OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 23, 2014, 12:26:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christ Has Risen  (Read 1041 times) Average Rating: 0
eternity

« on: April 28, 2006, 11:46:38 PM »

The prayer by St John Chrysostom read at the end of the resurrection service is just so beautiful. St John Chrysostom has in a few of his instructions on prayer given so much hope to us all. I remember reading a piece he wrote (I think it was either him or St John Karpathos) wheere he says: The moment we say the Jesus prayer, God secretly replies "Your sins are forgiven you" and he sees the person saying the Jesus prayer in the same light as he sees the Baptist and the Great Holy Fathers. The moment we say "Lord Jesus Christ Son of God Have Mercy on me a sinner" we transcend into the other world and are equal to all lovers of Christ.

I particularly take heart out of the fact that it is not quality of prayer but quantity of prayer that is more important for us. For God gives quality, all man can bring to the experience is the ongoing attempt to pray. (Way of a pilgrim).

SolEX01
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 07:55:55 PM »

Amen!
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: