Author Topic: Help With My Life In General  (Read 1346 times)

Offline FrChris

• The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
  • Site Supporter
  • Taxiarches
  • Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!
Help With My Life In General
« on: May 15, 2006, 10:53:10 PM »
Well, here I am, ready to graduate from Holy Cross this Saturday with an M. Div., and therefore many people are starting to ask me just what my next step will be, and why I haven't embarked onto the steps that they think are 'pretty clear and obvious' for me.

So, I ask for prayers from everyone so that I can

-fully give my heart over to whatever the Lord has in store for me since my future seems somewhat vague right now; as well as

-by some miracle, sell my home that is located in the county with one of the highest bankruptcy rates in the USA, so that I can get going to whatever the next stage of my life is.

Thanks!
"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus

Offline Sloga

• High Elder
Re: Help With My Life In General
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 10:57:43 PM »
May the Lord show you the way to where you are heading.
Христе Боже, Распети и Свети!

"In the history of the human race there have been three principal falls: that of Adam, that of Judas, and that of the pope." Saint Justin Popovic

Offline jlerms

• High Elder
  • O sweet Jesus, cleanse my soul.
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 11:40:15 PM »
Chris,
Congratulations on finishing your degree!!  What a wonderful and scary thing it is to move on to another stage in your life.  Prayers for you to discern God's will for you and the selling of your home.

Blessings,   Juliana

Offline Starlight

• Site Supporter
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006, 12:30:23 AM »
Chris,
Congratulations on your graduation! You are a great person of amazing erudition and extraordinary spirituality. I always enjoy reading your postings here. May God help you in everything. Lord, have mercy.

Offline orth_christian2000

• He must increase, I must decrease...
    • A Mind-Blogging Experience
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2006, 02:59:48 AM »
Chris,

The good Lord enlighten your heart, guide your steps, and reveal to you His will for you.  And if it is, by His grace, the "obvious choice", and you proceed to the blessed mystery of the priesthood, remember us when you pray before the holy altar.

"Cause me to know the way in which I should walk, For I lift up my soul to You.  Deliver me, O Lord, for my enemies; In you I take shelter, Teach me to do your will, for You are my God" (Psalm 142*:8-10)  *Translation of the Seventy
Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner

Offline ozgeorge

• I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
  • Hoplitarches
  • My plans for retirement.
    • Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2006, 04:13:48 AM »
It's like the headlights on a car driving down an unlit country road at night, isn't it? God only seems to light the way for the next few yards of the journey- just enough so you don't hit anything!
May His Will be done in you.
If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.

Offline KostaNY

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2006, 01:59:19 PM »
May God bless you in this new journey and set your paths straight. Congrats brethren. You've done good. Peace.