OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 17, 2014, 06:02:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Considering conversion  (Read 2344 times) Average Rating: 0
CJB

« on: July 02, 2006, 07:19:06 AM »

Hi everybody.

I want to convert to Russian Orthodox Christianity, but there aren't any Churches near me (I live in Sydney, Australia).

The nearest Church is several hours away from me and I doubt I'll be able to go there on a weekly basis.

Any suggestions?
Sloga
High Elder

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Serbian Orthodox Church

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2006, 10:00:57 AM »

Welcome brother,

Sydney Australia!? surely if their isn't a Russian one, there must be other ones lurking around, but I find it strange that there are no Russian Churches in or around Sydney, If I were you I'd double check.

Sloga

Христе Боже, Распети и Свети!

"In the history of the human race there have been three principal falls: that of Adam, that of Judas, and that of the pope." Saint Justin Popovic
Psalti Boy
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Don't need one

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2006, 01:37:41 PM »

Hi everybody.

I want to convert to Russian Orthodox Christianity, but there aren't any Churches near me (I live in Sydney, Australia).

The nearest Church is several hours away from me and I doubt I'll be able to go there on a weekly basis.

Any suggestions?

Check tthe parish directory link on this site:
http://home.it.net.au/~jgrapsas/pages/main.htm

Psalti Boy
High Elder

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2006, 01:39:56 PM »

Hi everybody.

Any suggestions?

http://www.rocor.org.au/

Check tthe parish directory link on this site:
http://home.it.net.au/~jgrapsas/pages/main.htm
http://www.rocor.org.au/

Psalti Boy
High Elder

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2006, 01:43:09 PM »

Hi everybody.

Any suggestions?

http://www.orthodoxy.org.au/eng/
Psalti Boy
High Elder

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2006, 01:43:59 PM »

Hi everybody.

Any suggestions?

http://www.ministryblue.com/church-orthodox.html
CJB

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2006, 07:22:49 PM »

Well it seems the nearest Church is in Strathfield. It's many hours away from me and I don't have access to car  Sad
QuoVadis

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ROCOR

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2006, 08:32:59 PM »

Hi CJB!

Welcome to the forum!  I myself am a convert to the Russian Orthodox Church, and also live in Sydney.  I have sent you a personal message / e-mail for contacts etc.  Feel free to write, if I can be of any help.

Joy in Christ!

"Without sorrows there is no salvation. On the other hand, the Kingdom of God awaits those who have patiently endured. And all the glory of the world is nothing in comparison." - St Seraphim of Sarov
Fr. David
The Poster Formerly Known as "Pedro"
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA, Diocese of the South

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2006, 06:53:08 AM »

Have you sent him an email, QuoVadis?  It's in his profile...

Priest in the Orthodox Church in America - ordained on March 18, 2012

Oh Taste and See (my defunct blog)

From Protestant to Orthodox (my conversion story)
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2006, 09:42:47 AM »

Hi everybody.

Any suggestions?

I live in the Upper Blue Mountains (Blackheath) and I'm only ninety minutes away from the ROCOR Cathedral in Strathfield with the M4.
Before moving to the Mountains, I lived in 14 different places all over Sydney from Clovelly to Kingswood and was never more than 30 minutes from an Orthodox Church.

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
QuoVadis

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ROCOR

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2006, 09:50:09 PM »

Have you sent him an email, QuoVadis?ÂÂ  It's in his profile...

Thanks for that Pedro.  Yes I did, and as it turns out, there's a parish not far from CJB.  One that he'll be able to catch a bus to.

Glory to God :-)

"Without sorrows there is no salvation. On the other hand, the Kingdom of God awaits those who have patiently endured. And all the glory of the world is nothing in comparison." - St Seraphim of Sarov
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: