OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 23, 2014, 09:49:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Apparitions in Medjugorje  (Read 4765 times) Average Rating: 0
Kizzy

« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2006, 12:06:53 AM »

Much of the questions and comments raised here are addressed at http://www.medjugorje.org/medpage.htm.  The FAQ's are interesting.
I've pasted in one of the Q&A's:

"I heard that the apparitions in Medjugorje are the work of satan.

My favorite comeback to this is one I heard many years ago, and it is: "Then satan has converted!". Scripture tells us that you will know by their fruits. And the fruits of Medjugorje are simply incredible. Over 30 million people have visited Medjugorje since the apparitions began in 1981. I have personally witnessed countless dramatic healings of mind, body, and spirit there over the years. I have been in a parish office in Medjugorje where there are volumes of medically documented healings. I have seen countless conversions to a deeper Catholic Faith, conversions to the Catholic Faith, or simply conversions back to God. Take a look at who is involved with Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament at church, who is involved with prayer groups, attends daily Mass, is on fire with their faith. It is many times someone who has been to Medjugorje. This new breath of life is the grace that is extended to everyone who asks. Our Lady has repeatedly said that "This is a time of grace." We must take advantage of it!

The message of Our Lady in Medjugorje is pray every day, fast on bread and water on Wednesdays and Fridays, read the bible every day, go to monthly confession, and attend Holy Mass as often as possible. How could one conclude that Medjugorje is the work of satan?

One can refer to Scripture once again when we look at Matthew 12:24:

"But when the Pharisees heard this, they said, "This man drives out demons only by the power of Beelzebul, the prince of demons." But he knew what they were thinking and said to them, "Every kingdom divided against itself will be laid waste, and no town or house divided against itself will stand. And if Satan drives out Satan, he is divided against himself; how, then, will his kingdom stand?"..."

IMHO,  while we recognize the differences between RC and orthodoxy.. I do not make the leap that RC is satanic.. If Medjugorije has caused people to have a deeper daith in God, pray regularly, attend church, confess, & fast... this is not the work of satan...for Satan would surely crumble if everyone did this...

Satan does everything in his power to keep people from all of these things... I am involved in a church start up now and I will tell you Satan has raised  his thorny head in ways that caused such discord in the church it near fell apart...the evilness was disguised in a seemingly good 'parish real estate deal' that turned out to have so many strings attached to it...
 this is not what is happening in Medj...whether or not the apparitions are real, is almost immaterial...it is the strengthening of beliefs in God and the Virgin Mary  that is important..

Xristos Anesti, Kizzy

In XC, Kizzy
Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2006, 04:01:04 PM »

WWII started in 1938.

This an interesting date.  Isn't the typical date given as the start of the European theatre 1 September 1939?  1938 saw plenty of action with the Sudetenland issue, but it just seems odd to pin that as the start of WWII.  
GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

Faith: Mathematician

« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2006, 05:13:42 PM »

[quote author=Νεκτάριος link=topic=8913.msg119067#msg119067 date=1146772864]
This an interesting date.  Isn't the typical date given as the start of the European theatre 1 September 1939?  1938 saw plenty of action with the Sudetenland issue, but it just seems odd to pin that as the start of WWII. ÂÂ
[/quote]

Agreed, I've heard of 1 September 1939 (Invasion of Poland), 3 September 1939 (Declaration of war on Germany by England and France), and even 7 July 1937 (beginning of the Second Sino-Japanese War, effectively the start of WWII in Asia)...but '38 seems like a strange year to use.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 05:13:56 PM by greekischristian » Logged

"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry
Tags: Theotokos Medjugorje apparitions 
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: