OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 18, 2014, 03:50:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elizabeth Grand Duchess of Russia by Hugo Mager  (Read 1386 times) Average Rating: 0
QuoVadis

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ROCOR

« on: August 01, 2006, 08:59:37 PM »

Hi everyone!  Has anyone read the above book, "Elizabeth Grand Duchess of Russia" by Hugo Mager?  I was wondering what were your thoughts, and if it's worth reading.  Last week I read, "Grand Duchess Elizabeth of Russia" by Lubov Millar and found this a very portrayal of St Elizabeth.  Actually, this book was recommended to me by a friend who said it was the best one out there.  So, should I bother with reading the book by Hugo Mager ... or is it more of a worldly portrayal of the Duchess, rather than from a Christian perspective?

Thanks!

"Without sorrows there is no salvation. On the other hand, the Kingdom of God awaits those who have patiently endured. And all the glory of the world is nothing in comparison." - St Seraphim of Sarov
Troldhaugen
Holy Royal Martyr Alexandra - Pray for us!

Jurisdiction: Converting to Russian Orthodoxy

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 09:05:21 PM »

I haven't read it yet QuoVadis but I am very interested in the Grand Duchess. I find her story just a wonderful example of total dedication to Christ and despite horrors we pray we'll never see, her faith never wavered.

"One must have only a little patience-and is it really so difficult? For every day that passes quietly I thank God"
Troldhaugen
Holy Royal Martyr Alexandra - Pray for us!

Jurisdiction: Converting to Russian Orthodoxy

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 09:18:11 PM »

A lovely icon of the Royal Passionbearer.

"One must have only a little patience-and is it really so difficult? For every day that passes quietly I thank God"
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: