OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 29, 2014, 03:31:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How They Convert To Islam In Texas  (Read 1679 times) Average Rating: 0
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

that is not the teaching of...

« on: August 14, 2006, 02:01:17 PM »

I don't remember what I was looking for last night, but I came upon this video, which I found quite interesting. It is a "conversion story" given by a former Texas preacher, who has now become a Muslim. Many others also converted (including a Catholic priest), according to the story. I know you'all could really tear him apart (e.g., his dealing with Trinitarianism was pretty weak), but it's still pretty entertaining.

"I haven't done anything wrong, and I won't be hounded by you and your soulless minions of orthodoxy! I haven't broken any laws... except perhaps the laws of nature." - Dr. Elias Giger
Dismus
Elder

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 12:15:44 PM »

You should have warned us how boring and long that clip is.
That man never had an understanding of Christianity to begin with and then he brags he found the truth in Islam.
If it hit him on the head with a 2X4 it would be oblivious to him anyway.
Nutcase. Or as Ozgeorge would say - CHAFF!

minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 01:42:30 PM »

Roll Eyes

I don't know whether I should laugh or feel frustrated.  It makes me wonder as to why he even became a minister in the first place if he even admitted that he served his mammon more than his God.

Lord, have mercy.

Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
Fr. David
The Poster Formerly Known as "Pedro"
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA, Diocese of the South

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 04:31:05 PM »

(including a Catholic priest), according to the story.

Oh, right, the guy who said he was from Venus at first... Shocked

I know you'all could really tear him apart (e.g., his dealing with Trinitarianism was pretty weak)

That's putting it nicely.  Anybody who can't understand the difference between a problem with an analogy (apple, egg, family) and a problem with an idea is just prime pickin' for someone more educated to swing in and impress 'em.

Seriously.  That's pretty sad.  "Jesus is not our Savior, the Bible says: God is."  Huh

Priest in the Orthodox Church in America - ordained on March 18, 2012

Oh Taste and See (my defunct blog)

From Protestant to Orthodox (my conversion story)
Zoe
Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2006, 09:11:06 PM »

I couldn't finish it.  I suppose I'm not at the point where such outright lies that become accepted as truth wouldn't bother me.

NI!!!!!!
francis-christopher
Banned
Elder

Faith: Roman Catholic
Jurisdiction: Diocese of Richmond

St. Francis pray for us!

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2006, 09:57:58 PM »

In nomine Iesus I offer you all peace,

A Catholic Contemplative (Ignatius) does a good job debating Muslims Here.

Read The Strangest Religion...

« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 10:03:58 PM by francis-christopher » Logged

Francisce-Christophorus

Sancte Francisce, athleta Christi, ora pro nobis. Amen.
Elisha
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2006, 10:34:35 PM »

I don't remember what I was looking for last night, but I came upon this video, which I found quite interesting. It is a "conversion story" given by a former Texas preacher, who has now become a Muslim. Many others also converted (including a Catholic priest), according to the story. I know you'all could really tear him apart (e.g., his dealing with Trinitarianism was pretty weak), but it's still pretty entertaining.

I didn't think so.  I got bored after about 7 min of hardly getting started with his story and stopped listening.
Dismus
Elder

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2006, 11:56:18 PM »

In nomine Iesus I offer you all peace,

A Catholic Contemplative (Ignatius) does a good job debating Muslims Here.

Read The Strangest Religion...

That Ignatius must be a Priest!?

Whoever he is he is amazing to read. And so kind in his replies.
Ιωάννης
OC.net Peon, Patron Saint of Gyros' and All Tzatziki

Faith: Orthodox Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Γ.Ο.Χ.

O Father John, pray to Christ our God for us!

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2006, 12:13:54 AM »

I like how he says 'alhamdulillah' with this strong southern twang of an accent.

Yusuf Estes is hillarious. I've been to his website and his arguments are very elementary. It truly is pitiful how these converts to Islam are ransacked by Muslims, who twist Biblical verses, rip them out of context, etc...

Also funny how he implies that the title/label of "priest" is exclusive only to the Roman Catholic Church. Shows how much he knows about Orthodoxy.  Tongue

Silliness. Ignorance. Childish. Pharisaism. This is what this video is of. Nothing more!

Peace,
Ioannis

I have seen how men of scant means enriched themselves by living with the poor in spirit, and forgot their first poverty. - Holy St. John Climacus
JoeS
(aka StMarkEofE)
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: OCA

Global Warming Enthusiast.

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2006, 10:17:53 PM »

[quote author=Ιωάννης link=topic=9751.msg131797#msg131797 date=1155701634]
I like how he says 'alhamdulillah' with this strong southern twang of an accent.

Yusuf Estes is hillarious. I've been to his website and his arguments are very elementary. It truly is pitiful how these converts to Islam are ransacked by Muslims, who twist Biblical verses, rip them out of context, etc...

Also funny how he implies that the title/label of "priest" is exclusive only to the Roman Catholic Church. Shows how much he knows about Orthodoxy.ÂÂ  Tongue

Silliness. Ignorance. Childish. Pharisaism. This is what this video is of. Nothing more!

Peace,
Ioannis
[/quote]

Poor excuse for a stand up comic.

EkhristosAnesti
'I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."' - Psalm 91:2
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox

Pope St Kyrillos VI

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2006, 05:44:52 AM »

As a native speaker of the arabic language, I must admit that I nearly choked on my drink hearing that man attempt to pronounce "'hamdulilah" and "mash'allah"; he's trying way too hard to be someone he's not.

As noted by many above, his arguments reflect some of the poorest and most amateur anti-Christian polemics typical of that launched from within the Islamic camp. But in the end, this is the type of propoganda that makes Islam the fastest growing religion in the world.

No longer an active member of this forum. Sincerest apologies to anyone who has taken offence to anything posted in youthful ignorance or negligence prior to my leaving this forum - October, 2012.

"Philosophy is the imitation by a man of what is better, according to what is possible" - St Severus
Dimitrius

Orthodoxy is the way

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2006, 01:23:45 PM »

EkhristosAnesti,

If you were depressed about the comment that Islam is the fastest growing religion in the USA, you will be happy to note that the growth is NOT due to convertion, rather due to immigration. Here is a link of an audio presentation prepared by MUSLIMS in Chicago to address the issue of why new converts to Islam end up leaving Islam. This Muslim group conducted a survey of Muslim converts and found that out of every 100 people that convert to Islam in the US, 75 of them end up LEAVING Islam. The statistics are stated in minute 25 of the presentation.

http://www.radioislam.com/_asx/PublicAffairs/whynewmleave.asx

The Survey found that the largest group of converts to Islam that end up leaving Islam are prison inmates, followed by convert spouses of Muslims, followed by the children of mixed religion families, followed by the 'Transient' converts.

Overall, the picture is great for the downfall of Islam, when the honeymoon phase is over with these converts and they see Islam for what it really is and not the sugar coated, white washed, toned down version being sold to potential converts they end up leaving.

Al Hamdu lil Masih.... enjoy...

« Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 02:13:09 PM by Dimitrius » Logged
Ιωάννης
OC.net Peon, Patron Saint of Gyros' and All Tzatziki

Faith: Orthodox Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Γ.Ο.Χ.

O Father John, pray to Christ our God for us!

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2006, 01:47:53 PM »

Thank you Dimitrius! How insightful! I never knew.

All thanks due to God for this wonderful news.  Smiley

Peace,
Ioannis

I have seen how men of scant means enriched themselves by living with the poor in spirit, and forgot their first poverty. - Holy St. John Climacus
Tags: Texas 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: