Author Topic: Persecution of Copts in Egypt  (Read 103120 times)

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
  • Pray for me Sts. Mina & Kyrillos for my interviews
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
Re: Persecution of Copts in Egypt
« Reply #540 on: October 12, 2017, 04:58:36 PM »
I just saw the same video on youtube, it looked like he was stabbed as he was entering into a warehouse, but afterwards, where the camera doesn’t show, the killer may have also cleaved his head to finish him off before running off, according to a photo the video showed of the deceased priest with a head injury.  An eyewitness saw from far away that the priest sustained one stab wound and was then trying to run away from the killer.  The video I saw showed the second and fatal stab wound, but it did not show anything after that due to the rest of the scene happening beyond the camera’s view.

I found the video by search terms in Arabic.  It is graphic.
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline ZackShenouda439

• http://www.saintmarkkc.org
  • Faith: Coptic Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Alexandria
« Reply #541 on: October 12, 2017, 05:38:27 PM »
 The slaying of our priest perpetrated by the hands of the one who embraces the faith of the beast. The masjid is the refuge of the fiends & miscreants devoted to the blasphemous mohammed. The mohammedan is nothing more but a defender & champion of savagery.

Offline Antonious Nikolas

• Orthodox Christian, Miaphysite
  • Taxiarches
  • Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker, Bishop of Myra
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Oriental Orthodox Church
« Reply #542 on: October 12, 2017, 07:52:30 PM »
Lord, have mercy.  This is terrible.  :'(
I'm with the camp of 13 million Americans that believe politicians are, or are controlled by, Reptilians. I think only monks can solve this problem. It doesn't seem right that they prefer to ignore it.

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
  • Pray for me Sts. Mina & Kyrillos for my interviews
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
« Reply #543 on: October 14, 2017, 08:19:02 PM »
I just saw the same video on youtube, it looked like he was stabbed as he was entering into a warehouse, but afterwards, where the camera doesn’t show, the killer may have also cleaved his head to finish him off before running off, according to a photo the video showed of the deceased priest with a head injury.  An eyewitness saw from far away that the priest sustained one stab wound and was then trying to run away from the killer.  The video I saw showed the second and fatal stab wound, but it did not show anything after that due to the rest of the scene happening beyond the camera’s view.

I found the video by search terms in Arabic.  It is graphic.

To add to this, another security video revealed from the inside of the warehouse, but blocked by a vehicle, the killer indeed kept swinging at the priest, then ripped something off the priest and threw it (determined later to be his pectoral cross) before walking away.  A few bystanders were in the warehouse, doing nothing and letting the Islamist loose.
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline CoptoGeek

• of Alexandria, the Christ-loving City
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #544 on: November 03, 2017, 08:54:36 AM »
Series of attacks in Egypt targeting Coptic Christians forces churches to close

http://www.copticworld.org/articles/7294/
"Be oppressed, rather than the oppressor. Be gentle, rather than zealous. Lay hold of goodness, rather than justice." -St. Isaac of Nineveh

“I returned to the Coptic Orthodox Church with affection, finding in her our tormented and broken history“. -Salama Moussa