OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 28, 2014, 01:55:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Ordination of 5 new bishops for Malankara Archdiocese  (Read 1096 times) Average Rating: 0
Thomas Daniel (Reji)
Chevalier
Elder

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Malankara Archdiocese of Syriac Orthodox Church

Proud to say belongs to Syriac Orthodox Church

« on: July 01, 2006, 12:56:58 PM »

The Ordination of 5 new bishops for Malankara Archdiocese

The Ordination of 5 new bishops for Malankara Archdiocese of Syriac Orthodox Church will be celebrated at St. Thomas Jacobite Syrian Church, North Paravoor(http://saintgregorios.org/PARAVUR/Paravur_Church.htm) on St. Thomas day (Monday, 3rd July 2006) at 07:30 hrs. H.B. Baselious Thomas I will be the chief celebrant, assisted by all bishops from Malankara.

They will be ordained as Ramban at St. George Jacobite Syrian Cathedral Church, Karingachira (http://www.st.georgechurch.org/) on Sunday, 2nd July, 2006 at 03:00 P.M by Catholicose H.B Baselious Thomas 1

Bishops —designates are

Fr. James C.S for Highrange Area - Angamali diocese
Fr. George Mathew Nalunnakkal for Niranam diocese
Fr. Ekbi Chacko Pulikottil for New Delhi diocese
Fr. Mathew P George Koodal for Kollam diocese
Fr. Kuriakose George for Thrissur diocese

A brief biographies of Bishop-designates, please visit http://www.socdigest.org/articles/05jun06.html

A special Internet & Print supplement of Viswasa Samrakshan will be released on this Holy occasion.

Let us all, along with the entire church, participate and pray for the Holy ordination as well as for the Bishop-designates, for HIS choicest blessings to be poured on the new Metropolitans, so that they can lead our Church to new heights, inspired by the Holy Spirit.

Oh.. Morth Mariam Yoldath Aloho (Mother Of God)Pray For Us
Salpy
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2006, 03:50:30 PM »

May God grant them many years in the Holy Orthodox Faith!

I have a question:  What does "ramban" mean?  Does it mean "bishop?"  Is it a Syriac word?  I'm just trying to learn more of the vocabulary from the other OO Churches.

Thomas Daniel (Reji)
Chevalier
Elder

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Malankara Archdiocese of Syriac Orthodox Church

Proud to say belongs to Syriac Orthodox Church

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2006, 02:15:39 AM »

It is a Monk-hood. These selected priests are unmarried and were serving in parishes and were not monks. In SOC tradition only a monk can be ordain as bishop.

Monk Priest (Syr. Rabban, literally 'Great Master' since in the past a Rabban was the principal of exegetical schools associated with monasteries): Very Rev. Rabban (Informally, 'Dayroyo', lit. dweller of a monastery, is also used.)

This is my understanding. If I am wrong please correct me

Oh.. Morth Mariam Yoldath Aloho (Mother Of God)Pray For Us
joe77

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2006, 08:17:22 AM »

May God grant them many years  and help them to protect pure Orthodox faith

NULL
Tags: Syriac Orthodox Ordination 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: