OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 01, 2014, 07:08:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I've just got one thing to say...  (Read 2720 times) Average Rating: 0
Nigula Qian Zishi
Administrator Emeritus, Retired Deacon, Inactive Poster, Active Orthodox Christian, Father, and Husband
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

我美丽的妻子和我。

nstanosheck
« on: April 07, 2003, 11:40:48 AM »

在基督         My Original Blog
尼古拉         My Facebook Profile
前执事         My Twitter Page
Nigula Qian Zishi
Administrator Emeritus, Retired Deacon, Inactive Poster, Active Orthodox Christian, Father, and Husband
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

我美丽的妻子和我。

nstanosheck
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2003, 11:42:05 AM »

...500th post! 500 here, 200 at ByzCath.org and 600 at http://www.ROCORCafe.com

Maybe its time to take a break from posting so much?  :-";"thumbup

在基督         My Original Blog
尼古拉         My Facebook Profile
前执事         My Twitter Page
David
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of the South)

Retired GM

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2003, 12:02:58 PM »

I wouldn't rest on your laurels just yet Nik.  At a secular forum I sometimes visit, the three top posters have over 25,000 posts each and there are over 250 users with more than 1,000 posts.  Compared to them, you still have a bit of a life.   Grin  Cool

"When looking at faults, use a mirror, not a telescope."
-Yazid Ibrahim
Linus7
Archon

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2003, 12:33:45 PM »

Man! And some people think I post too much!  Roll Eyes

25,000?  Shocked

The first condition of salvation is to keep the norm of the true faith and in no way to deviate from the established doctrine of the Fathers.
- Pope St. Hormisdas
Keble
All-Knowing Grand Wizard of Debunking
Archon

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2003, 09:22:25 PM »

In 20 years of posting I don't think I've come close to 25,000 posts.
TomS
Banned
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

"Look At Me! Look At Me Now! " - Bono

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2003, 12:00:28 PM »

Looks like a DVD game site -- a majority of these guys are probably still living in Mom and Dad's basement watching reruns of Babylon 5 and reminiscing about the time they TOTALLY dominated that D&D tournament!

Lord forgive me.
Linus7
Archon

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2003, 12:22:09 PM »

Looks like a DVD game site -- a majority of these guys are probably still living in Mom and Dad's basement watching reruns of Babylon 5 and reminiscing about the time they TOTALLY dominated that D&D tournament!

Lord forgive me.

Sounds like "the good life" to me.  Wink

But what do I know?

The first condition of salvation is to keep the norm of the true faith and in no way to deviate from the established doctrine of the Fathers.
- Pope St. Hormisdas
David
OC.net guru

Retired GM

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2003, 12:26:02 PM »

It's actually quite a mix.  With over 10,000 members they have a lot of guys like that, but they also have lots of lawyers, doctors, and people from just about any profession imaginable so it's a good place to go to ask questions.  One of the members is a writer for the tv show Judging Amy and routinely puts member names and injokes from the site into the tv show.  I like to collect DVDs(I have around 100, which is nothing, there's a few guys with over 2,000) which is mostly why I visit there to see what is coming out and where to find bargains.  They are a DVD site, but they have music, book, film, war, bargain, sports, etc forums so they attract a lot more people than a specialized forum like most religious and/or hobby boards.  

I'd acutally like to get more off-topic discussion on here.  I think we have an excellent group of members and I would like to hear your opnions on music, books, world events and other things that aren't implicitly Orthodox topics.  If anyone wants to start any of these topics, feel free, but remember to put them in the Other forum.

-Yazid Ibrahim
Monkey

Recovering Protestant

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2003, 02:13:10 PM »

While we don't have basements in Florida, this doesn't sound too bad.

BTW -- WOOHOO. Post number 50! I had around 1200 on CBBS before the banning. Got a ways to go here.

Linus7
Archon

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2003, 12:11:21 PM »

While we don't have basements in Florida, this doesn't sound too bad.

BTW -- WOOHOO. Post number 50! I had around 1200 on CBBS before the banning. Got a ways to go here.

I agree.

And congratulations on post #50.

It is more difficult to rack up the posts here because there is less disagreement and because folks just seem to post less (also I think far fewer people frequent this site).

- Pope St. Hormisdas
Oblio
Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

The Pointless One !

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2003, 12:29:31 PM »

It is more difficult to rack up the posts here because there is less disagreement and because folks just seem to post less (also I think far fewer people frequent this site).

I don't think that is an accurate statement !

Grin
Linus7
Archon

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2003, 12:38:47 PM »

I don't think that is an accurate statement !

Grin

Really?

Why?

I like this site, but sometimes it moves a little slow.

- Pope St. Hormisdas
David
OC.net guru

Retired GM

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2003, 12:52:35 PM »

Hey, if it moves slow come up with a new topic.  If all five of the five most recent posts aren't from within the last twelve hours I like to come up with one or two new things to discuss.  We "senior" members need to keep the conversation going so that our members who post less often and lurkers can have motivation to enter the fray.

Be Proactive!  Cheesy

-Yazid Ibrahim
Linus7
Archon

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2003, 08:36:14 PM »

I have started a number of new topics. In fact, I started one of the most popular, judging by the number of posts, To the Orthodox Apologists.

It was recently closed, however (I'm not complaining, merely stating a fact).

Don't worry. I will rack my brain to come up with some more new ones!  Grin

- Pope St. Hormisdas
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: