OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 23, 2014, 05:48:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with severe issues  (Read 1494 times) Average Rating: 0
Leah05

Faith: Orthodox Christian

With God All is possible.

« on: August 04, 2006, 09:14:50 PM »

My brothers and sisters in God-
I have prayed to God many times and I just don't know what to do, and I feel all I can do is reach out for more prayer and hope for the best. I have lost my job for the third time this year and am suffering without money to buy the necessities. I do not have a home of my own and where I do live is not the safest. I suffer from a major health issues and have since I was a child. Mentally, and physically I am at my all-time worst. I know that the Lord above listens to us all when we pray, although because of my health issue I do not attend the local Orthodox Church. Many times I have felt evil after me as a child and even know, yet all I can do is Pray.  I come to this board in hopes to pray along with all of you for everyone that may need help just like I do at this time. I pray the Good Lord blesses everyone that is part of this site, and keeps all of you happy, healthy and safe.

"Lord I know you are a merciful God, Have mercy on me a sinner, and help me a this time as I struggle to find a good path with a life full of light".....
Salpy
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 09:26:06 PM »

Lord have mercy!

Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 09:31:17 PM »

May the Lord remember you in your tribulation, and may He have mercy on you for the rest of your life.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
EkhristosAnesti
'I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."' - Psalm 91:2
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox

Pope St Kyrillos VI

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 09:49:14 PM »

Leah,

I'd just like to share some advice based on my own personal experience; I hope it lifts you up as it surely did to me:

I find that it helps in times where one is overwhelmed with such trouble to the point that one fails to see any good in their life, to take a step back and truly focus on even the slightest good that one may find in their life, whether it be in the present or in the past, and to truly thank God from the deepest of one's heart for even that slightest glimpse of Grace. Remembering also that that slightest glimpse of Grace is a glimpse that many around you and before you may have never experienced, one's gratitude to God is enhanced to the point of even feeling unworthy of that glimpse of goodness that they experience or have experienced in the past, in spite of all the trouble that surrounds them at the present. One may start to find His Grace flowing more abundantly at that point.

P.S. My above advice was not intended to presume anything on your behalf; it is just general advice.

May the Lord make haste to you and deliver you.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2006, 09:50:22 PM by EkhristosAnesti » Logged

No longer an active member of this forum. Sincerest apologies to anyone who has taken offence to anything posted in youthful ignorance or negligence prior to my leaving this forum - October, 2012.

"Philosophy is the imitation by a man of what is better, according to what is possible" - St Severus
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006, 11:01:22 PM »

Lord have mercy

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
jlerms
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

O sweet Jesus, cleanse my soul.

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2006, 12:15:36 AM »

I pray that you may find relief in your ailments and that you will be protected from harm. 
 God grant you many blessings.    Juliana
retzev

Faith: Orthodox Inquirer
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2006, 04:27:52 AM »

Lord, have mercy.
Leah05

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2006, 09:40:50 PM »

I thank you all for your prayers and words. God bless you and your families. May the Lord Bless this board and the people that created it, In Jesus' Name, I pray you are all healthy and happy. Amen.
Troldhaugen
Holy Royal Martyr Alexandra - Pray for us!

Jurisdiction: Converting to Russian Orthodoxy

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2006, 09:45:53 PM »

Leah, I pray that you will know the happiness that comes from prayer and God's love. I will keep you in my prayers.

Lord Have Mercy.

"One must have only a little patience-and is it really so difficult? For every day that passes quietly I thank God"
Dismus
Elder

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2006, 11:28:26 AM »

I will pray for you today.
Timos
High Elder

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2006, 08:46:06 PM »

been there, and I think mayn others have. Have hope that with God's help, you will be able to lift yourself from the "mud pit" you find yourself in now. Faith is important, but so is hope and a litte determination.
Starlight
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of USA (Ecumenical Patriarchate)

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2006, 05:07:18 PM »

Lord, have mercy!
Leah05

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2006, 06:36:15 PM »

Update. Smiley My brothers and sisters in God- I praise God, and thank him for helping me this week with a new career path and hope. I just wanted to let those of you know who read my post and who prayed for me, that God answered a specific prayer this week, I am truly blessed by his grace and pray he continues to guide me to the true light of Jesus. I pray the Lord opens his arms to you as he did to me and he welcomed me in, for I had lost all hope. God heard my cry and answered. PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!  THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH.....
Starlight
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of USA (Ecumenical Patriarchate)

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2006, 10:49:31 PM »

Dear Leah05,
Glory to Jesus Christ! I am very glad that you have a solution in these events. Leah05, thank you very much for your very nice comments. Yes, as you said - with God all is possible! May God help you in everything and forever!
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: