb ke yacob yiwetal sibal--- Teweldenaho Emdingil(2x)

The heaven he shined from was His Virgin Mother--- He is born to us-- from the Virgin!

Semay honechilet enatu dingil--- Teweldenaho Emdingil(2x)

And shining among His people--- He is born to us-- from the Virgin!

Behizbum mekakel hono yemiyabera--- Teweldenaho Emdingil(2x)

He destroyed the workings of the darkness.--- He is born to us-- from the Virgin!

Bersu ferarese yechelemaw sira--- Teweldenaho Emdingil(2x)

Enter into Bethlehem along with the shepherds--- He is born to us-- from the Virgin!

Ke eregnoch gara Bethlehem gibu--- Teweldenaho Emdingil(2x)

Bringing your gift along with the kings--- He is born to us-- from the Virgin!

Kenegestatu gar amehan aqirebu--- Teweldenaho Emdingil(2x)

Let us prostrate ourselves and worship the Child for He is Worthy!--- He is born to us-- from the Virgin!

Eneseged le hitsanu yigebawalina! --- Teweldenaho Emdingil(2x)

For governing power is upon His shoulders---- He is born to us-- from the Virgin!

Aleqinet siltan bechanqaw new ena --- Teweldenaho Emdingil(2x)

……………………///…………………….

Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

« Reply #658 on: January 16, 2012, 02:05:54 AM »

Selam all Smiley
Another Nativity mezmur..

beGol   sekebe  beazrekt   teteblele
Egzie  wemedehin
Beza  kulu  alem  yom  tewelde!

He slept in a manger wrapped in a swaddling cloth
The Lord and Savior
The Redeemer of the World is born today!

This group sings the whole musical number of the hymn so its longer than 10 min, this particular hymn happens to be one of my favorite Christmas hymns especially when sung during the vigil at Church where everyone lights their candle and you can hear the sound of  the bells ringing , the heralding drums ,the ululating of  women , see the procession of the clergy with the Holy Cross and the Nativity’s Icon  with the rising incense it is one of a kind experience that  makes the young and old leap and dance with joy while singing the Redeemer of the World is born today! angel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV9jRxYZ-CI&feature=related  part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br20Duen5tw&feature=related  part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAhIkS5RpG0&feature=related  part 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu83TJAjfoI&feature=related  part 4

Ok here is another one with the same mezmur with the single line “ beza kulu alem yom tewelde / the Redeemer of the World is born today!/ however with different guys singing it, the reading is from Luke 2:9-10  Then the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people. For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE-ycqs0gPc&feature=related

..........///...........

Glory be to the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit both now and ever and unto the ages of ages amen!

Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

« Reply #659 on: January 16, 2012, 02:12:16 AM »

Another one  angel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYULNosbq_M

Tewelede! Geta tewelede!

He is born! The Lord is born!

Tewelede! Amlak tewelede!

He is born! God is born!

Andit bilatena ye 15 amet lij

A young girl of 15

Getan weledechihew bemelakit awaj

She gave birth to the Lord, the angels heralding his birth

Behitum dingilina tewelede geta

Keeping sealed her virginity, the Lord is born

Alemin yemiyadin  ye sewoch alegneta!

The savior of the world, the pride of mankind!

Tewelede! Geta tewelede!

He is born! God is born!

Yeh alem be qalu ketefeterebet

Great is his wisdom that created the world with His Word

Yibeltal tibebu amlak sew yehonebet

But Greater still is His wisdom that God became Man with

Endemin yigermal yihe Tewahedo !

How wondrous is this Union!

Ayenew amlakin endesew teweldo!

For we saw God born as Man!

Tewelede! Geta tewelede!

He is born! God is born!

Fitsum dingilina kibir yetemelach

Filled with glory and the perfect splendor of virginity

Endemin amlakin bemahitsen yazech?!

How did she contain God in her womb ?!

Alemin beqalu yefeteren geta

The Lord who created the world with this word

Weledechiw dingil yehewan alegneta

The very same she gave birth to, she who is the pride of eve

Tewelede! Geta tewelede!

He is born! God is born!

Anchi bilatena enatachin Maryam

O maiden  and our mother Mary

Bemidir tefelego endanchi aletegegnem

No one was found that was like you on earth

Behasab be gibir nitsuh silehonech

Found being pure in thought and deed

Le amlak maderiya dingil temeretech!

The Virgin was chosen to be the bearer of God!

Tewelede! Geta tewelede!

He is born! God is born!

Fitsum dingilina kibir yetemelach

Filled with glory and the perfect splendor of virginity

Endemin amlakin bemahitsen yazech?!

How did she contain God in her womb ?!

Alemin beqalu yefeteren geta

The Lord who created the world with this word

Weledechiw dingil yehewan alegneta !

The very same she gave birth to, she who is the pride of eve!

Tewelede! Geta tewelede!

He is born! God is born!

........///........

Glory be to the Father and  the Son and the Holy Spirit both now and ever and unto the ages of ages Amen.

Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

« Reply #660 on: January 16, 2012, 02:22:30 AM »

Reading paraphrased excerpts from “the Faith of the Fathers ,from St. Cyril / Haymanote abew ze Kiyrllos/ ” and the Gospel of St.  Luke “ Dingil fetariwan weledechiw.  ersum yefeterewin siga meleso tewahadew. bebetelehem girgim yeneberewin girum mistir iyasebech enatu maryamim belibuwa titebeqe neber’’/ the Virgin gave birth to her Creator. He united himself to the flesh that he created. His mother Mary kept the glorious secret seen in the manger of Bethlehem and pondered it in her heart’’

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdzcJaYGAXI&feature=related

Dingil fetariwan weledechiw

The virgin gave birth to her Creator

Bemeteqeleyam teqelelechiw

And wrapped him with a swaddling cloth

Yelemina sifra le engedoch marefiya

For there was no place of shelter for strangers

Girgim astegnachiw bekebetoch maderiya

She laid him to sleep in the stables of the animals

Cheneqat tebebat ye Dawit ketema

the city of David, became overwhelmed

Yegeta meweled tameru sisema

When she heard the news of the Lord’s Birth, hearing this wonder

Werede melaku miserach liyaawera

The angel descended to bring the good news,

Ye hitsanum kibir bemidir abera

As the Glory of the Child shined for the World.

Yieh mistir girum new keto mayeneger

Glorious is this mystery, no words can describe it

Maryamim belibuwa titebiqew neber

And Mary kept the secret in her heart

Sebeasegel metu keruq misraq hager

The wise men came from the east

Werq etan kerebewin lersu lemegeber

To do homage they brought him gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh

Be enatum eqif agegnut hitsanun

They found the Child in the embrace of his mother

Lealem tenageru nigus meweledun

And they proclaimed to the world that a King is Born

Yih mitstir girum new keto mayineger

Glorious is this mystery, no words can describe it

Maryamim belibuwa titebeqew neber

And Mary kept the secret in her heart.

Yeyehuda midir misganan temola

The land of Judea was filled with praise of thanksgiving

Nigus metuwalina ke nazereth gelilla

For the king has come from Nazareth Galilee

Tamirun tinager betelehem tawera

Let Bethlehem tell of his marvelous deed

Zimare siwetat tereseto qotera

for she has been engulfed with the song of His praise that made her  forget  the gloom of the census

yemayetay taye tedassesse endessew

The unseen is seen, the untouchable is touched like men

Betebabu deret Adamin meselew

With his narrow chest he became like Adam

Geremat tibebu tanashewan mushira

The young bride marveled at his wisdom

Tewaheduwalina Qal ke siga gara

For United is the Word with Flesh.

...........///................

Glory be to the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit both now and ever and unto the ages of ages Amen.

Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

« Reply #661 on: January 16, 2012, 02:28:44 AM »

the Last one for today  Cool Cheesy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxI5-_N6v6Y

Ye Ab Qal akiberosh

You are the one whom The Word of the Father honored

Enatu yaderegesh

And made you his mother

Egziabher be Qalu fitsum yakeberesh

God the Father truly glorified you with his Word

Yeminemekabish meselal anchi nesh/2x/

And you are the ladder that we take pride on./2x/

Qidisina lanchi tsedeqim lanchi hono

Purity is yours and yours is righteousness

Alemin yefetere be anchi teweseno

The creator of the world contained in you

Yegenet fire nesh hiwot yaferash

You are like the seed of Eden who brought forth the fruit of life

Anchin lemerete anchin lanetsash

For the One who chose you, for the One who purified you

Misgana yidresew lecheru amlakish/2x/

Glory be to your God who is good./2x/

Ye Ab Qal akiberosh

Enatu yaderegesh

And made you his mother

Adam yenorebish ye Edom genet nesh

You are like the paradise Adam lived in

Ye epheson wenze werq yemifelqibish

Like the golden river of Ephesus

Ye Gihon maebel Ethiopian yekebebesh

Like The tide of Gihon surrounding Ethiopia

Yordanosin honesh ahizabin fewesesh

Like Jordan brining healing to the gentiles

Belijum Qalinet Abim akeberesh/2x/

Yeah by His Son: the Word, the Father glorified you.

Ye Ab Qal akiberosh

Enatu yaderegesh

And made you his mother

Meazashin wedo Weld wahid wajesh

Favoring your fragrance the One Son made you His

Abbim be semayat be hilinaw tsafesh

And The Father in heaven wrote you in His mind

Menfes Qidus metto  anchin akeberesh

The Holy Spirit came over you and glorified you.

Emekabishalehu ‘ Emebete’ silish !/2x/

And I take great pride in calling you ‘my Lady’!/2x/

Weld bemewededu kanchi meweledu

Out His of Love the Son chose to be born from you

Nitsuh hono agegnetot qidusun sigashin

Finding you pure and holy

Le Qalu maderiya tsilat ena tabot

To make you the dwelling place of the Word, for you are like the tablet and the Ark

Beberuh demena temeseleshilet

Your likeness that of the bright Cloud

Ke sigash tekefelo kedemish dem wesedo

He took flesh of your flesh, blood of your blood

Kenefesishim  nefse fetsum Tewahedo!/2x/

Soul of your soul in The Perfect Union!/2x/

.......///..........

Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

« Reply #662 on: January 19, 2012, 10:57:34 PM »

My dears, I wish you a blessed Feast of Epiphany!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqIx2ZteOwA

Yohanneseni  yatemiq/2x/ /John was baptizing
Be henon  /4x/  in AEnon
bemaedote yordanos /  and teaching  in Jordan

eyut tihetenawin tsidequn temeleketu  / behold his humility , see his righteousness
bebaryaw ej hono yegeta timqetu / that made the Baptism of the Lord by the hand of his servant

Be henon  /4x/  in AEnon

ante menagneu sew qidus bahetawi/ O you who have renounced the world, Holy Solitary.
bejeih tetemqo Eyesus nazrawi /  by your hand Jesus the Nazarene is baptized.

Be henon  /4x/  in AEnon

tesewero sale ke’alem teleyeto/  of what was hidden before, from the eyes of the world
 awajun simu ale begun asayito/  he said hear the proclamation, and showed the Lamb.

Be henon  /4x/  in AEnon

neseha  eyegebu  iyetenazezu/  repenting and confessing of their sins
beYohannis  sebeket le Egziabher tegezu/ by the teachings of John they submitted to God.

Be henon  /4x/  in AEnon

yesemayun  getta  midrawi  siyatemeqew/ When the heavenly Lord was baptized by the Earthly
mistyir tegelete alem hulu aweqew/  The Mystery is revealed and the whole world knew of it.

............///...........

Glory be to the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit both now and ever and unto the ages of ages amen.

Salpy
Toumarches

« Reply #663 on: January 19, 2012, 11:03:47 PM »

I love your translations.  Have a happy Timket!   Smiley
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 11:03:59 PM by Salpy » Logged

minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #664 on: January 20, 2012, 12:01:14 AM »

My dears, I wish you a blessed Feast of Epiphany!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqIx2ZteOwA

Be henon  /4x/  in AEnon

eyut tihetenawin tsidequn temeleketu  / behold his humility , see his righteousness
bebaryaw ej hono yegeta timqetu / that made the Baptism of the Lord by the hand of his servant

Be henon  /4x/  in AEnon

ante menagneu sew qidus bahetawi/ O you who have renounced the world, Holy Solitary.
bejeih tetemqo Eyesus nazrawi /  by your hand Jesus the Nazarene is baptized.

Be henon  /4x/  in AEnon

tesewero sale ke’alem teleyeto/  of what was hidden before, from the eyes of the world
 awajun simu ale begun asayito/  he said hear the proclamation, and showed the Lamb.

Be henon  /4x/  in AEnon

neseha  eyegebu  iyetenazezu/  repenting and confessing of their sins
beYohannis  sebeket le Egziabher tegezu/ by the teachings of John they submitted to God.

Be henon  /4x/  in AEnon

yesemayun  getta  midrawi  siyatemeqew/ When the heavenly Lord was baptized by the Earthly
mistyir tegelete alem hulu aweqew/  The Mystery is revealed and the whole world knew of it.

............///...........

Glory be to the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit both now and ever and unto the ages of ages amen.

This is one officially one my favorites.  Thank you  Smiley  It truly helped me meditate on the importance of the Forerunner's mission, in comparison with the Theotokos.  The Theotokos brought Christ to the world.  The Forerunner brought the world to Christ.  Happy Timket Hiwot!

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

« Reply #665 on: January 25, 2012, 07:50:37 PM »

Thank you dear Salpy Smiley

Dear Mina, I am glad you liked it, its one of my favorites as well.  Smiley

Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

« Reply #666 on: January 25, 2012, 07:53:13 PM »

I love this mezmur  angel

Mezmur by Deacon tizitaw Samuel, Zemari Ezra, and Zemari Hawaz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nUhInh8JIQ

Kibre qidusan ye’eti /2x/ kibre qidusan / She is the honor of the Saints
Mudaye manna girum /2x/the vessel of the wondrous Manna
Mudaye manna / the vessel of the Manna

Yeqidusanu kibir neshina/ for you are the honor of the Saints
Enseteshalen qine misgana/ we bring you hymn of praise
Yeweledeshelen ye hiwot manna/ you are the one who gave birth for us the Manna of Life
Zinab yalebish tanash demena/ you are the little cloud carrying the Rain

Mudaye manna girum/2x/ the vessel of the wondrous Manna

Tihitina libsish fiqir wubetish/ Humility  your vestment, Love your resplendent beauty
Tsins yazelelal selamta dimtsesh/ the sound of your peaceful greeting makes the babe in the womb leap for joy
Esatun  weldesh esat taqefeshal/ You: gave birth to the Fire; You: embraced the Fire in your bosom
Sanzemerelish meche yimeshal/  what day goes by, without us singing in praise of you?!

Mudaye manna girum/ The vessel of the Wondrous Manna
Mudaye manna/ the vessel of the Manna

Yetsehay mewecha misraq honesh/ you are the East the Sun rose from
Talaqun birehan ayenebishe/ from which we saw the Great Light
Atichelemem hiwotachin/ no longer shall our lives be in darkness
Lijish eskale tsehayachin/ so long as we have your Son, who is our Sun

Mudaye manna girum/2x/ the vessel of the Wondrous Manna
Mudaye manna/ the vessel of the Manna

Se’ali lene selam leki/ entreat for us, peace be upon you
Temahetsena bekidaneki/ for we have put ourselves under your protection
Ne’ei regebeye misele weldeki/ O My Dove, come with your Son
Semaye wemedir yawedesuki/ and let heaven and earth praise you!

Kibre qidusan ye’eti /2x/ kibre qidusan / She is the honor of the Saints
Mudaye manna girum /2x/the vessel of the wondrous Manna

Closing prayer:
Endedemena yekebebu elif aelafat qidusan be zufanih zuriya tekemachetew anten bicha yamelkalu
Kibrina misgana amlekot ena wudasem hul gizem lante yihun lezelealemu amen/
Ten thousand times ten thousand of saints surround your throne like clouds and worship you alone O God, Glory and Praise, Worship and Thanksgiving be to you for all time and unto the ages of ages amen

Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

« Reply #667 on: January 25, 2012, 07:57:48 PM »

Mezmur by Estephanos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rDB0kJGd0Y&feature=related

Reading from the book of Daniel 7:9 ““As I looked,
thrones were placed,
and the Ancient of Days took his seat;
his clothing was white as snow,
and the hair of his head like pure wool;
his throne was fiery flames;
its wheels were burning fire.

Bezemenat yeshemegele/ The  Ancient of Days
 kibrin hulu yeteqelele/  encompassing of ALL Glory
Ende Geta ere man ale?!/Who is Like The Lord?!
Ende Egziabher ere man ale?!/Who is Like God?!

Tilobignal megonatsefiya/ He has put on His mantel on me
Leyetognal ke siga tidfiya/ and separated me from the race of the flesh
Besew mizan kibrin mayeleka/ He does not weigh worth by the measurement of men
Ewenetegna geta new leka!/ indeed  He is the True Lord

Demena new menkorakuru / Cloud is His chariot
Nebelbal new zufan menberu/ flaming fire is the Altar of His Throne
Meseweriyaw ayederesim/ He conceals himself with heights unapproachable
Bemanim mot ayekesesim/ He cannot be accused of anyone’s death.

Qen zemenat hulu siyareju/ days and ages grow old
Addisochu zebnew sijaju/ the new ones quickly age and are debilitated
Geta addis new hulem maleda/  yet the Lord is ever New , fresh like the new  morning
Fiqr yazenbal ke libu guada/ from the depth of His heart pours forth Love

Mekanitun be lij bareke/ He blessed the barren with children
Hayelegnawin anberekeke/ He made the mighty bow down
Lemiskinoch silemirara/ because He is compassionate to the poor
Be Eyesus libachin kora/ our hearts take pride in Jesus.

........///........

Glory be to the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit both now and ever unto the ages of ages amen!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 08:01:54 PM by Hiwot » Logged

dhinuus
Elder

« Reply #668 on: February 04, 2012, 01:20:38 AM »

Syriac Hymn sung by Malankara Syriac Orthodox Seminarians
http://youtu.be/UkzDPwq4PfA

NULL
sheenj
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Indian/Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church

St. Gregorios of Parumala, pray for us...

« Reply #669 on: February 04, 2012, 10:28:02 PM »

I guess this a good place as any to start. Linked is the Dialogue of the Two Thieves, pretty much exactly what it says on the tin. It's traditionally sung by two deacons during Good Friday services in the Indian tradition.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJCe-9ARKGo
Salpy
Toumarches

« Reply #670 on: February 05, 2012, 01:15:42 AM »

Welcome to the forum!

CoptoGeek
OC.net guru

« Reply #671 on: February 13, 2012, 01:51:11 PM »

ԿՈՄԻՏԱՍ "ՍՈՒՐԲ, ՍՈՒՐԲ" - KOMITAS, "SURB, SURB"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiR3vizvkZU

by the National Chamber Choir of Armenia

http://www.armchoir.com/#!/en/

"Be oppressed, rather than the oppressor. Be gentle, rather than zealous. Lay hold of goodness, rather than justice." -St. Isaac of Nineveh

“I returned to the Coptic Orthodox Church with affection, finding in her our tormented and broken history“. -Salama Moussa
CoptoGeek
OC.net guru

« Reply #672 on: February 13, 2012, 01:58:43 PM »

I guess this a good place as any to start. Linked is the Dialogue of the Two Thieves, pretty much exactly what it says on the tin. It's traditionally sung by two deacons during Good Friday services in the Indian tradition.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJCe-9ARKGo

Welcome to the forum, sheenj. That is truly beautiful!

Salpy
Toumarches

« Reply #673 on: February 17, 2012, 11:09:58 PM »

O Monogenes in Malayalam:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwfKmN43UkI

Brigidsboy
Elder

Jurisdiction: Armenian

« Reply #674 on: February 18, 2012, 10:53:25 PM »

The Gospel of Palm Sunday - Syriac Orthodox church

Kashisho (Priest) Kenan Budak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4r4YIU6BLo&feature=plcp&context=C3519e45UAOEgsToPDskJs7pduRYW5-YcJNmVz7_9g

N. B. Watch what the children do near the end of the reading.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 10:54:28 PM by Brigidsboy » Logged

"I don't think I've ever eaten anything Armenian I didn't like.  I even drink my non-Armenian coffee out of a St Nersess Seminary coffee mug because it is better that way." --Mor Ephrem
Tags: Oriental Orthodox Music liturgical music Orthodox Music music liturgical languages 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: