OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 20, 2014, 07:40:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Our Lady of Sitka Akathist- Help?  (Read 1292 times) Average Rating: 0
Tsarina

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

St. Anastasia Royal-Martyr

« on: May 05, 2006, 11:55:51 PM »

Does anyone know where i can find the "Akathist Service to Our Lady of Sitka" with other "Alaskan Liturgical Hymns", to read?

I have the CD of this Akathist Service to Our lady of Sitka, and it's really beautiful! I just want it now in text so i can follow along. This Akathist i have is sung by the Diocese of Alaska Clergy Choir.

Please and Thank you.

"Orthodoxy is life; one cannot talk about it, one must live it."

St. Nectary of Optina
Salpy
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

St. Hripsimeh pray for us!

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 12:38:43 AM »

I have that CD too.  Isn't it beautiful?  I did a google search and this is what I came up with for the text of the akathist.  I think it is the same one as on the CD:

http://www.oca.org/PDF/Music/Akathists/sitkaakathist.pdf

"I don't think I've ever eaten anything Armenian I didn't like.  I even drink my non-Armenian coffee out of a St Nersess Seminary coffee mug because it is better that way." --Mor Ephrem
Timos
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2006, 01:11:54 PM »

If I may ask, where did u get the CD from?

Salpy
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

St. Hripsimeh pray for us!

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2006, 02:54:45 PM »

Click onto this website:

http://dioceseofalaska.org/

Scroll a little ways down until you see a picture of the CD on the right (It is black with a picture of the icon of Our Lady of Sitka.)  Click onto the CD picture and you will get an order form to fill out and send in by old fashioned mail, along with the money for the CD.  

It is a beautiful akathist, which lasts about 45 minutes.  After the akathist, they have other liturgical hymns sung in the native Alaskan languages, like Aleut.  It is really a unique CD.

"I don't think I've ever eaten anything Armenian I didn't like.  I even drink my non-Armenian coffee out of a St Nersess Seminary coffee mug because it is better that way." --Mor Ephrem
Tsarina

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

St. Anastasia Royal-Martyr

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2006, 04:21:52 PM »

I have that CD too.  Isn't it beautiful?  I did a google search and this is what I came up with for the text of the akathist.  I think it is the same one as on the CD:

http://www.oca.org/PDF/Music/Akathists/sitkaakathist.pdf

Yes, the Akathist is really beautiful! I play it all the time now since i got it, even when i'm playing Poker.  Tongue Thank you for the link, this is exactly what i'm looking for. My search is done; thank you sooo much!  Grin

If I may ask, where did u get the CD from?

The reader at my Church gave me a copy. I'm sure you can find it somewhere on the net. It's a beautiful one to have!

Click onto this website:

http://dioceseofalaska.org/

Scroll a little ways down until you see a picture of the CD on the right (It is black with a picture of the icon of Our Lady of Sitka.)  Click onto the CD picture and you will get an order form to fill out and send in by old fashioned mail, along with the money for the CD.  

It is a beautiful akathist, which lasts about 45 minutes.  After the akathist, they have other liturgical hymns sung in the native Alaskan languages, like Aleut.  It is really a unique CD.

That the CD that i have, the exact one. I'm just looking for the text so i can read along with the Akathist. Thanks to Salpy, i already have it. Smiley

Thank you for helping me guys!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 04:26:03 PM by Tsarina » Logged

"Orthodoxy is life; one cannot talk about it, one must live it."

St. Nectary of Optina
Timos
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2006, 11:12:46 PM »

thnx for the CD info Smiley
Tags: music Orthodox Music akathist Our Lady of Sitka Theotokos prayer 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print