Author Topic: hello  (Read 1605 times)

Offline Macarius

hello
« on: August 02, 2006, 06:23:45 PM »
i am new here .. this is my first post ... i belong to the Church of Alexandria - the Coptic ORthodox Church .. God bless all of you
We believe that our Lord, God and Saviour Jesus Christ, the Incarnate Logos, is perfect in His Divinity and perfect in His Humanity. He made His Humanity One with His Divinity without Mixture, nor Mingling, nor Confusion. we Anathematize the Doctrines of both Nestorius and Eutyches

Offline Salpy

• Toumarches
  • Holy Martyrs of the Armenian Genocide pray for us!
Re: hello
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 08:19:42 PM »
Welcome to the board!  I think you'll find it to be a fun and interesting place.   :)

Offline Αριστοκλής

• Merarches
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 01:57:59 AM »
Beautiful avatar, Macarius.

What can you tell us about it?
"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides

Offline Macarius

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 10:45:25 AM »
[quote author=Αριστοκλής link=topic=9642.msg130178#msg130178 date=1154584679]
Beautiful avatar, Macarius.

What can you tell us about it?
[/quote]

it is a Coptic Orthodox icon for  The Virgin holding the Cross
from the 18 century , it is in the Coptic museum in Cairo - Egypt , you can see alot of ancient Coptic icons there
http://www.copticmuseum.gov.eg/

We believe that our Lord, God and Saviour Jesus Christ, the Incarnate Logos, is perfect in His Divinity and perfect in His Humanity. He made His Humanity One with His Divinity without Mixture, nor Mingling, nor Confusion. we Anathematize the Doctrines of both Nestorius and Eutyches

Offline Hovhaness

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006, 09:09:04 PM »
I'm also new here. My name is Hovhaness (Õ…Õ¸Õ¾Õ°Õ¡Õ¶Õ¶Õ§Õ½ in Armenian) and I belong to the Armenian Apostolic Church (Cilician See).

Offline EkhristosAnesti

• 'I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."' - Psalm 91:2
  • Archon
  • Pope St Kyrillos VI
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2006, 09:29:10 PM »
Welcome to the both of you. We OO's are a dwindling population on this site (with Mor Ephrem gone), so it's good to see some new members. Looking forward to reading more from the both of you.

+irini nem ehmot
No longer an active member of this forum. Sincerest apologies to anyone who has taken offence to anything posted in youthful ignorance or negligence prior to my leaving this forum - October, 2012.

"Philosophy is the imitation by a man of what is better, according to what is possible" - St Severus

Offline Stavro

• OC.net guru
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2006, 11:43:51 AM »
Welcome Hovhaness.
In that day there will be an altar to the LORD in the heart of Egypt, and a monument to the LORD at its border. (Isaiah 19:19)

" God forbid I should see the face of Judah or listen to his blasphemy" (Gerontius, Archmanidrite of the monastery of St. Melania)

Offline SaintShenouti

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2006, 07:51:05 PM »
Welcome.