OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 18, 2014, 07:55:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jerusalem  (Read 2089 times) Average Rating: 0
Bishop Paul Andrew

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: American Orthodox Catholic Church/ Holy Synod of North and South America.

« on: August 18, 2006, 03:39:32 AM »

I have been reading a Book called Jerusalem CountDown. It is very good book, written by John Hagee. Has any one here ever read the Book. If you haven't read the book I recommend it. Every thing that we see today about Israel,Iran and the United States long with Russia and North Korea. This book tells it all about last days to come and what the world is heading in to.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 03:40:14 AM by Father Paul Andrew » Logged
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 08:47:50 AM »

Have you heard of "Jerusalem Syndrome"?

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 08:48:12 AM »

I'm afraid that, if I had a list of Protestant Ministers I'd be willing to read, John Hagee would be pretty far down. I used to watch him on TV years ago when I myself was a Protestant, and to be quite honest he struck me mostly as a shill for his own eschatological products. He is an entertaining speaker, no doubt, and perhaps even an entertaining author, but I thought his theology was questionable even when I was a Protestant.

Yes, yes, youth is wasted on the young. And so is accumulated experience wasted on the old, the positives of modernism wasted on moderns, the beauty of Christianity wasted on Christians, the utility of scholarship wasted on scholars, and on and on.
TomS
Banned
Archon

Jurisdiction: GOA

"Look At Me! Look At Me Now! " - Bono

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 09:21:42 AM »

It is very good book, written by John Hagee.

Oxymoron.

Dismus
Elder

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2006, 02:00:08 PM »

I always thought that we should not think about when the end will come in terms of when it will be.

observer
High Elder

Vivre die Raznitsa!

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2006, 02:02:59 PM »

I would rather be mindful of the prophecies of Elder Paissios or Elder Iganatij of Harbin, remembering however that such prophecies are not set in concrete.

Thou shalt not prefer one thing to another (Law of Liberalism)
sdcheung
it's as if..Saint Photios and Saint Mark Ephesus, has come back
Banned
OC.net guru

...even though Romania Falls, another will Rise...

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2006, 04:53:32 PM »

John Hagee is a dumbarse.
#@$!@!#%!@#%$ Non-Replacement theology doofus.

Keep Breed Mixing, and this Maine Coon Cat will be the last of it's kind. /\
No profanities in your sig line if you're going to post in the public forum.
ROCORthodox
Elder

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2006, 06:24:52 PM »

I would rather be mindful of the prophecies of Elder Paissios or Elder Iganatij of Harbin, remembering however that such prophecies are not set in concrete.

Could you point us in the direction of some of those prophecies by the Elders?
Starlight
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of USA (Ecumenical Patriarchate)

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2006, 11:14:03 PM »

I always thought that we should not think about when the end will come in terms of when it will be.

Agree. You are completely right, Dismus!
Bishop Paul Andrew

Jurisdiction: American Orthodox Catholic Church/ Holy Synod of North and South America.

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2006, 07:36:35 PM »

Why so narrow minded, every thing that John Hagee wrote in his book Jerusalem Countdown is what is going on right now. we see it on the news or read about it in the paper. Not everything has to be according to the Orthodox Church in teachings. Don't be so narrow minded that a Protestant Pastor wrote a book about what is happening in the middle East. Open your eyes and ears and look and listen to what is going on in the middle East. All of this is according to prophesies from the OT to the NT.
Veniamin
Fire for Effect!
Archon

Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the South

St. Barbara, patroness of the Field Artillery

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2006, 07:57:48 PM »

Not everything has to be according to the Orthodox Church in teachings.

Um, yeah, it does.  While a Protestant might have something worthwhile to read (C.S. Lewis, anyone?), if a Protestant (or anyone else, for that matter) teaches something contradictory to the Church's teaching, it is wrong per se.  When you become Orthodox, whomever catechises you might go over that bit.

Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl. ~Frederick the Great
Veniamin
Fire for Effect!
Archon

Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the South

St. Barbara, patroness of the Field Artillery

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2006, 07:59:26 PM »

Oh, by the way, reasonably correct sentences would be nice every once in a while.  This one makes no sense at all.

Don't be so narrow minded that a Protestant Pastor wrote a book about what is happening in the middle East.

Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl. ~Frederick the Great
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2006, 07:59:49 PM »

I thought he was a shill and a hack back when I was a Protestant as well.

Yes, yes, youth is wasted on the young. And so is accumulated experience wasted on the old, the positives of modernism wasted on moderns, the beauty of Christianity wasted on Christians, the utility of scholarship wasted on scholars, and on and on.
observer
High Elder

Vivre die Raznitsa!

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2006, 09:23:19 PM »

I don't know what has been printed in English, but in Greek there are several books about Elder Paissios and his prophecies.  Elder Ignatij is quoted in the biography of Fr Seraphim Rose.

Thou shalt not prefer one thing to another (Law of Liberalism)
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2006, 08:45:27 AM »

Oh no, not another prophesy thread...

Seems every time a comet appears (or reappears) there are those who start stirring their Kool-Aid and mutilate themselves. Same holds true for events in the middle east that have been happening for hundreds, thousands, of years.

If I am not mistaken, Scripture states we will not know when "the time comes" . I believe Him.

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: