OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 22, 2014, 11:55:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Books on Eastern Orthodox Saints  (Read 565 times) Average Rating: 0
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« on: March 30, 2011, 07:51:48 PM »

My fiance has become very interested in the lives of EO saints and has expressed a desire to read more about them.  I know about the Great Lives of the Saints, but was curious if there are any other compilations, maybe geared toward newbies?  Any ideas will be great appreciated.  Thanks a million!

Gabriel

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Taxiarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 08:08:44 PM »

Father Poulos has a series of 4 books on Orthodox Saints through Light and Life Publishing.

They are geared toward junior high school students and above, so they are quite easy to read.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 01:15:28 AM »

Father Poulos has a series of 4 books on Orthodox Saints through Light and Life Publishing.

They are geared toward junior high school students and above, so they are quite easy to read.

Thank you, sister.  I have volume I, and although it reads really well I noticed there are no Irish or Romanian saints listed.  Perhaps Fr., being Greek, wished to speak primarily about Greek saints.  It's his book, so no qualms there, but I'm looking for something like his series but only more comprehensive. 

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: