OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 22, 2014, 04:13:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OO Church in WV? or VA?  (Read 1021 times) Average Rating: 0
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« on: August 14, 2006, 11:07:35 AM »

Hi guys,

I was hoping that someone might let me know the locations of any OO Church (Syrian, Armenian, Ethiopian, Eritrean, Malankara Syrian, or Indian) that is near Greenbrier County of WV.

I wish a "SCOOCH" site would be developed like the "SCOBA" site, so that it could make it easier for me to find churches.

As for Coptic, I tried searching for Coptic churches, and the nearest I could find is 90 miles away, and this is just a fairly new community that meets twice a month at some place in Roanoke, VA.  That is too far for me, but I can only probably visit this church at special occasions.  If anything closer, I would greatly appreciate it.  If there's a Coptic Church nearby that I did not about, or new that's not in the Coptic list of American Churches, that also I would appreciate.

I'm specifically located in Lewisburg, WV.  Something within a 50 mile radius would be perfect (like the Antiochian Greek Church at Beckley).

Thank you for your help.  Sorry for the long and annoying message.

Mina
« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 11:08:22 AM by minasoliman » Logged

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Toumarches

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 11:55:48 PM »

I'll bump this one more time just in case no one read this.  I'm quite sure I might not get any better results than the EO Church in Beckley, but if anything, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

God bless.

Mina

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
Salpy
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 01:22:38 AM »

I'm sorry I didn't see this earlier.  The best I can come up with is an Armenian church in Richmond, Virginia, which I think may be even farther than Roanoke.  I think it is just a "mission" church, with a priest visiting now and then, but I am not sure.  It is St. James Armenian Church, (804)282-3818.  The information I have says there is a "deacon in charge" named Rev. Dn. Tigran Karapetyan.

MarkosC

Faith: Patriarchate of Antioch
Jurisdiction: Greek/Melkite Catholic

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2006, 09:57:08 AM »

There are some in the DC and Northern Virginia (e.g. Fairfax) area, but that's 4 hours  (according to mapquest) from where you'll be.   There is a Coptic Church, a pair IIRC or Armenian Churches and at least several Ethiopian Churches.

If you want more info on these please let me know and I can see what I can give you as far as specifics.

O Lord although I desired to blot out
with my tears the handwriting of my many sins
And for the rest of my life to please Thee
through sincere repentance
Yet doth the enemy lead me astray as he wareth
against my sould with his cunning

O Lord before I utterly perish do Thou save me!
minasoliman
Section Moderator
Toumarches

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2006, 11:18:10 AM »

Hi guys,

Ya, I figured it would be hard to find one nearby.  They're just too far for me. (like I said, the Church in Roanoke is always good for seasonal visits).

But thank you for your efforts though.  If you find something better, let me know.

Mina

FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2006, 07:59:03 PM »

Well, at least Roanoke is a pretty town to visit...

(I used to live there).

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: