OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 22, 2014, 04:48:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pat's Prophecy for Pacific Coast  (Read 1190 times) Average Rating: 0
aserb
asinner
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Self Ruled Antiochian Archdiocese

« on: May 17, 2006, 10:07:26 PM »

THOUGHT I WOULD ALERT ALL OF YOU (ESPECIALLY IN THE NORTHWEST U.S.) ABOUT THE COMING CATACLYSM FROM YOU KNOW WHO  Shocked

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. -- The Rev. Pat Robertson says God has told him that storms and possibly a tsunami will hit America's coastline this year.

The founder of the Christian Broadcasting Network has told viewers of "The 700 Club" that the revelations came to him during his annual personal prayer retreat in January.

"If I heard the Lord right about 2006, the coasts of America will be lashed by storms," Robertson said May 8.

He added specifics in Wednesday's show.

"There well may be something as bad as a tsunami in the Pacific Northwest," he said.

Robertson has come under intense criticism in recent months for suggesting that U.S. agents should assassinate Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez and that Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's stroke was divine retribution for Israel's pullout from the Gaza Strip.

Save us o' Son of God, who art risen from the dead, as we sing to thee Alleluia!
SeanMc

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 10:27:32 PM »

Well, we are expecting the "Big One" (mag. 9 earthquake) sometime in the next 200 years.  Smiley
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 12:08:47 AM »

Well, we are expecting the "Big One" (mag. 9 earthquake) sometime in the next 200 years.  Smiley
In fact, I think we had another self-proclaimed prophet predict that Portland, Oregon (and, of course, the entire Pacific NW) would be devastated by a megaquake in May of 1993.  It's happened before (last time in 1700) and will eventually happen again (once every 300-600 years), but it sure hasn't happened within the past 13 years.

I felt Seattle's Ash Wednesday quake (7.1) a few years ago.  Does that count?  Roll Eyes  We also had a 3.2 jolt spook us a little bit as we were about to start Saturday Vespers a few months ago.  Oooh, a foreshock!  Roll Eyes

(I guess you can see how little respect I have for Pat Robertson.)
prodromos
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox

Sydney, Australia

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 08:13:10 AM »

There well may be something as bad as a tsunami in the Pacific Northwest

Nice and vague, isn't he. He reminds me of another "prophet"
And there shall in that time be rumours of things going astray, and there will be a great confusion as to where things really are, and nobody will really know where lieth those little things with the sort of raffia work base, that has an attachment they will not be there.

At this time a friend shall lose his friends's hammer and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before ...
aserb
asinner
OC.net guru

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 08:41:37 AM »

I just live in Pennsylvania and the only disaster that Pat predicted for us is in the little town in York County (not near me) that voted down the teaching of intelligent design. Too far inland for a tsunami, but ripe for a tornado.

Why does he every prophesy good things, like a cure for breast cancer will be found in 2006 or the Irag war will end with everyone hugging and kissing and making amends.

Yaa right  Wink

Save us o' Son of God, who art risen from the dead, as we sing to thee Alleluia!
bergschlawiner

Sarisan

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2006, 11:40:20 AM »

Phony "prophets" like Pat Roberts would just be a big joke if it wasn't for the fact that they make big money and get rich!  Only in America!  By the way, what is Pat's denominational  background?
observer
High Elder

Vivre die Raznitsa!

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2006, 11:44:53 AM »

Come on guys - back off!  Poor Pat only heard this during a prayer session.  He doen't want this to happen in the Pacific NW.  The removal of Venezela's dictator, let's leave that to the Illuminati.

Thou shalt not prefer one thing to another (Law of Liberalism)
aserb
asinner
OC.net guru

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2006, 07:46:37 PM »

Bergschwaliner:

You speak the truth my faithful Indian companion  Grin

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: