Author Topic: It's Happening!  (Read 66 times)

Offline RichC

It's Happening!
« on: Today at 12:34:07 AM »
On August 21 I will be baptized and chrismated into the Bulgarian Orthodox Church.  Long ago I chose my name saint (St. Nikitas the Goth).  Primarily due to my long military service and my enthusiasm about sharing Orthodoxy if asked.  I want to do it right and am purchasing a baptismal robe.  I am so darn excited about this!  My priest has informed me of what will be taking place and I have kept my sponsor in the loop.  Wow! It's going to happen.  Just wanted to share.

Offline RaphaCam

• Prime Minister of Zimbabwe
  • OC.net guru
  • Holy Prophet and God-seer Moses
    • Facebook - A Bíblia Ilustrada
  • Faith: Church of Poland
  • Jurisdiction: but my heart belongs to Rio de Janeiro
Re: It's Happening!
« Reply #1 on: Today at 12:43:29 AM »
Glory be to God!
Bendito seja o Reino do Pai, do Filho e do Espírito Santo!

Offline Porter ODoran

• Ex-Amish ex Appalachia
  • Taxiarches
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
« Reply #2 on: Today at 12:54:28 AM »
How exciting and awe-inspiring! Glory to God! May you be richly blessed and saved.
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Quote from: Seekingtrue
Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline seekeroftruth777

• OC.net guru
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOARCH
« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:37:49 AM »
Glory be to God, may you follow the true faith without error, or heresies.

Offline wgw

• Addicted to liturgical music
  • Protokentarchos
  • This icon is of St. Athansius.
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox
« Reply #4 on: Today at 01:52:44 AM »
On August 21 I will be baptized and chrismated into the Bulgarian Orthodox Church.  Long ago I chose my name saint (St. Nikitas the Goth).  Primarily due to my long military service and my enthusiasm about sharing Orthodoxy if asked.  I want to do it right and am purchasing a baptismal robe.  I am so darn excited about this!  My priest has informed me of what will be taking place and I have kept my sponsor in the loop.  Wow! It's going to happen.  Just wanted to share.

Glory be to God.  The Bulgarian Church has fantastic music, so I think you picked a nice jurisdiction also.