OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 24, 2014, 04:29:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Poll
Question: When do you experience blank white pages the most
6-12 am EST, M-F - 0 (0%)
12-2 pm EST, M-F - 0 (0%)
2-8 pm EST, M-F - 2 (13.3%)
8-10 pm EST, M-F - 3 (20%)
After 10 pm EST, M-F - 1 (6.7%)
Weekends - 1 (6.7%)
All the time - 8 (53.3%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Everyone Please Read] White Blank pages  (Read 3613 times) Average Rating: 0
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« on: May 13, 2007, 04:36:04 PM »

I need input from EVERYONE who has this problem.

When do you see it the most?

Is it keeping you from posting?

Do you ever give up trying to read or post because of it?

Thank you for your participation in this survey as we try to fine tune OCnet's operation.

Anastasios

Met. Demetrius's Enthronement

Disclaimer: Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching.

I served as an Orthodox priest from June 2008 to April 2013, before resigning for personal reasons
Fr. David
The Poster Formerly Known as "Pedro"
Archon

Jurisdiction: OCA, Diocese of the South

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 04:38:15 PM »

Haven't had a problem yet...

Priest in the Orthodox Church in America - ordained on March 18, 2012

Oh Taste and See (my defunct blog)

From Protestant to Orthodox (my conversion story)
Nigula Qian Zishi
Administrator Emeritus, Retired Deacon, Inactive Poster, Active Orthodox Christian, Father, and Husband
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

我美丽的妻子和我。

nstanosheck
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 05:13:03 PM »

Today I was getting 20 white pages to 1 load of a page. It happens on the main page, but seems to happen more when viewing PMs or site preferences and editing your own profile.

I get them at all times, but today has been the worst so far for me. Usually I get them about 40% of the time, no matter when I visit.

在基督         My Original Blog
尼古拉         My Facebook Profile
前执事         My Twitter Page
GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

Faith: Mathematician

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 05:19:21 PM »

By 'White Blank Pages' do you mean an actual white page loading or are you refering to a 'Cannot find server' error, the latter is the one I have the most problem with and I know it's something site specific. It took me three attempts just to post this message today and I've lost posts in the past, but that's my fault for forgetting to copy them first.

"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: BZZT

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2007, 05:46:30 PM »

I do usually get at least a few a day, though I'll hold off on voting for a few days because I'm not sure when exactly they happen.  They haven't caused me to reduce the amount of posts I've made-- much to the chagrin of some  Grin I have had to copy stuff to notepade files before, because I got tired of trying after a few attempts, and then came back the next day.

EDIT--I know my sentences are convoluted, but the one in this post was a really doozy, so I rewrote it!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 06:16:39 PM by Asteriktos » Logged
Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2007, 06:11:29 PM »

From 12:00 to 22:00 EST seems to be the worst for me on weekdays.  Sad

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2007, 07:04:56 PM »

By 'White Blank Pages' do you mean an actual white page loading or are you refering to a 'Cannot find server' error, the latter is the one I have the most problem with and I know it's something site specific. It took me three attempts just to post this message today and I've lost posts in the past, but that's my fault for forgetting to copy them first.

Just a white page after finished loading.  No "403" errors (I wonder why that number).

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2007, 07:41:55 PM »

I used to get them all the time.  But they have stopped now.  I havn't had one in 2 days. 

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
serb1389
Global Moderator
Merarches

FrNPantic
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2007, 07:45:47 PM »

I don't know if this is a part of the same problem, but OC.Net takes the longest to load out of any website I try.  Even ESPN is quicker, and they have images and video's out the wazoo.  It might be part of the same problem...

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2007, 08:37:46 PM »

I've had a problem accessing threads (including, ironically, this one) for the last half hour. It's the "page cannot display/not found" type of thing, just an oc.net error or completely blank page.
pensateomnia
Bibliophylax
Archon

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian

metron ariston

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2007, 08:42:31 PM »

I have at least a few a day, including one trying to access this thread! The worst time of day is exactly when one would expect it (6 p.m. to 11 p.m.). They're very annoying, but love endures all things.

P.S. They occur on all sections of the site for me (main forum page, threads, etc.). Also, as my serbian friend mentioned, the site in general has been running very slowly.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 08:44:56 PM by pensateomnia » Logged

But for I am a man not textueel I wol noght telle of textes neuer a deel. (Chaucer, The Manciple's Tale, 1.131)
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Jurisdiction: OCA

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2007, 09:01:35 PM »

I've been getting these blank white pages pretty often the past week or so, and they don't seem to favor a particular time of day.  During one of these white page sessions late Friday night (ca. 2:00 a.m. EST Saturday), I checked and saw that only two users in addition to myself had been logged on within the previous 15 minutes.  Sometimes the issue was so pervasively annoying that I just gave up doing anything on the forum and came back some time later.
Starlight
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of USA (Ecumenical Patriarchate)

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2007, 09:06:24 PM »

It's happening with me now!
Nigula Qian Zishi
Administrator Emeritus, Retired Deacon, Inactive Poster, Active Orthodox Christian, Father, and Husband
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

我美丽的妻子和我。

nstanosheck
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2007, 09:24:08 PM »

I don't know if this is a part of the same problem, but OC.Net takes the longest to load out of any website I try.  Even ESPN is quicker, and they have images and video's out the wazoo.  It might be part of the same problem...

I have to concur, this site has, since the server switch has been the slowest loading site for me of all the sites I visit too, I visit digg.com, which is notoriously slow a lot too.

在基督         My Original Blog
尼古拉         My Facebook Profile
前执事         My Twitter Page
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Merarches

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2007, 09:50:51 PM »

Ya, beginning 7 PM today, and so far, I'm getting white pages.  I'm not voting yet to see who this plays out during the week.

God bless.

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
serb1389
Global Moderator
Merarches

FrNPantic
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2007, 11:44:04 PM »

Mine also started going at 7 p.m. but I am also witholding a vote to see how it goes since my problems only lasted for 10 minutes today.   

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

anastasios0513
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2007, 10:53:11 AM »

bump

Disclaimer: Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching.

I served as an Orthodox priest from June 2008 to April 2013, before resigning for personal reasons
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2007, 11:26:26 AM »

Now I'm not able to see the newer posts on this thread...? I see in the "show unread posts..." link that people are posting here, but when I come here, the last post that it shows is an older one from last night.

UPDATE--I can see the new posts in the topic summary below while composing/editing a post, but after the post is added to the thread, the two newer posts (by Anastasios and Serb1389) disappear again.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 11:28:06 AM by Asteriktos » Logged
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

anastasios0513
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2007, 11:30:21 AM »

Now I'm not able to see the newer posts on this thread...? I see in the "show unread posts..." link that people are posting here, but when I come here, the last post that it shows is an older one from last night.

UPDATE--I can see the new posts in the topic summary below while composing/editing a post, but after the post is added to the thread, the two newer posts (by Anastasios and Serb1389) disappear again.

This is unrelated to the white page error. I'll take it under advisement though.

Trudy

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2007, 09:04:12 AM »

Hi Anastasios,

When do you see it the most?
Since the switch over.  It took me three days to even be able to get on to the site.  Last evening (11:15 pm EST), I managed to get one message posted then gave up.

Is it keeping you from posting?
Yes.  I replied to a message on the embroidery thread but could not get it to upload.  I gave up by 11:30 pm. EST.  Just now at 9:00 am EST, it has taken me 4 tries to get a window open to post.  I hope this goes through.

Do you ever give up trying to read or post because of it?
Yup.

Athanasia (Trudy)

He has shown you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?  Micah 6:8
Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2007, 11:49:25 PM »

Hello Anastasios,

I tried to post a topic under Christian News and it WSODed.  Now one version has my post in it, and one is completely blank.

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
serb1389
Global Moderator
Merarches

FrNPantic
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2007, 08:04:57 AM »

You know what happens for me...

When I tried to post a new topic once it WSOD'ed me.  SO I just clicked on the "back" button and it went to my "new topic post" screen, with my original message.  Then I clicked on the topic link...lets say "free for all" and it went to the general free for all page and my new topic was posted!  Even though I got the WSOD. 

I don't know if this works for everyone, but hey its worth a try. 

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

anastasios0513
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2007, 09:58:15 PM »

The company we are hosted on claims they have moved the site over to a new server and that it should be working.

If you experience any of the errors mentioned below, please let me know immediately.

Anastasios

Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2007, 11:42:17 AM »

"Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later."

I've been getting this error a lot in the last 30 minutes....  Kept me off the site!

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Salpy
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2007, 11:46:36 AM »

Me too this morning.

minasoliman
Section Moderator
Merarches

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2007, 12:05:19 PM »

Me too this morning.

Me three.

Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

anastasios0513
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2007, 12:32:50 PM »

Me three.

Yeah it looks like it was universal. Although, this is the first time in awhile. I'll keep an eye on things.

Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2007, 06:20:24 AM »

My suspicion is that these white screens occur most often when attempting to load a page while another user is logging on/off the site.

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
Tags: White Screen of Death WSOD slow 403 error 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: