Author Topic: Needed: Serbian Wedding  (Read 1371 times)

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
  • May the Lord bless you and keep you always!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
Needed: Serbian Wedding
« on: June 17, 2006, 07:24:21 AM »
Well, I've got to chant at a Greek + Serbian Wedding on July 22.  I've been asked politely by my future brother-in-law to learn how to chant a few things in Serbian.  PANIC.

If anyone has any of the following, it would be much appreciated:

1. text of the wedding in Serbian, with translation and transliteration (I don't know how to read the Cyrillic alphabet).
2. music for the serbian wedding.
3. audio for the music for the serbian wedding.

Thanks for the help!
"O Cross of Christ, all-holy, thrice-blessed, and life-giving, instrument of the mystical rites of Zion, the holy Altar for the service of our Great Archpriest, the blessing - the weapon - the strength of priests, our pride, our consolation, the light in our hearts, our mind, and our steps"
Met. Meletios of Nikopolis & Preveza, from his ordination.

Offline orthodox_smallengineguy

• St. Marks Workshop....Traditional Orthodox Wood products
Re: Needed: Serbian Wedding
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2006, 11:06:09 AM »
Greetings!
You might consider the Sisters of St Paisius Serbian Orthodox Monastery. They offer recorded materials in Serbian Slavonic and English. Very lovely (infact heavenly). We have a couple of their CD's in our home.
http://www.stpaisiusmonastery.org/monastery_page1.htm

There is solid contact info on their site. Best wishes
-James

Well, I've got to chant at a Greek + Serbian Wedding on July 22.ÂÂ  I've been asked politely by my future brother-in-law to learn how to chant a few things in Serbian.ÂÂ  PANIC.

If anyone has any of the following, it would be much appreciated:

1. text of the wedding in Serbian, with translation and transliteration (I don't know how to read the Cyrillic alphabet).
2. music for the serbian wedding.
3. audio for the music for the serbian wedding.

Thanks for the help!
He who does not observe the fasts is not a Christian, no matter what he considers himself." ...

Offline Sloga

• High Elder
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006, 03:43:57 PM »
if you need any translation from cyrilic to latin just ask me  ;)
Христе Боже, Распети и Свети!

"In the history of the human race there have been three principal falls: that of Adam, that of Judas, and that of the pope." Saint Justin Popovic

Offline Brigidsboy

• Elder
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2006, 03:54:41 PM »
There is a huge amount of information and audio files on Serbian Music at this site:

www.sv-luka.org

You might also try contating the Serbian Priest in the Boston area, Father Aleksandar:

FatherAco@comcast.net

"I don't think I've ever eaten anything Armenian I didn't like.  I even drink my non-Armenian coffee out of a St Nersess Seminary coffee mug because it is better that way." --Mor Ephrem