Author Topic: Episcopalians elect first female leader  (Read 12290 times)

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
  • May the Lord bless you and keep you always!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
Re: Episcopalians elect first female leader
« Reply #90 on: July 06, 2006, 10:37:57 AM »
I hope that you understand that the remarks of one person are just that in interviews, his/her ideas.  I was not privy to the actual wording of that resolution nor of any of the debate.  But it's always the "wowser" quotes that end up in the papers.  Wierd things and people in debate and distress make more "news"  :-\

Ebor

Oh, and I understand that completely.  But I'm still going to react to the wowser comment in the hopes that it will let folks who think like that know that there are some of us who think they're whacko!
"O Cross of Christ, all-holy, thrice-blessed, and life-giving, instrument of the mystical rites of Zion, the holy Altar for the service of our Great Archpriest, the blessing - the weapon - the strength of priests, our pride, our consolation, the light in our hearts, our mind, and our steps"
Met. Meletios of Nikopolis & Preveza, from his ordination.

Offline Ebor

• Vanyar
  • Taxiarches
Re: Episcopalians elect first female leader
« Reply #91 on: July 06, 2006, 08:20:37 PM »
Oh, and I understand that completely.ÂÂ  But I'm still going to react to the wowser comment in the hopes that it will let folks who think like that know that there are some of us who think they're whacko!

There are plenty of Anglicans who have done the same.

Ebor
"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.