Author Topic: Mail Order  (Read 960 times)

Offline montalban

• Now in colour
  • OC.net guru
Mail Order
« on: April 29, 2006, 08:30:11 PM »
Can you find an Orthodox bride by mail order services? Has anyone tried (or know of anyone who's tried)?
Fàilte dhut a Mhoire,
tha thu lan de na gràsan;
Tha an Tighearna maille riut.

Offline TomS

• Archon
  • "Look At Me! Look At Me Now! " - Bono
Re: Mail Order
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 09:20:51 PM »
www.aforeignaffair.com or something related to "Russian brides". Enter Orthodox as the Religion.

BTW: I know about this stuff because I wrote a paper in one of my MBA classes, not because I was looking!  ;D

Offline montalban

• Now in colour
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2006, 09:48:49 PM »
www.aforeignaffair.com or something related to "Russian brides". Enter Orthodox as the Religion.

BTW: I know about this stuff because I wrote a paper in one of my MBA classes, not because I was looking!  ;D
Yes, I too was just interested in it from a sociological point of view  :o
Fàilte dhut a Mhoire,

Offline Gregory1958

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2006, 11:14:55 PM »
I found my Russian wife on an American site, called Kiss.com.  I saw her profile, wrote to her, we corresponded by email for over a year (and talked on the phone about once a week or so) and then I went to meet her.  (She is actually from Crimea, Ukraine, but they are more Russian than Ukrainian.)  We got married over 3 years ago. ÂÂ

It is actually through my wife that I began a serious study of Orthodoxy.  I was a protestant minister when we married and never intended to convert.  But a deacon in St. John the Baptist Russian Orthodox Cathedral in D.C. (I took my wife there while we were doing some immigration business.) "challenged" me to study Orthodoxy when he said, "We are the true church!"  So, in an attempt to prove my protestantism right and his claim wrong, I began to study!  Thank the Lord that my eyes were opened and I became Orthodox!  I often wonder whether I would have ever even considered orthodoxy if I had not emailed that beautiful Russian woman a few years ago!

Offline KostaNY

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2006, 11:19:31 PM »
Yes, I too was just interested in it from a sociological point of view  :o

Are you sure thats your only interest ? ;D

Offline montalban

• Now in colour
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2006, 12:30:09 AM »
Are you sure thats your only interest ? ;D
Oh, yes. And I've now got a few good leads *ahem* for research!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2006, 12:32:07 AM by montalban »
Fàilte dhut a Mhoire,