Poll

Or were you born into an Orthodox family?

I'm a convert from a non-Christian sect
73 (60.3%)
I'm a convert from a non-Christian sect
8 (6.6%)
I was born into an Orthodox family
40 (33.1%)

Total Members Voted: 121

Author Topic: How did you learn about our site?  (Read 9915 times)

Offline mike

• Stratopedarches
Re: How did you learn about our site?
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2010, 07:36:13 AM »
I posted questions on the Orthodox Christian faith before coming to church, and someone told me to take my questions to an Orthodox forum, and suggested this. 

You owe mi a beer.
Hyperdox Herman, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - fb, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - tt

not everything I typed before [insert current date] may reflect my current views on the subject

Offline Tikhon.of.Colorado

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2010, 05:31:59 PM »
I posted questions on the Orthodox Christian faith before coming to church, and someone told me to take my questions to an Orthodox forum, and suggested this. 

You owe mi a beer.

Offline mike

• Stratopedarches
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2010, 05:34:17 PM »
:)
Hyperdox Herman, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - fb, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - tt

not everything I typed before [insert current date] may reflect my current views on the subject

Offline Noddy999

« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2010, 06:44:40 PM »
Posts on the American Orthodox Institute website by ialmisry.

That chap is everywhere.

Offline ytterbiumanalyst

• Professor Emeritus, CSA
  • Merarches
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2010, 01:19:36 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Noddy999!
"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens

Offline Justin Kissel

• Protospatharios
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2010, 01:31:58 PM »

Offline Nigula Qian Zishi

• Administrator Emeritus, Retired Deacon, Inactive Poster, Active Orthodox Christian, Father, and Husband
  • OC.net guru
  • 我美丽的妻子和我。
    • Orthodox Ecclesiology and The World
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Denver
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2010, 10:03:19 PM »
Friends,

We are constantly trying to make OC.net the best Orthodox board on the internet (well next to our friend Nicholas's board of course!) With that in mind, I would like to poll you how you all found out about our site. That way, I can think of creative ways to get the word out.

Thanks!

anastasios

And now that forum, http://EuphrosynosCafe.com is Fr. Anastasios' forum. Funny how 7 years can change everything. Back at the beginning, Fr. Anastasios, Bobby, Mor Ephrem, and I were the 3 admins, and now we are all gone from this site as day-to-day folks, and a whole new crew runs the place. I would have never guessed how we all (and not just jurisdictionally!) would have changed since this site started.
在基督
尼古拉
前执事
的博客

Offline Tikhon.of.Colorado

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2010, 05:21:54 PM »
Friends,

We are constantly trying to make OC.net the best Orthodox board on the internet (well next to our friend Nicholas's board of course!) With that in mind, I would like to poll you how you all found out about our site. That way, I can think of creative ways to get the word out.

Thanks!

anastasios

And now that forum, http://EuphrosynosCafe.com is Fr. Anastasios' forum. Funny how 7 years can change everything. Back at the beginning, Fr. Anastasios, Bobby, Mor Ephrem, and I were the 3 admins, and now we are all gone from this site as day-to-day folks, and a whole new crew runs the place. I would have never guessed how we all (and not just jurisdictionally!) would have changed since this site started.

so, If I have my account on this site, does my info (pass word, usr name, etc.) work on Euphrosynos cafe, or do I have to register there?

Offline Salpy

• Section Moderator
  • Toumarches
  • Holy Martyrs of the Armenian Genocide pray for us!
« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2010, 05:30:54 PM »
I'm not a member there, but since it is a different forum, I would think you would have to register as a new poster there.

Offline Nigula Qian Zishi

• Administrator Emeritus, Retired Deacon, Inactive Poster, Active Orthodox Christian, Father, and Husband
  • OC.net guru
  • 我美丽的妻子和我。
    • Orthodox Ecclesiology and The World
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Denver
« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2010, 06:00:09 PM »
Friends,

Thanks!

anastasios

so, If I have my account on this site, does my info (pass word, usr name, etc.) work on Euphrosynos cafe, or do I have to register there?

You have register anew there.
在基督
尼古拉
前执事
的博客

Offline SDMPNS

• High Elder
  • Praise God for the beauty of Creation
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2010, 07:41:43 PM »
I heard about this forum at the Orthodox forum at Yahoo.com

Offline Opus118

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2014, 12:11:24 AM »
I do not remember, but .... it was after a persistent search for sites other than neo-Nazi role playing forums. I never knew that the Byzantines were Aryans before this. I remember finding Romanity first, which I still think is a great site despite a few justified criticisms. I also found CAF a few months before OCnet. I found OCnet way too belligerent where multiple people picked on a single person whether justified or not (at least that was my impression). If someone wants to correct me, that is fine.

Offline Justin Kissel

• Protospatharios
« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2014, 12:29:57 AM »
I do not remember, but .... it was after a persistent search for sites other than neo-Nazi role playing forums.

I think we have all experienced the claustrophobic feeling that happens when you limit yourself for too long to forums that discuss that activity in particular. Still, you'll never forget your first love, am I right?

Hey, wait a second...  :P

Offline Justin Kissel

• Protospatharios
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2014, 12:34:06 AM »
To add--I mentioned maybe a week ago about how, in some of the older threads on oc.net, that (due to a technical issue during a crash or something) a poll would get attached to a thread it didn't belong to. This apparently is one of those threads.

Offline Minnesotan

• Archon
  • From the Land of 10,000 Lakes
« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2014, 12:35:17 AM »
"Is there any reason that in the poll there are 2 entries for:  "I'm a convert from a non-Christian sect"   ?"

Not to mention there isn't an entry for converts from Christian sects, or people who are still in the process of converting, or people who aren't planning to convert and are just here to discuss and/or debate.
I'm not going to be posting as much on OC.Net as before. I might stop in once in a while though. But I've come to realize that real life is more important.

Offline Opus118

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2014, 01:22:18 AM »
To add--I mentioned maybe a week ago about how, in some of the older threads on oc.net, that (due to a technical issue during a crash or something) a poll would get attached to a thread it didn't belong to. This apparently is one of those threads.

Thanks Justin, the poll was perplexing given the knowledgeable OP, but we are all perplexing when it comes down to it.

Offline NanaDeborah

• Elder
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2014, 07:03:25 PM »
I found this forum through a link on the church website. 
Thy Bridal Chamber, I see adorned, O my Savior, and have no wedding garment that I may enter.  Enlighten the vesture of my soul, O Giver of Light, and save me.

Offline eddybear

• High Elder
  • Faith: post-Anglican, pre-Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Heading towards Diocese of Sourozh
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2014, 07:34:31 PM »
Google search for an Orthodox Christian forum.