OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 21, 2014, 04:09:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GoTelecom with Bishop Kallistos Ware  (Read 773 times) Average Rating: 0
pensateomnia
Bibliophylax
Archon

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian

metron ariston

« on: June 09, 2006, 04:36:53 PM »

I think this interview is rather on the old side, but when I watched it again the other day after I had referenced it on another thread, I realized how applicable many of the interview's topics were to recent debates on this forum.

After discussing his early personal encounters with Orthodoxy, His Grace talks about the role of the Ecumenical Patriarchate, Orthodoxy in the West, pluralism in the East, "Greekness" and Hellenic heritage in the Church, jurisdictional problems, celibate bishops, female clergy, and interdenominational marriages, etc.

If you haven't watched it before, do so now. If you've seen it, any reactions?

http://realserver.goarch.org/ram/en/kallistos_ware_interview.ram

But for I am a man not textueel I wol noght telle of textes neuer a deel. (Chaucer, The Manciple's Tale, 1.131)
Tags: Metr. Kallistos Ware 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: