OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 23, 2014, 02:23:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chat  (Read 760 times) Average Rating: 0
chrisc

« on: June 11, 2006, 12:34:47 PM »

I am fairly new to the site (hence the "Newbie" tag on my profile) and I have a question about the Chat Room. I never seen any users there; is there a time when people are in there and actually chatting?

Just curious.

With love in Christ Jesus,

ChrisC
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 02:34:32 PM »

Good question. I've never gotten it to work since some changes made last year. Hope "someone" (Big Roberto, maybe) can fill us in a bit here.

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 01:23:14 PM »

Actually, I was chatting just the other night, and I think I have held the record for for "Most Frequent Chatter"...

It seems to me that the problem is thatt he forum page is not accurate regarding the numberof peopl it lists are actually in the chatroom. I am uncertain of the reasoning, but more than once I have been chatting, opened a seperate window, and looked at the forum page. Even though I know I am chatting with other people, it shows 0 are chatting.

So, what I have also done is let people know through the Shout Box that I'm in the Chatroom. Sometimes people come in, and sometimes not.

For the record...unless I'm ina private chat wth one of the mods or the other Global Mod, anyone is welcome to chat with me when I'm in there, or you can set up a 'chat appointment' with me through PM

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: