OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 26, 2014, 05:29:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Divinity of HIM Haile Selassie  (Read 24380 times) Average Rating: 0
Amdetsion
Worship God with all thy strength and all thy might
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Patriarchate; Addis Abebe Ethiopia

HH Abuna Pawlos - Patriarch of Ethiopia

« Reply #90 on: August 31, 2006, 12:16:20 PM »

You have selected to walk the path to conversion to the true faith by coming to us Orthodox Christians in our community through the power of the Holy Spirit (of course you think you are doing all this on your own). We did not seek you out.

Your path to conversion started long before you found this site.

You are closer to being converted now then you were before you started with us. This is the good news.

You will still continue in your conversion. Thats the really good news.

It is nothing you or anyone in this community can do about it. All the back and forth with the postings on this matter is exactly how conversion takes place.

We do not need to take part in all the stuff you listed. Your conversion is in the hands of God through the Holy Spirit.

What have you missed?

You think conversion is the product of the effort of sinful men like us Orthodox Christians? Not so!

We depend on the power of the Holy Spirit. We are only a guide; we can not convince you.

The Holy Spirit is what is taking you away from what you are now.

I know you do not believe that but......

Remember this reading:

The Acts of the Apostles Chp. 8: 26 - 39

008:026 And the angel of the Lord spake unto Philip, saying, Arise, and go toward the south unto the way that goeth down from Jerusalem unto Gaza, which is desert.

008:027 And he arose and went: and, behold, a man of Ethiopia, an eunuch of great authority under Candace queen of the Ethiopians, who had the charge of all her treasure, and had come to Jerusalem for to worship, 
008:028 Was returning, and sitting in his chariot read Esaias the prophet.

008:029 Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot. 
008:030 And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest? 
008:031 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

008:032 The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth: 
008:033 In his humiliation his judgment was taken away: and who shall declare his generation? for his life is taken from the earth. 

008:034 And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man? 
008:035 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

008:036 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

008:037 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.  

008:038 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

008:039 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So you see that St. Philip WAS NOT the force that brought about this most auspicious conversion; it was the Holy Spirit. Philip only guided. The Eunuch could not resist the power of God and was thus consumed.

He asked many questions although he was already a very religious man. This Ethiopian even had doubt considering he was a man who worshipped the true God of Israel ( A faithful Jew).

This story should remind you of somebody you know.

The Ethiopian (eventually) believed and was Baptised.

So what you think you are and who you think we are is what is blocking you from seeing that you are the classic biblical example of a person who is called to conversion because you can not see the power of the Holy Spirit (neither could the Ethiopian eunuch).

The fact that I have mentioned this only blinds you further to this truth which is good for your part (What you do not know does not hurt). However; if you see this truth of the Holy Spirit working in you than you are already converted; this is even better for you. Although converted you still may not believe but you have in effect placed your own hands in the teathers.

How do you think the true faith of God was brought to peoples who had religious beliefs that was not just religion but was at the root of their civilisations? The Greeks and Romans are a perfect example. The true faith undid these religions and changed these civilisations forever.

The Holy Spirit has you by the hand; even while you read, do and live with the whole rasta thing you are into; your conversion is at work in you.

I am sorry for any impatience I have shown in earlier posts. I am only a common sinner, I am not the way by which you will get your blessing. But I believe that Christ saves all. I want you to have this hope.

The hope you find in the writtings of rasta elders, the songs of Bob Marley, the remarks of the late Abba Mandefro (formerly Abuna Yisaq), The drumming and activities of rasta culture....all these things are important to you. But you will soon find hope in the Lord.

I am praying for you.

"ETHIOPIA shall soon stretch out her hands unto God".....Psalm 68:vs 31

"Are ye not as children of the ETHIOPIANS unto me, O children of Israel"?....Amos 9: vs 7
John of the North
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Edmonton and the West

Christ is Risen!

tgild
« Reply #91 on: October 09, 2006, 03:05:30 AM »

Blessed love,

To step away from the debate for a moment.

Right now, I am in the seeking stage.  You see this as the Holy Spirit taking me away from my Rastafari heresy.  I see it as a way to ensure the path I am following is the right one.

"We are closer to God when we are asking questions than when we think we have the answers." - Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

I have a Lion of Judah ring on my finger.  I have lived three years this way, where every question was answered.  There has been no fear of death, no negativity, only positive vibes.

I can not prove to you that the Emperor is divine.  Rastafari does not do conversions.  But there remains for those who choose to reject assertions of HIM divinity unanswered questions.  That is all I am saying.

I have chosen a path that has answered those questions for me personally.  However, what this path may satisfy in terms of theology, it lacks the fellowship that I yearn for.

Therefore I seek.  I seek not only Orthodoxy, but other spiritual paths, even other so-called heresies.
"All day I think about it, then at night I say it. Where did I come from, and what am I supposed to be doing? I have no idea. My soul is from elsewhere, I'm sure of that, and I intend to end up there."

I found that contacting my local Orthodox clergy (from any jurisdiction) has by and large proved fruitless.  If they respond, they merely wish to dissaude me from heresy.  Great.  That is their task.

But telling me I am wrong does not solve the inner turmoil within myself. 

One Love
Ras Marques Benjamin

P.S.  Quoting from Scripture is not going to be of great assistance.  Rastafarians read Scripture too, ya know??

"Christianity is not a philosophy, not a doctrine, but life." - Elder Sophrony (Sakharov)
John of the North
Protokentarchos

Christ is Risen!

tgild
« Reply #92 on: October 28, 2006, 11:49:09 PM »

Ok, I know no one will respond to this, and many probably just ignore this thread altogether.

I hereby reject, in the prescence of JAH Almighty and InI Lord and Saviour, Yeshua, the physical divinity of His Imperial Majesty Emperor Haile Selassie the First of Ethiopia.  The Emperor was man, was mortal, and was replaced by the oncoming generation.

HOWEVER

"According to the anointing He has received, according to the Royal Tradition, (1 Samuel 16:12-13) the Spirit of The Most High rests upon [the Emperor] and His Words are in his mouth and speaks by His tongue. (2nd Samuel 23:2-3)  I accept His Imperial Majesty Emperor Haile Selassie I to be the 225th restorer of the Solomonic Dynasty. Therefore according to the Messianic Anointing He has received, His Imperial Majesty represents the Father and His Christ. I therefore hold that The Eternal Word, Manifested in Our Lord Jesus the Christ has been revealed to I through the personality of His Imperial Majesty Emperor Haile Selassie I."

Be Blessed
Ras Marques Benjamin

"Christianity is not a philosophy, not a doctrine, but life." - Elder Sophrony (Sakharov)
serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« Reply #93 on: October 29, 2006, 08:35:01 PM »

SO if you don't mind me asking...why are you stating this? 

Were you not sure before, and now you are? 

What is the purpose of you saying this? 

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
John of the North
Protokentarchos

Christ is Risen!

tgild
« Reply #94 on: October 30, 2006, 02:27:17 AM »

I can't really answer why I said it right now.  I had to say it...this seemed like the best place.  And no one commented on my previous so I had to say something.

As to why...several reasons.  I came to a realization that certain aspects of my theology were incomplete.  I avoid these holes in this statement.

I must also say that in all honesty, the nation of Rastafari has shown signs of sickness in the recent past.  I feel the need to distance myself from certain undesirable elements...certain "Rastas" that do not follow the teachings of the Emperor.

See this is the critical part for me.  The Teachings of the Emperor.  Whether or not He is divine, does not affect the fact that is teachings are divinely inspired (in my view).

I rejected the physical divinity of the Emperor, because if He was physically divine, and indeed was the Return of Christ in Revelation, it does not seem logical for Him to give the Davidic Throne over to His son.

Therefore, I accept that the Emperor was *representative* of Christ, that in many ways the Emperor led a life that closely adhered to the standard of Christ that EVERYONE should strive for.

He bowed down to the Church, and the Church bowed down to Him.

Therefore I bow to the authority of the Church, and I bow to the authority of HIM Haile Selassie, HIM Amha Selassie, and to HIH Zera Yacob.

Be Blessed
Ras Marques Benjamin

P.S.  I am more certain now then ever that Christ SHALL come from Ethiopia's Solomonic Dynasty.  HIM Haile Selassie I come to prepare the way.

minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #95 on: November 06, 2006, 02:22:55 AM »

Dear Rastaman,

I'm glad you reject HIM's divinity, but Christ is already alive, and He does not need to be born again through an Ethiopian Solomic line.  Christ will come again in glory, in the way He was when He rose from the dead and even more terrifying than ever.  He will not come through a worldly glory, but a Divine, heavenly glory.  The line of Solomon through Ethiopia is a mere line, and has nothing to do with Christ's second coming.

HIM is a representative of Christ by virtue of being a Christian, not by being Solomon's descendant.  We are all as Orthodox Christians representatives of Christ.  We all "put on Christ" and by the Holy Spirit are made to be descendants of Abraham through Christ's Spirit (you can imply we are thus all spiritually the descendants of Solomon), and are able to call the Father "Abba".  The physical lineage means nothing anymore.  It is all spiritual.

In wisdom, let us attend to the words of St. Paul in his letter to the Galatians (chapter 3):

Therefore know that only those who are of faith are sons of Abraham. And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel to Abraham beforehand, saying,  “In you all the nations shall be blessed.”  So then those who are of faith are blessed with believing Abraham. ... Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written,  “Cursed is  everyone who hangs on a tree”, that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith. ... For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

God bless.

Mina

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
Sloga
High Elder

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Serbian Orthodox Church

« Reply #96 on: November 07, 2006, 10:09:34 PM »

I am in contact with Rastaman, and he has informed me that once again he has returned to his old faith.....that was quite shortlived.

Христе Боже, Распети и Свети!

"In the history of the human race there have been three principal falls: that of Adam, that of Judas, and that of the pope." Saint Justin Popovic
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Toumarches

« Reply #97 on: November 08, 2006, 12:56:14 AM »

I am in contact with Rastaman, and he has informed me that once again he has returned to his old faith.....that was quite shortlived.

I think it's best for Rastaman at this time of easy changes to settle down and re-assess his beliefs, rather than continue writing about them online.

God bless you Rastaman.

Mina

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
John of the North
Protokentarchos

Christ is Risen!

tgild
« Reply #98 on: November 14, 2006, 02:56:13 AM »

Be blessed,

I was not going to respond this.  But anyways...

To an outsider to Rastafari, it may seem that I flip-flopped on a critical theological concept. Hence Mina's comment.

However, I did no such thing.  Outsiders will commonly *assume* that Rastafari as a faith is required to deify the personage of HIM Haile Selassie the First, Emperor of Ethiopia.

http://www.jahjahchildrencommunity.com/gadseh.html

Excerpt
The 12 Tribes of Israel is seen as closer to Christianity than other Rastafarian groups. Is there a basic difference in the doctrine?

"Yes there is a basic difference because we see Christ, and that die and rose again, and that die for our sin, we see that person. So that is, you know, a different teaching, because is not many see this teaching, that Christ is the person."

I want to remind you that we're speaking with the Prophet Gad who is the leader, the head, the founder of the 12 Tribes of Israel
. We want to move on now to the doctrine. Recently we've had much debate on this program "Running African" and other programs about the Divinity of His Majesty the Emperor Haile Selassie as it relates the return of Jesus Christ. What are your thoughts on the matter?

"Well, Christ is to return and sit on the Throne of David, so I strongly believe that, you know, Christ is going to come and sit on the Throne of David."

I want you to.. You said something very important here and something that may disturb the Rastafarian Movement in Jamaica. Christ, You're talking about the return of Christ.

"Yes I am talking about the return of Christ who is going to sit on the throne of David."

Are you making a differentiation between Jesus Christ and Haile Selassie.

"Yes I am making a differentiation. Because Christ the same yesterday, today and forever. And even after His Majesty say, Him saved not by the man character but by the blood of Jesus Christ."
End of Excerpt

And if Iyah want to chek it...google "Rastafarians for Yesus Christos".  There is well established doctrine specifically against the divinity of the Emperor.  By rejecting His divinity...it was in no way a "conversion" no matter what people wish to think.

Rejecting His divinity was in no way an easy change.  It was something I did out of desperation, because I see a great sickness creeping into the Rastafari movement.  It was a tortuous journey lasting well over two years, that involved reading the Bible, listening to Bob Marley, and reading the Words of the Emperor.

For the rest of my comments, most of what I want to say, was already said and not replied to, in replies #89and #91. There are pervasive inaccuracies portrayed on this forum about how Rastafarians think and act.

No one here thinks like a Rastafarian (except me).  I think overall, my presence here has helped me learn, but in the end, Peter Tosh was right.

Nuff said.

Ras Marques Benjamin

minasoliman
Toumarches

« Reply #99 on: November 15, 2006, 11:02:59 AM »

Dear Rastaman,

I seem to be confused what you're talking about here.  You seem to just throw at us a bunch of feelings and thoughts about your issues and about the "diversity" of Rasta beliefs.

So you're saying that you can deny or uphold HIM's divinity and still remain Rasta?

In the Orthodox Church, we have a consistent system that if anyone upholds a heretical thought, then they are to be excommunicated and not "Orthodox."  So those who denied the divinity of Christ were excommunicated, and thus were considered "converts" since they converted into heresy.

A belief to disregard HIM's divinity and still be part of the Rasta movement shows the weakness and inconsistency of Rastafarianism.  To think like a Rasta means to hope that at one point, an Ethiopian emperor who is a descendant of Solomon would come to sit on that throne as Christ Himself.  But as I told you before, and you haven't answer my post, that that belief still contradicts Orthodox Christian belief.

I believe your problem is that you're not thinking like HIM, who called for your conversion into the Ethiopian Orthodox Church.  You're only being influenced by liers and deceivers around you.

Truth be told, my friend, your desperation is an issue because you only appeal to personal feeling and not to common sense and Biblical refutations.  It is quite a shame that you can close your mind to us simply because you take refuge in thinking that we don't know how Rastafarians think.  Such a thought produces no hope.

I bid you well on your journey.

God bless.

Mina
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 11:06:47 AM by minasoliman » Logged

Jah Elect

« Reply #100 on: April 02, 2007, 03:20:25 AM »

Obviously I am late to this convo, but never the less I will offer my two cents.

A Brethren early in the conversation was saying that His Imperial Majesty can't be Jah cause you can't worship a man in Orthodoxy. Yet the Council of Nicea clearly stated that Christ's (a man) nature was the same as that of the Father. Only Rome and the Arians accepted the doctrine that seperated his nature from the Fathers. We can all see the Roman Church is by no means Orthodox. So the fact that we see the Almighty in a man is no different than Christianity. Or are you denying Yahshua's divinity?

Also, someone said that he did not fulfill any of the prophesy's of the second coming...I would take staunch opposition to that statement...

1) People usually come at me with the reasoning of "oh well, if H.I.M. is the Christ, then everything would be perfect and there would be no war and such"...i say how is this true?
Read Revelations. The Lion of Judah open the seven seals. That set the chain of events that lead Armageddon in motion. It is not the end of the prophecy, it is the beginning.

2) Revelation 5:1-5 tells us the Messiah will be know as the Lion of the Tribe of Judah and the Root of David. Check.

3) Revelation 5:13 "To Him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be praise and honor and glory and power." So we see two figures here. Yet we know they are the same. So the Almighty must come sit on a throne as is stated in the Old Testament and in Revelation. Check.

Revelation 9:20 tells us not to worship a God that cannot see or hear or walk. I don't know about you but that sounds like a physical being to me. A man... Check.

Revelation 11:19 We see that God has the temple that houses the Ark of the Covenant. Read on St. Mary's Church of Axum. Check.

Revelation 13:18 the 666 prophecy... the Pope's title in Vicarius Filii Dei...add those up in Roman numerals and you get 666, quite remarkably even when you translate to Greek and Hebrew (coincidentally, the three languages used to mock Yahshua at his crucifixtion). As we know kings represent their nation so therefore the Roman nation, or Italy is also implied here.
For more info on the Catholic Church as Mystery Babylon see:
 http://www.fortunecity.com/victorian/statue/86/1260year.htm
We also have the seven heads being seven hills. Rome is built on 7 hills. With 10 horns. The Roman Empire originally broke into ten European nations.
The ten give power and authority to the beast. (Haile Selassie addressed these nations at the League of Nations and all turned a deaf ear and allowed Italy under the leadership of Mussolini, to attack Ethiopia) Thus, making war with the Lamb, but The Lamb overcomes because he is KING OF KINGS, AND LORDS OF LORDS.
The ten fighting against Mystery Babylon is the Protistent Revolution.

Revelation 21:3 Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.

Again we see God must be here as a physical being. Check.

So i see plenty of prophecy fulfilled by His Imperial Majesty. But to each his own. Bless
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #101 on: April 02, 2007, 05:14:33 AM »

Yes, but what does Vassula say?  Cheesy

What is it about Holy Week this year that's bringing all the "interesting" posts?

If you're gonna follow a heresy, at least follow one that:
a) makes sense,
b) is still fashionable, and
c) hasn't been torn to shreds already on this forum several times.

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #102 on: April 02, 2007, 09:02:36 AM »

Revelation 13:18 the 666 prophecy... the Pope's title in Vicarius Filii Dei...add those up in Roman numerals and you get 666, quite remarkably even when you translate to Greek and Hebrew (coincidentally, the three languages used to mock Yahshua at his crucifixtion). As we know kings represent their nation so therefore the Roman nation, or Italy is also implied here.

No Pope has ever held the title Vicarius Filii Dei, or Vicar of the Son of God.

Nice try, but this Seventh Day Adventist claptrap won't hold, even on an Orthodox forum.  Until you can prove that any Bishop of Rome, or indeed, any bishop ever has used this title, you're spreading lies and bearing false witness against your neighbor.

It's one thing to be privately mistaken about something, but it's another beast to spread disproven lies.

Have a nice Holy Week.

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
John of the North
Protokentarchos

Christ is Risen!

tgild
« Reply #103 on: April 02, 2007, 10:04:32 AM »

Can we lock this thread??

It is no longer necessary.

minasoliman
Toumarches

« Reply #104 on: April 02, 2007, 10:07:49 AM »

Dear Postolowka,

I never got a chance to tell you how I'm happy for you.

God bless you and may you have an awesome Pascha.

John of the North
Protokentarchos

Christ is Risen!

tgild
« Reply #105 on: April 02, 2007, 10:12:51 AM »

Thank you.

The Passia service last night (and the two I attended earlier in Lent) made my catechumenate truely blessed. Smiley

Starlight
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of USA (Ecumenical Patriarchate)

« Reply #106 on: April 06, 2007, 12:55:48 AM »

Thank you.

The Passia service last night (and the two I attended earlier in Lent) made my catechumenate truely blessed. Smiley
I am so delighted to read that! Have a wonderful Pascha, my friend.
Amdetsion
High Elder

« Reply #107 on: May 17, 2007, 05:38:04 PM »

Obviously I am late to this convo, but never the less I will offer my two cents.

A Brethren early in the conversation was saying that His Imperial Majesty can't be Jah cause you can't worship a man in Orthodoxy. Yet the Council of Nicea clearly stated that Christ's (a man) nature was the same as that of the Father. Only Rome and the Arians accepted the doctrine that seperated his nature from the Fathers. We can all see the Roman Church is by no means Orthodox. So the fact that we see the Almighty in a man is no different than Christianity. Or are you denying Yahshua's divinity?

Also, someone said that he did not fulfill any of the prophesy's of the second coming...I would take staunch opposition to that statement...

1) People usually come at me with the reasoning of "oh well, if H.I.M. is the Christ, then everything would be perfect and there would be no war and such"...i say how is this true?
Read Revelations. The Lion of Judah open the seven seals. That set the chain of events that lead Armageddon in motion. It is not the end of the prophecy, it is the beginning.

2) Revelation 5:1-5 tells us the Messiah will be know as the Lion of the Tribe of Judah and the Root of David. Check.

3) Revelation 5:13 "To Him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be praise and honor and glory and power." So we see two figures here. Yet we know they are the same. So the Almighty must come sit on a throne as is stated in the Old Testament and in Revelation. Check.

Revelation 9:20 tells us not to worship a God that cannot see or hear or walk. I don't know about you but that sounds like a physical being to me. A man... Check.

Revelation 11:19 We see that God has the temple that houses the Ark of the Covenant. Read on St. Mary's Church of Axum. Check.

For more info on the Catholic Church as Mystery Babylon see:
 http://www.fortunecity.com/victorian/statue/86/1260year.htm
We also have the seven heads being seven hills. Rome is built on 7 hills. With 10 horns. The Roman Empire originally broke into ten European nations.
The ten give power and authority to the beast. (Haile Selassie addressed these nations at the League of Nations and all turned a deaf ear and allowed Italy under the leadership of Mussolini, to attack Ethiopia) Thus, making war with the Lamb, but The Lamb overcomes because he is KING OF KINGS, AND LORDS OF LORDS.
The ten fighting against Mystery Babylon is the Protistent Revolution.

Revelation 21:3 Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.

Again we see God must be here as a physical being. Check.

So i see plenty of prophecy fulfilled by His Imperial Majesty. But to each his own. Bless
Acts
Acts 1:1-14 [Arabic]
The former account I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach, until the day in which He was taken up, after He through the Holy Spirit had given commandments to the apostles whom He had chosen, to whom He also presented Himself alive after His suffering by many infallible proofs, being seen by them during forty days and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God.

And being assembled together with them, He commanded them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the Promise of the Father, "which," He said, "you have heard from Me; for John truly baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now." Therefore, when they had come together, they asked Him, saying, "Lord, will You at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?" And He said to them, "It is not for you to know times or seasons which the Father has put in His own authority. But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth."

Now when He had spoken these things, while they watched, He was taken up, and a cloud received Him out of their sight. And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel, who also said, "Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven."

Jah Elect
The Above reading is the clearest message for you.
Christ is coming back YES indeed; but not throught the womb. (He will not be concieved with the seed of a man anyway).

He was born from the Virgin mary already.

NO MORE BIRTH
NO MORE DEATH
NO MORE RESSURECTION
NO MORE ASCENTION.

The last prophecy is His return FROM the right hand of God coming down in a cloud the same way he went up. He will make a new heaven and a new earth.

HIM was born from the flesh of two common people like you and me. His grand children who are in America are just as common an sinful as you and me NOT children of the Christ which ratas imply.

You are in my prayers.

may God help you and forgive you for your many sins and may he forgive me an abject sinner worthy of death.

Christ has Acended! Haleluyah...Amen

Deacon Amde

"Are ye not as children of the ETHIOPIANS unto me, O children of Israel"?....Amos 9: vs 7
Eleos
Elder

Jurisdiction: Blessed is the Kingdom of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit

« Reply #108 on: May 17, 2007, 06:19:36 PM »

HIM is divine as a partaker of divine nature in the sense St Peter wrote.  He is god through theosis as Athanasios and the fathers taught.  He is the last Orthodox emperor, he is from the line of King David.  His words are the only legitimate civil laws for the world.  He came from the cloud, which is the cloud of witnesses, the orthodox body of Christ.  His precepts will create a new heaven and earth that is one, tewahido, if followed since he has put on Christ.

"The Unity of the Church, as Your Holinesses well know it, is the will of God and ought to be an inspiring example to all men. It should always be a help and not a hindrance to the unity of men of different religions."-Emperor Haile Selassie To the Conference of Oriental Orthodox Churches 1965
Amdetsion
High Elder

« Reply #109 on: May 18, 2007, 05:34:31 PM »

HIM is divine as a partaker of divine nature in the sense St Peter wrote.  He is god through theosis as Athanasios and the fathers taught.  He is the last Orthodox emperor, he is from the line of King David.  His words are the only legitimate civil laws for the world.  He came from the cloud, which is the cloud of witnesses, the orthodox body of Christ.  His precepts will create a new heaven and earth that is one, tewahido, if followed since he has put on Christ.

Very eloquently put. Nice choice of words.

I must say that I have another albeit fresher look at my former emporer (God rest his soul).

I love HIM (God rest his soul) for what he was as a man and a christian even more now.

Thanks for the depth of thought.

You did not mention few important although not oft stated areas of concern about HIM:

He was a sinner.

He needed the salvation of Jesus Christ just like you and me and all others on earth including King David himself and the entire house of Israel, all the prophets and Moses, Noah the second patriarch and Adam the First Patriarch. Every soul on earth needs the salvation of Jesus Christ.

This does not inlcude Jesus of course because He Has Risen indeed and Ascended into the right hand of God having power over all hosts principalities and dominions whos second coming we await. Jesus Christ does need Jesus Christ........HE IS JESUS CHRIST.

Only He who has Ascended to the right hand of God can COME AGAIN as the true Christ in second advent. This second advent is not a new person in the personification of the Christ BUT THE REAL MESSIAH THE SAME EXACT FLESH THAT CAME FROM THE VIRGIN MARY AND SUFFERED ON THE CROSS. THE SAME FLESH THAT THOMAS (THE DOUBTER) PUT HIS FINGER IN HIS SIDE.

This is the nature of the true Holy second advent: Christ Jesus is going to return as himself. NOT A PERSONIFICATION OF HIMSELF.

No emporer can BE Christ it does  not matter who he descended from.

The true Messiah will not need to come through the womb again. He did that already. The true Messiah never died He still lives because He defeated death on the cross. Thus He will retrurn.

And when He does; you, me HIM (God rest his soul) the popes and priest, deacons the whole church is going to be judged.

HIM (God rest his soul) was a wonderful man, a great King, a true Christian of Holy Orthodoxy.

But he is a man like all others.

Pray for HIM (God rest his soul) NOT to him.

Just thought I mention these obvious although often unmentioned points to bare.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 05:35:03 PM by Amdetsion » Logged

Eleos
Elder

Jurisdiction: Blessed is the Kingdom of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit

« Reply #110 on: May 18, 2007, 06:02:30 PM »

Thank you Deacon Amde.  Have a nice weekend.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread.  I am now locking this thread. Those who wish to discuss the unOrthodox teaching of the divinity of HIM are free to do so in another thread.
George
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 01:45:41 AM by ozgeorge » Logged

"The Unity of the Church, as Your Holinesses well know it, is the will of God and ought to be an inspiring example to all men. It should always be a help and not a hindrance to the unity of men of different religions."-Emperor Haile Selassie To the Conference of Oriental Orthodox Churches 1965
Tags: HIM Haile Selassie Rastafarian Rastafarianism heretical cult Rastaman monarchy Emperor liar divinity 
Pages: « 1 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: