OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 22, 2014, 06:08:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IV All-Diaspora Synodal Council  (Read 992 times) Average Rating: 0
dantxny
OC.net Mineshaft gap
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Russian

« on: May 06, 2006, 12:07:55 PM »

Today, the Synod is gathering in San Francisco for the next week to speak about reconciliation with Moscow.  Let us please keep these delegates in our prayers and that they will be guided by the Holy Spirit to do what is best.

"O all-good Master, watch over Thy flock and all the children of the Russian Church Abroad, that we may bring about the structuring of our Church in a manner well-pleasing to Thee. Grant us the spirit of wisdom and understanding; instill in our hearts the spirit of the fear of God, the spirit of piety and zeal for the glory of Thy holy name. Guard us against all temptations, stumbling-blocks and divisions, that being bound together, one to another, by the bond of love for Thee, our Master, we may without hindrance perform the work of our ministry for the edification of the Holy Church as the one Body of Christ. We pray Thee, O greatly Merciful One: Hearken and have mercy!

"O good Shepherd, Who hast promised to gather Thy scattered sheep into a single flock, put down scandal and division within the Church; all who have strayed from Thy path do Thou lead to repentance and a knowledge of the Truth, and return them to Thy fold; and confirm us all in the Orthodox Faith and the doing of Thy commandments. We pray Thee: Hearken and have mercy!"

"If you give the average Frenchman a choice between a reforming president who would plug the country's huge deficit and a good cheese, he would probably opt for the cheese." - Stephen Clarke
I think the French may be on to something here.
Elisha
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 12:12:24 PM »

(yes, being serious) We can also pray for the ROAC nutcase who showed to protest or whatever yesterday.  I wouldn't be surprised if he is there for the whole council.
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2006, 12:19:34 PM »

I am not a supporter of ROAC but he is a mentally unstable individual who was told not to do this stuff by his ROAC spiritual father but he persists.

Anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Disclaimer: Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodo
Starlight
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of USA (Ecumenical Patriarchate)

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2006, 12:51:27 PM »

Lord, have mercy.
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2006, 01:10:50 PM »

Oh geez! Did "Bro. Nathaniel" *actually* make it out to San Francisco?!?!  Has he done anything more then protest?  He was signing things within the last few months with things like "I will stop the vote" and posting vile and scurrulous things about ROCOR and MP bishops,  really poisonous things.

He was here on OC.net *very* briefly. Otoh, I was surprised it took him that long to find this forum.

Ebor

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2006, 05:05:26 PM »

Come, Holy Spirit!

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2006, 08:50:47 PM »

Lord have mercy!

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2006, 09:27:53 PM »

I wish them the best. The Russians have been through a lot, both inside of Russia and in the diaspora.

Lt. Ray Makonnen: "You know, Captain, every year of my life I grow more and more convinced that the wisest and the best is to fix our attention on the good and the beautiful. If you just take the time to look at it."

Capt. Frank Chapman: "You're some guy, Makonnen."
Elisha
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2006, 02:48:12 AM »

Oh geez! Did "Bro. Nathaniel" *actually* make it out to San Francisco?!?!  Has he done anything more then protest?  He was signing things within the last few months with things like "I will stop the vote" and posting vile and scurrulous things about ROCOR and MP bishops,  really poisonous things.

He was here on OC.net *very* briefly. Otoh, I was surprised it took him that long to find this forum.

Ebor

I think maybe he has...unless the guy was someone impersonating him of course.  We'll see what happens at the opening ceremony tomorrow.
Starlight
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of USA (Ecumenical Patriarchate)

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2006, 03:17:28 AM »

I wouldn't be surprised if he is there for the whole council.
Yes, that what he claims on his terrible site.
http://sbn-nathanael.livejournal.com/
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: