OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 22, 2014, 08:27:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Poll
Question: Who do you think is going to win the World Cup
Brazil - 2 (22.2%)
Argentina - 1 (11.1%)
Italia - 1 (11.1%)
Serbia and Montenegro - 1 (11.1%)
Germany - 1 (11.1%)
Netherlands - 0 (0%)
Spain - 0 (0%)
France - 1 (11.1%)
Other (feel free to write in) - 2 (22.2%)
Total Voters: 9

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: World Cup Soccer Outcomes  (Read 1276 times) Average Rating: 0
serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« on: June 08, 2006, 03:20:19 PM »

Since the World Cup is comming on Friday, I thought this would be fun to do.  If the moderators think it needs to be moved feel free to move it!  I wasn't sure where to put it so... Wink

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
SouthSerb99
Archbishop of Shlivo, Patriarch of All Vodkas & Defender Against All Overstepping!
Site Supporter
Archon

Jurisdiction: Serbian Orthodox Church

Now Internet Forum Friendly

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 10:50:09 PM »

My heart said Serbia, but my mind said Brazil.  Sorry. :'(

"Wherever you go, there you are."
 Guy from my office

Orthodox Archbishopric of Ohrid
Hungry? Click Here
serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 12:08:38 AM »

you loser!!!  I've lost all hope in you. 

Stop practicing law, maybe that will make you more of a nationalist  Wink  Tongue

Did anyone see that group we're in???  Don't get me started!

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
authio
Elder

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 12:34:10 AM »

I'm going to say Portugal for now.

Christ is risen!
Cristo ha resucitado!
Христос Воскресе!
Χριστός Ανέστη!
 المسيح قام
John of the North
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Edmonton and the West

Christ is Risen!

tgild
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 12:43:36 AM »

Japan against England in the Final, Japan wins 2-1.

Shinji Ono and Hidetoshi Nakata for Japan, Michael Owen for England.

"Christianity is not a philosophy, not a doctrine, but life." - Elder Sophrony (Sakharov)
Stavro
Warned
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006, 02:30:20 AM »

I have seen the same quality of another great Brazilian side that was head and shoulder above the rest and featured many great talents that seemed invincible in 1982. Being 5 at the time, I still remember Zico, Socrates, Falcao, Eder, Sherezo, Renato, Paulo Isidoro and a team that might have been the best team ever in the World Cup, and they lost to Italy in the second round and bowed down. I feel the same might happen to this great Brazilian side as well, with the difference that this team is also tactically disciplined with the presence of Perreira as a head coach.

England has the best team since I can remember in its history. They have two of the best midfielders in Gerrard and Lampard (beckham is known for his glamour more than real talent), and Own plays in the front and is lethal and if Rooney comes back in the right time, they are very tough to defend against. Their defense with Ferdinand, Campbell and Neville is simply great.

Italy is Italy. They always manage to scrap to the final rounds regardless of the team situation, but the pending invistigations on the corruption of the Juve victories that implicates the coach and some AC Milan players as well might take a toll on the Azzuri. If not, they are my choice to win the whole thing.

Germany looks weak. France has the talent in Terri Henry who is the best striker in the World in my opinion and Ziziou in the midfield, but they have lost the old flair. Argentina are a very good team and they enjoy a certain obscurity that takes a lot of pressure of them.

I believe Japan and Tunisia might be the black horses of the tournament.   

In that day there will be an altar to the LORD in the heart of Egypt, and a monument to the LORD at its border. (Isaiah 19:19)

" God forbid I should see the face of Judah or listen to his blasphemy" (Gerontius, Archmanidrite of the monastery of St. Melania)
ionus

Faith: Romanian Orthodox Christian

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2006, 02:57:59 AM »

I don't know who will make it, but I hope there are some very exciting games.  There are so many good teams out there, it's hard to decide who to like best......especially when your home team didn't make it Embarrassed .....

In the end I'm rooting for the team with one of my favorite players:  Lionel Messi...so Argentina is my pick
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: