OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 21, 2014, 10:25:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The most Holy Theotokos, Advocate of human race  (Read 747 times) Average Rating: 0
ωραία ελληνίς

« on: August 02, 2006, 04:16:14 PM »

One of the most precious titles given to Our Lady is the Advocate of humans. I would invite you to think over, how and under which circumstances Our Lady defended you in your life.
It may be a "coincidence" or "a strange changement" of mind of some people who used to persecute you.
It may be a "success" or a chance to prove your own qualities in front of people who used to underestimate you.
Any thaughts?
SakranMM
Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Most Holy Theotokos, save us!

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 10:51:59 AM »

I don't about the Theotokos working for us in order to "prove" our qualities to other people - at first glance, that hints of a prideful disposition, but situation and intent will dictate.

As for myself, I feel that the Theotokos has directly affected my life in at least one instance.  But I believe that she protects me and intercedes for me more often than I will ever know...almost "behind the scenes," but without her help, I probably would fall to pieces.  May Christ God save us through her intercessions.

In Christ,

Michael

"And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us..."
Dismus
Elder

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2006, 03:42:06 AM »

I know it was through her I was blessed with a baby that I should not have had according to my doctors.

Most Pure and Ever Virgin I can never thank you enough for your assistance and love.

I pray each day my little miracle and blessing will know you and love you all the days of her life.
Tags: Theotokos 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: