OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 28, 2014, 01:49:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Poll
Question: Or were you born into an Orthodox family?
I'm a convert from a non-Christian sect - 73 (60.3%)
I'm a convert from a non-Christian sect - 8 (6.6%)
I was born into an Orthodox family - 40 (33.1%)
Total Voters: 121

Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How did you learn about our site?  (Read 8159 times) Average Rating: 0
mike
Warned
Stratopedarches

« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2010, 07:36:13 AM »

I posted questions on the Orthodox Christian faith before coming to church, and someone told me to take my questions to an Orthodox forum, and suggested this. 

You owe mi a beer.
Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2010, 05:31:59 PM »

I posted questions on the Orthodox Christian faith before coming to church, and someone told me to take my questions to an Orthodox forum, and suggested this. 

You owe mi a beer.

"It is true that I am not always faithful, but I never lose courage, I leave myself in the Arms of Our Lord." - St. Thérèse of Lisieux
mike
Warned
Stratopedarches

« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2010, 05:34:17 PM »

Smiley
Noddy999

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox

« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2010, 06:44:40 PM »

Posts on the American Orthodox Institute website by ialmisry.

That chap is everywhere.
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2010, 01:19:36 PM »

Welcome to the forum, Noddy999!

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

that is not the teaching of...

« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2010, 01:31:58 PM »

"I haven't done anything wrong, and I won't be hounded by you and your soulless minions of orthodoxy! I haven't broken any laws... except perhaps the laws of nature." - Dr. Elias Giger
Nigula Qian Zishi
Administrator Emeritus, Retired Deacon, Inactive Poster, Active Orthodox Christian, Father, and Husband
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

我美丽的妻子和我。

nstanosheck
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2010, 10:03:19 PM »

Friends,

We are constantly trying to make OC.net the best Orthodox board on the internet (well next to our friend Nicholas's board of course!) With that in mind, I would like to poll you how you all found out about our site. That way, I can think of creative ways to get the word out.

Thanks!

anastasios

And now that forum, http://EuphrosynosCafe.com is Fr. Anastasios' forum. Funny how 7 years can change everything. Back at the beginning, Fr. Anastasios, Bobby, Mor Ephrem, and I were the 3 admins, and now we are all gone from this site as day-to-day folks, and a whole new crew runs the place. I would have never guessed how we all (and not just jurisdictionally!) would have changed since this site started.

在基督         My Original Blog
尼古拉         My Facebook Profile
前执事         My Twitter Page
Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2010, 05:21:54 PM »

Friends,

We are constantly trying to make OC.net the best Orthodox board on the internet (well next to our friend Nicholas's board of course!) With that in mind, I would like to poll you how you all found out about our site. That way, I can think of creative ways to get the word out.

Thanks!

anastasios

And now that forum, http://EuphrosynosCafe.com is Fr. Anastasios' forum. Funny how 7 years can change everything. Back at the beginning, Fr. Anastasios, Bobby, Mor Ephrem, and I were the 3 admins, and now we are all gone from this site as day-to-day folks, and a whole new crew runs the place. I would have never guessed how we all (and not just jurisdictionally!) would have changed since this site started.

so, If I have my account on this site, does my info (pass word, usr name, etc.) work on Euphrosynos cafe, or do I have to register there?

"It is true that I am not always faithful, but I never lose courage, I leave myself in the Arms of Our Lord." - St. Thérèse of Lisieux
Salpy
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2010, 05:30:54 PM »

I'm not a member there, but since it is a different forum, I would think you would have to register as a new poster there.

Nigula Qian Zishi
Administrator Emeritus, Retired Deacon, Inactive Poster, Active Orthodox Christian, Father, and Husband
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

我美丽的妻子和我。

nstanosheck
« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2010, 06:00:09 PM »

Friends,

Thanks!

anastasios

so, If I have my account on this site, does my info (pass word, usr name, etc.) work on Euphrosynos cafe, or do I have to register there?

You have register anew there.

在基督         My Original Blog
尼古拉         My Facebook Profile
前执事         My Twitter Page
SDMPNS
High Elder

Jurisdiction: raised in Metropolia which became the OCA now I belong to a GOA parish..

Praise God for the beauty of Creation

« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2010, 07:41:43 PM »

I heard about this forum at the Orthodox forum at Yahoo.com
Opus118
Site Supporter
Warned
OC.net guru

« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2014, 12:11:24 AM »

I do not remember, but .... it was after a persistent search for sites other than neo-Nazi role playing forums. I never knew that the Byzantines were Aryans before this. I remember finding Romanity first, which I still think is a great site despite a few justified criticisms. I also found CAF a few months before OCnet. I found OCnet way too belligerent where multiple people picked on a single person whether justified or not (at least that was my impression). If someone wants to correct me, that is fine.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2014, 12:29:57 AM »

I do not remember, but .... it was after a persistent search for sites other than neo-Nazi role playing forums.

I think we have all experienced the claustrophobic feeling that happens when you limit yourself for too long to forums that discuss that activity in particular. Still, you'll never forget your first love, am I right?

Hey, wait a second...  Tongue

"I haven't done anything wrong, and I won't be hounded by you and your soulless minions of orthodoxy! I haven't broken any laws... except perhaps the laws of nature." - Dr. Elias Giger
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2014, 12:34:06 AM »

To add--I mentioned maybe a week ago about how, in some of the older threads on oc.net, that (due to a technical issue during a crash or something) a poll would get attached to a thread it didn't belong to. This apparently is one of those threads.

Minnesotan
Elder

Faith: Raised evangelical, inquiring into Orthodoxy
Jurisdiction: Interested in becoming Antiochian

From the Land of 10,000 Lakes

« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2014, 12:35:17 AM »

"Is there any reason that in the poll there are 2 entries for:  "I'm a convert from a non-Christian sect"   ?"

Not to mention there isn't an entry for converts from Christian sects, or people who are still in the process of converting, or people who aren't planning to convert and are just here to discuss and/or debate.
Opus118
Site Supporter
Warned
OC.net guru

« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2014, 01:22:18 AM »

To add--I mentioned maybe a week ago about how, in some of the older threads on oc.net, that (due to a technical issue during a crash or something) a poll would get attached to a thread it didn't belong to. This apparently is one of those threads.

Thanks Justin, the poll was perplexing given the knowledgeable OP, but we are all perplexing when it comes down to it.
NanaDeborah

Faith: Almost catechumen, former charismatic
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2014, 07:03:25 PM »

I found this forum through a link on the church website. 

Thy Bridal Chamber, I see adorned, O my Savior, and have no wedding garment that I may enter.  Enlighten the vesture of my soul, O Giver of Light, and save me.
eddybear

Faith: Anglican, officially anyway
Jurisdiction: Diocese of Exeter, UK

« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2014, 07:34:31 PM »

Google search for an Orthodox Christian forum.
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: