Author Topic: Gnostic Christian Mystery School Secret Truth #1.  (Read 1875 times)

Offline ialmisry

• There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
  • Hypatos
Re: Gnostic Christian Mystery School Secret Truth #1.
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2014, 11:42:38 AM »
yeshuaisiam

How does that list compare to Christianity creating the Dark Ages and the Inquisition?

Who did more harm to others?

Regards
DL

Regards
IA
Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth

Offline NicholasMyra

• Avowed denominationalist
  • Taxiarches
  • Nepsis or Sepsis™
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian+Greek
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2014, 11:56:14 AM »
Quote from: Orthonorm
if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.

Πάντα μὲν καθαρὰ τοῖς καθαροῖς
Τοῖς δὲ μεμιασμένοις καὶ ἀπίστοις οὐδὲν καθαρόν

Offline yeshuaisiam

• Protokentarchos
  • A pulling horse cannot kick.
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2014, 12:03:17 PM »
yeshuaisiam

How does that list compare to Christianity creating the Dark Ages and the Inquisition?

Regards
DL

Jesus taught us to love our enemies.
The serpent taught us the freedom to rebel and kill our enemies.

Jesus taught us to love those who persecute us.
The serpent taught us the freedom to attack back those who persecute us.

The dark ages and inquisition was from the church of Rome, which I believe as the church of the anti-Christ.   As a matter of fact, I'd consider them more gnostic than you can believe.   The Pope himself says that his is the "vicar of Christ" or "In place of Christ".  Through history he has done many things that he wanted.  He's killed, invaded countries, started wars, and murdered and tortured other Christians.

When Jesus taught us to love one another and to love our enemies, I think he mean that we actually should not kill them.

The RC church not the fruit of the vine, it is the fruit of powerful men doing what they want, with a reflection back to the vine itself.   They rebelled against many things that Jesus Christ taught.

Many of the inquisition things (do not forget) were AGAINST Christians.  I have a book called "Martyr's Mirror" that is the thickest book in my home.  Story after story exists of the brutal torture of Christ proclaiming Christians.   Yes, even Eastern Orthodox saints are in this book as the apostles.   It gets to the part of the inquisition and the RC church turns its fury to Christians themselves!

There is story after story of CHRISTIANS being burned, skewered, tortured, racked, imprisoned in harsh conditions, decapitated, drowned, etc., by the Roman Catholic church.

The question exists does this represent Jesus Christ?   My opinion - Absolutely not.

The question exists does this exist the liberation the "serpent" gave to the Pope to become like God and do what he wants for his power?  My opinion - Absolutely.

If I am truly free and at liberty to do whatever I desire, it matters not who I kill, harm, or destroy to accomplish my goals.  It's the truest liberty.  I can take advantage, manipulate, steal, trade with unbalanced scales, undermine, and usurp anything I want to.  I could load myself out with money, power, and if desired lots of women.   It matters not.  

This is why when Satan tempted Jesus in the desert, he basically sang him this song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQJACVmankY

See "Greatest I am", your name is the opposite of mine, and I truly believe you are a gnostic.  The issue at hand is that the freedom outside of the teachings of Jesus Christ will lead to destruction.   While the video above is clearly gnostic (A person finding happiness in worldly desires, riches, and being "as God") the destruction of this lifestyle will lead to their enslavement to that lifestyle.  That reality of life is never good enough.  This will lead to a spirit of discontent and depression.

Ultimately a gnostic will lead to self destruction.  Either in depression or a burning anger that they are not God, and there is nothing they can do about it.

The only resolve to that is the submission to God, and accept him in the flesh through the person of Jesus Christ.

Perhaps the girl in the video above could lead a contented life, with a common REALITY job, marry a moral husband, raise moral children, all reborn through water & the spirit.   They would be content in their simplicity, thankful for what they have, and this will bring the true liberty of a joyous heart.  She could live with a family that loves her, a husband that is dedicated to her and the family life, and most importantly with deep love in their hearts for Jesus Christ.

Otherwise you'll yearn to desire more.   You'll desire to be like God.  You'll desire all the riches and power in this world.   The desire for more and more will never cease.  It's unobtainable.   This applies to all facets of gnosticism.  You can't ever obtain the true liberty of being God, as it will only lead to your own destruction, just as it did for Lucifer.

You can have everything in this world, but if you do not have Jesus Christ, you have nothing.

I learned how to be more frugal and save money at http://www.livingpress.com

Offline homedad76

• High Elder
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2014, 12:28:13 PM »
yeshuaisiam

Regards
DL

Jesus taught us to love our enemies.
The serpent taught us the freedom to rebel and kill our enemies.

Jesus taught us to love those who persecute us.
The serpent taught us the freedom to attack back those who persecute us.

The dark ages and inquisition was from the church of Rome, which I believe as the church of the anti-Christ.   As a matter of fact, I'd consider them more gnostic than you can believe.   The Pope himself says that his is the "vicar of Christ" or "In place of Christ".  Through history he has done many things that he wanted.  He's killed, invaded countries, started wars, and murdered and tortured other Christians.

When Jesus taught us to love one another and to love our enemies, I think he mean that we actually should not kill them.

The RC church not the fruit of the vine, it is the fruit of powerful men doing what they want, with a reflection back to the vine itself.   They rebelled against many things that Jesus Christ taught.

Many of the inquisition things (do not forget) were AGAINST Christians.  I have a book called "Martyr's Mirror" that is the thickest book in my home.  Story after story exists of the brutal torture of Christ proclaiming Christians.   Yes, even Eastern Orthodox saints are in this book as the apostles.   It gets to the part of the inquisition and the RC church turns its fury to Christians themselves!

There is story after story of CHRISTIANS being burned, skewered, tortured, racked, imprisoned in harsh conditions, decapitated, drowned, etc., by the Roman Catholic church.

The question exists does this represent Jesus Christ?   My opinion - Absolutely not.

The question exists does this exist the liberation the "serpent" gave to the Pope to become like God and do what he wants for his power?  My opinion - Absolutely.

If I am truly free and at liberty to do whatever I desire, it matters not who I kill, harm, or destroy to accomplish my goals.  It's the truest liberty.  I can take advantage, manipulate, steal, trade with unbalanced scales, undermine, and usurp anything I want to.  I could load myself out with money, power, and if desired lots of women.   It matters not.  

This is why when Satan tempted Jesus in the desert, he basically sang him this song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQJACVmankY

See "Greatest I am", your name is the opposite of mine, and I truly believe you are a gnostic.  The issue at hand is that the freedom outside of the teachings of Jesus Christ will lead to destruction.   While the video above is clearly gnostic (A person finding happiness in worldly desires, riches, and being "as God") the destruction of this lifestyle will lead to their enslavement to that lifestyle.  That reality of life is never good enough.  This will lead to a spirit of discontent and depression.

Ultimately a gnostic will lead to self destruction.  Either in depression or a burning anger that they are not God, and there is nothing they can do about it.

The only resolve to that is the submission to God, and accept him in the flesh through the person of Jesus Christ.

Perhaps the girl in the video above could lead a contented life, with a common REALITY job, marry a moral husband, raise moral children, all reborn through water & the spirit.   They would be content in their simplicity, thankful for what they have, and this will bring the true liberty of a joyous heart.  She could live with a family that loves her, a husband that is dedicated to her and the family life, and most importantly with deep love in their hearts for Jesus Christ.

Otherwise you'll yearn to desire more.   You'll desire to be like God.  You'll desire all the riches and power in this world.   The desire for more and more will never cease.  It's unobtainable.   This applies to all facets of gnosticism.  You can't ever obtain the true liberty of being God, as it will only lead to your own destruction, just as it did for Lucifer.

You can have everything in this world, but if you do not have Jesus Christ, you have nothing.

+1000
"However hard I try, I find it impossible to construct anything greater than these three words, 'Love one another' —only to the end, and without exceptions: then all is justified and life is illumined, whereas otherwise it is an abomination and a burden."

—Mother Maria of Paris

Offline TheTrisagion

• The cat is back and its better than ever!
  • Toumarches
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2014, 12:34:17 PM »
That's an anticlimactic secret truth. I hope the other ones are more exciting.

Are you not a literalist?

As to my next.
What is your area of interest? I will see what I have.

Regards
DL
No. As we have told you numerous times in your silly threads, Orthodoxy does not hold to a literalist view of Scripture.  Go haunt protestant forums to argue about that.
Guys! They're not intercoursing. It's just an unfortunate angle.

Offline homedad76

• High Elder
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2014, 12:53:07 PM »
What is your area of interest? I will see what I have.

I wasn't aware this was GreatestIAm.net.  I would suggest looking at the purpose of this forum.  Nobody is here to be taught by egotistical neopagans but to share and learn about the Orthodox faith.  We teach you and each other.  If you have actual questions then by all means ask away, but if you are just here to lecture us about topics that have almost nothing to do with our ACTUAL faith kindly sell your swill elsewhere.
"However hard I try, I find it impossible to construct anything greater than these three words, 'Love one another' —only to the end, and without exceptions: then all is justified and life is illumined, whereas otherwise it is an abomination and a burden."

—Mother Maria of Paris

Offline Ansgar

• Archon
  • Keep your mind in hell and do not despair
« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2014, 12:58:08 PM »
he dark ages and inquisition was from the church of Rome, which I believe as the church of the anti-Christ.   As a matter of fact, I'd consider them more gnostic than you can believe.   The Pope himself says that his is the "vicar of Christ" or "In place of Christ".

Yesh, I respect your desire to defend Christianity, but we have a problem when we start applying words to something that has nothing to do with them. Gnosticism is an umbrella term that covers many various religious movements. The roman catholic teachings about the papacy may be wrong, but they are not, per definition, gnostic and shouldn't be referred to as such.  
Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite

Offline yeshuaisiam

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2014, 12:24:18 PM »
he dark ages and inquisition was from the church of Rome, which I believe as the church of the anti-Christ.   As a matter of fact, I'd consider them more gnostic than you can believe.   The Pope himself says that his is the "vicar of Christ" or "In place of Christ".

Yesh, I respect your desire to defend Christianity, but we have a problem when we start applying words to something that has nothing to do with them. Gnosticism is an umbrella term that covers many various religious movements. The roman catholic teachings about the papacy may be wrong, but they are not, per definition, gnostic and shouldn't be referred to as such.  

Gnosticism is about enlightenment and to become "like God".  The pope refers to himself as the Vicar of Christ.  They say he is infallible.   They say he is in place of God.   

His authority through history has been "god like" as he has fully usurped countries, taken over kingdoms, held wars, and commanded kings.   Those in the RC church believe him to be as God here on the Earth.

This is the ultimate goal & desire of the Gnostics, and the head of the RC church (pope) is exactly in this place by examples in works, proclamation of the RC "flock", and through history - by self made ontological statements.

Is it not the EO who allowed Christ to lead the church itself by vote of even bishops?
The RC church is lead by their "vicar of Christ", who is a man who is in the seat "In place of God".   

Ultimately, this is the truest form of gnosticism - OR - just about as far as the gnostic lie can take a human into a god like position.

It's not the theology itself about Christ that makes the Pope as a gnostic, it is the examples and history that his seat portrays that makes him "god like".   

Offline kelly

• UNSUBSCRIBED
  • Archon
  • St. Olga Nikolaevna
  • Jurisdiction: Alpaca ministries
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2014, 12:33:59 PM »
Countdown until Illuminati and Freemasons...
"But we must live in the world, having peace in our soul. We must live amidst strangers; we must suffer, struggle, and firmly believe. We must seek our consolation in prayer and not doubt the love and compassion of God. He is above everyone and everything."

This user posts here but probably shouldn't.

Offline Ansgar

• Archon
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2014, 12:34:31 PM »

Gnosticism is about enlightenment and to become "like God".  The pope refers to himself as the Vicar of Christ.  They say he is infallible.   They say he is in place of God.  

His authority through history has been "god like" as he has fully usurped countries, taken over kingdoms, held wars, and commanded kings.   Those in the RC church believe him to be as God here on the Earth.

This is the ultimate goal & desire of the Gnostics, and the head of the RC church (pope) is exactly in this place by examples in works, proclamation of the RC "flock", and through history - by self made ontological statements.

Is it not the EO who allowed Christ to lead the church itself by vote of even bishops?
The RC church is lead by their "vicar of Christ", who is a man who is in the seat "In place of God".  

Ultimately, this is the truest form of gnosticism - OR - just about as far as the gnostic lie can take a human into a god like position.

It's not the theology itself about Christ that makes the Pope as a gnostic, it is the examples and history that his seat portrays that makes him "god like".  

No, it is not. The titles and authorities which the roman popes have held and acted upon throughout history don't even come close to the gnostic understanding of the term.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 12:34:45 PM by Ansgar »
Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite

Offline primuspilus

• Taxiarches
  • Inserting personal quote here.
    • Holy Trinity Orthodox Church
  • Faith: Western Rite Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: AOCNA - Diocese of Charleston and beyond
« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2014, 01:21:06 PM »
Im still trying to figure out why these threads are allowed to continue. Ridiculous.

PP
"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker

Offline Paisius

• Ditry Pope-loving ecumenist
  • OC.net guru
  • City of Light
« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2014, 01:34:44 PM »
That's what happens when people break the Gnostic Christian Mystery School Secret Rule #1: You do not talk about Gnostic Christian Mystery School.

When you break that rule, you become what is the majority here.

Literalists and idol worshipers.

Regards
DL

Then why are you here?  I haven't seen a single person change their mind or even hesitate in their thinking because of anything you've said?  You clearly have no interest in learning as you are too full of yourself to think you need to.  And nobody is buying what you are selling so  WHY ARE YOU HERE?

Don't run him off. We need the comic relief. Now we just need someone from Westboro and maybe a rabid sedevacantist and the comic troop will be complete.

Offline Paisius

• OC.net guru
  • City of Light
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2014, 01:39:05 PM »
yeshuaisiam

Regards
DL

We didn't have an inquisition.  ???

Offline homedad76

• High Elder
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2014, 02:37:24 PM »
Don't run him off. We need the comic relief. Now we just need someone from Westboro and maybe a rabid sedevacantist and the comic troop will be complete.

I was just thinking we should invite ManofWord back.  And just drop them in a thread together.  :laugh:

—Mother Maria of Paris

Offline TheTrisagion

• Toumarches
« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2014, 02:38:46 PM »

I was just thinking we should invite ManofWord back.  And just drop them in a thread together.  :laugh:
He was my favorite. Life just isn't the same without him.  :'(

Offline biro

• Excelsior
  • Site Supporter
  • Hoplitarches
  • Chapter one again, here I go again
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2014, 03:34:58 PM »
yeshuaisiam

Regards
DL

Orthodox Tsar Peter the Great did send the Old Believers to Siberia to die. Since the Spanish Inquisition only took about 4,000 lives, Tsar Peter of Holy Russia probably has 'em beat by a long shot.

Offline homedad76

• High Elder
« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2014, 03:44:40 PM »
Orthodox Tsar Peter the Great did send the Old Believers to Siberia to die. Since the Spanish Inquisition only took about 4,000 lives, Tsar Peter of Holy Russia probably has 'em beat by a long shot.

Yes but did the Old Believers expect this to happen?  As you know “No one expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise, fear and surprise; two chief weapons, fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency! Er, among our chief weapons are: fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, and near fanatical devotion to the Pope! Um, I'll come in again...”

—Mother Maria of Paris

Offline Fabio Leite

• Protokentarchos
    • Vida Ortodoxa
« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2014, 04:02:48 PM »

Literalists.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 04:03:25 PM by Fabio Leite »
Many energies, three persons, two natures, one God, one Church, one Baptism.

Offline yeshuaisiam

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2014, 04:34:44 PM »

Gnosticism is about enlightenment and to become "like God".  The pope refers to himself as the Vicar of Christ.  They say he is infallible.   They say he is in place of God.  

His authority through history has been "god like" as he has fully usurped countries, taken over kingdoms, held wars, and commanded kings.   Those in the RC church believe him to be as God here on the Earth.

No, it is not. The titles and authorities which the roman popes have held and acted upon throughout history don't even come close to the gnostic understanding of the term.

Prove it.

They didn't call him the Vicar of Christ in the first 300 years of Christianity... Actually, not for a long while after.

It's not about the titles only either - it is about their actions, how the church views the pope, etc.

Offline Ansgar

• Archon
« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2014, 05:08:34 PM »

Prove it.

They didn't call him the Vicar of Christ in the first 300 years of Christianity... Actually, not for a long while after.

It's not about the titles only either - it is about their actions, how the church views the pope, etc.

Since therefore I have, in the person before mentioned, beheld the whole multitude of you in faith and love, I exhort you to study to do all things with a divine harmony, while your bishop presides in the place of God, and your presbyters in the assembly of the apostles...
The Epistle of ignatius to the Magnesians, chapter 6
www.newadvent.org/father/0105.htm

Since gnosticism is so diverse, I will give you an example from the Gospel of Phillip, which is likely a Valentian text:
It is not possible for anyone to see anything of the things that actually exist, unless he becomes like them... You saw the Spirit, you became the Spirit. You saw Christ, you became Christ. You saw the Father, you shall become Father. So in this place you see everything and do not see yourself, but in that place you do see yourself - and what you see you shall become.
www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gop.html

How is this view compatible with the catholic teachings concerning the pope?

-St Silouan the athonite

Offline Mor Ephrem

• The Fourteenth Apostle and Judge of the Interwebs
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
  • "I pledge allegiance to the flag..."
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to Czech Lands
« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2014, 05:52:35 PM »

Because Constantine. 
"Do not tempt the Mor thy Mod."

Bartholomew, 270th Archbishop of Constantinople-New Rome and Ecumenical Patriarch, is spiritual leader to 300 million Orthodox Christians throughout the world.

Offline Hawkeye

• Διονύσιος ὁ Όμηρίτης
  • High Elder
  • What does everyone look like?
  • Faith: More Neronov than Avvakum
  • Jurisdiction: Old Rite Chapelist
« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2014, 06:25:09 PM »

Because Constantine.  

It's on the History Channel so you know it's true.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 06:29:57 PM by Hawkeye »
Quote from: The Life of Ivan Neronov
[Ecclesiastics] conspired against him because they hated his teaching for its zealous emphasis on proper Christian conduct: with great courage he denounced all whom he saw behaving in an ungodly fashion... [As such] he was deprived of his priestly rank, bound in iron chains, and broken down in jails.

Offline Paisius

• OC.net guru
  • City of Light
« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2014, 07:01:15 PM »
yeshuaisiam

Regards
DL

What in the world does that have to do with me responding to a post about the inquisition? I suppose we could compile a list of every historical wrong ever committed by a Christian so any time someone mentions one of them we can post all of the others just to be fair.  ;)

Offline Paisius

• OC.net guru
  • City of Light
« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2014, 07:03:46 PM »

Literalists.

Every single time I read a post from Greatest I am I'm going to picture that guy. Thanks....... 8)

Offline Hawkeye

• Διονύσιος ὁ Όμηρίτης
  • High Elder
  • What does everyone look like?
  • Faith: More Neronov than Avvakum
  • Jurisdiction: Old Rite Chapelist
« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2014, 07:09:33 PM »
I honestly had not seen that Fabio Leite had used that same image earlier in this thread. Now I feel less original than I had originally.

And it's only the fourth post above mine. :(
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 07:11:07 PM by Hawkeye »
Quote from: The Life of Ivan Neronov
[Ecclesiastics] conspired against him because they hated his teaching for its zealous emphasis on proper Christian conduct: with great courage he denounced all whom he saw behaving in an ungodly fashion... [As such] he was deprived of his priestly rank, bound in iron chains, and broken down in jails.

Offline biro

• Excelsior
  • Site Supporter
  • Hoplitarches
  • Chapter one again, here I go again
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2014, 07:11:21 PM »
yeshuaisiam

Regards
DL

What in the world does that have to do with me responding to a post about the inquisition? I suppose we could compile a list of every historical wrong ever committed by a Christian so any time someone mentions one of them we can post all of the others just to be fair.  ;)

You said, "We didn't have an inquisition."

Uh, if you killed more people than the Inquisition, in what way are you better?

Offline Incognito777

• Elder
« Reply #71 on: September 26, 2014, 10:53:05 PM »
Gnostic Christian Mystery School Secret Truth #1.

All that can and is said of all Gods is speculative by nature as none of it is provable. To state that God exists cannot be a true statement unless one has a God to show. This is irrefutable as it can be shown that all Gods are based on ancient myths and stories. They are always to remain mysterious.

Really? I can think of at least five arguments for the existence of the Christian God.

1. Cosmological Argument (explained by William Lane Craig)
2. Moral Argument (explained by William Lane Craig)
3. Ontological Argument (explained by Alvin Plantinga and William Lane Craig)
4. Teleological Argument
5. The Resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Christianity is an historical religion founded on real historical events.

Offline Incognito777

• Elder
« Reply #72 on: September 26, 2014, 10:53:06 PM »
The author of this this thread should read these books.  They refuse Gnosticism, and argue for the historical truths of Christianity.

Fabricating Jesus, by Evans

Breaking the Da Vinci Code, by Bock

BOOKS REFUTING THE PAGAN PARALLEL THESIS (this thesis was actually refuted in the first half of the 20th century)

Nash, The Gospel and the Greeks.
Holding, Shattering the Christ Myth.
Mettinger, The Riddle of Resurrection.
Komoszewski. Reinventing Jesus.
Strobel, The Case for the Real Jesus, pp.157-187.

THE HISTORICAL JESUS

The Historical Jesus, by Habermas;
Sshattering the Christ Myth, by Holding;
The Historical Reliability of the Gospels, by Blomberg;
The Case for the Resurection of Jesus, by Habermas and Licona;
Assessing the New Testament Evidence for the Historicity of the Resurrection of Jesus, by Craig;
Defending the Resurrection, by Holding;
The Resurrection of the Son of God, by Wright.

Offline Greatest I am

• Elder
« Reply #73 on: September 26, 2014, 10:53:06 PM »
yeshuaisiam

Regards
DL

Regards
IA

IOW, Christianity did the most damage. You just did not like your own answer and decided to just be stupid.

Regards
DL

Offline William T

« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2015, 04:37:09 PM »
I would guess that skepticism is not rooted deeply enough in your approach, leaving you in the position of trusting your own conclusions too much, and dismissing other ideas too easily.

The OP  clearly has a very gnostic  tendency and epistemology.  I think your philosophic epistemology is the better modern way to frame an effective antidote to such inclinations.  Empirical "skepticism" vs rational constructions...which is ironically enough, even more skeptical and critical towards most things a more evidence  based skeptic has.  Which I think as you implied, if taken to its extreme could lead to the most odd and extreme forms of egoism or collectivistic thinking imaginable.

This could boil down to a Hume vs Descartes outlook if we wanted to use a good philosophy analogy.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 04:40:12 PM by William T »
"While other animals look downwards at the ground, he gave human beings an upturned aspect, commanding them to look towards the skies, and, upright, raise their face to the stars. So the earth, that had been, a moment ago, uncarved and imageless, changed and assumed the unknown shapes of human beings."

Ovid, Metamorphosis Book I

Offline homedad76

• High Elder
« Reply #75 on: June 16, 2015, 06:17:39 PM »

Considering this OP was banned several months ago...

—Mother Maria of Paris

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Toumarches
  • Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)
« Reply #76 on: June 16, 2015, 06:27:58 PM »
Just an fyi, the poster who wrote the OP has been banned from this site.
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline William T

« Reply #77 on: June 16, 2015, 06:30:09 PM »
Whoops, sorry.  I'm not Internet savvy
"While other animals look downwards at the ground, he gave human beings an upturned aspect, commanding them to look towards the skies, and, upright, raise their face to the stars. So the earth, that had been, a moment ago, uncarved and imageless, changed and assumed the unknown shapes of human beings."

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Toumarches
« Reply #78 on: June 16, 2015, 06:44:41 PM »
No problem. Just notifying in case you're wondering why the poster isn't replying.
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline TheTrisagion

• Toumarches
« Reply #79 on: June 16, 2015, 08:36:25 PM »

Considering this OP was banned several months ago...
Thread resurrection is a favorite hobby of this forum.  This one has barely started to age as far as forum threads go.

Offline William T

« Reply #80 on: June 16, 2015, 08:53:25 PM »
Well it is a Christian  forum, so I can see why resurrection  is a big thing here.

Please  don't ban me for bad jokes.

Offline Iconodule

• Uranopolitan
  • Taxiarches
  • "My god is greater."
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)
« Reply #81 on: June 16, 2015, 08:57:45 PM »
Personally I feel kind of cheated that we weren't found worthy to receive Gnostic Christian Mystery School Secret Truth #2.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• The Fourteenth Apostle and Judge of the Interwebs
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
  • "I pledge allegiance to the flag..."
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to Czech Lands
« Reply #82 on: June 16, 2015, 09:00:18 PM »
Personally I feel kind of cheated that we weren't found worthy to receive Gnostic Christian Mystery School Secret Truth #2.

Split a piece of wood and Gnostic Christian Mystery School Secret Truth #2 is there.  Lift up a stone, and you will find it there. 
"Do not tempt the Mor thy Mod."

Bartholomew, 270th Archbishop of Constantinople-New Rome and Ecumenical Patriarch, is spiritual leader to 300 million Orthodox Christians throughout the world.

Offline minasoliman

• Toumarches
« Reply #83 on: June 16, 2015, 09:13:33 PM »
Well it is a Christian  forum, so I can see why resurrection  is a big thing here.

You're not the first one to make that joke  ;)

Offline PeterTheAleut

• The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
  • Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #84 on: June 17, 2015, 01:53:03 AM »

Nah. We'll just ban you for old jokes. :police:
Not all who wander are lost.