Author Topic: Concerns over the Validity of Roman Catholicism  (Read 267 times)

Offline Frank J

• Faith: Russian Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: ROCOR
Concerns over the Validity of Roman Catholicism
« on: November 16, 2019, 01:54:24 PM »
Hello my Brothers and Sisters,
I have a question for all of you, I'm being to question if the Roman Catholic Church is even Christian anymore????

Oh! Is it just another pagan cultural worship and has Jesus Christ as just another God in there list of many gods.

What do you think??? Would like your feed back on this because I have families who are Catholic.

Offline WPM

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Reformed Protestant
  • Jurisdiction: Granbury to Abilene
Re: Concerns over the Validity of Roman Catholicism
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2019, 06:59:51 PM »
Some Catholics aren't really Christians. Some are.

Some Orthodox are more like Pharisee. Some aren't.

It's up to you to be a Christian or not.

Offline Eamonomae

• The Dead
  • OC.net guru
  • I am become death, destroyer of worlds.
  • Faith: Lost
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2019, 09:55:44 PM »
Hello my Brothers and Sisters,
I have a question for all of you, I'm being to question if the Roman Catholic Church is even Christian anymore????

Oh! Is it just another pagan cultural worship and has Jesus Christ as just another God in there list of many gods.

What do you think??? Would like your feed back on this because I have families who are Catholic.

...It depends.

Pope Francis did nothing new or shocking. Some Catholics have been allowed and still do things like he did from the 60s, and since the time of Pope John Paul II, it's happened at a Papal level. It's actually disgusting that it hasn't been dealt with, but has been actively encouraged and done by the Popes themselves.

I think really it all depends on just who you are around with and what community you see. Tom Hanks converted to Greek Orthodoxy, and he is known to be one of the biggest advocates of LGBT rights.

Much like in Orthodoxy, I think that there are some communities that are far better than others.

It's more of a spectrum between extremes. In Orthodoxy and in Roman Catholicism, you can get a parish that promotes extreme nationalism and extreme Anti-Semitism. You can also get a parish that promotes religious indifferentism / syncretism and secular-humanist Christianity.

With purple being "ideal"

Neither (blue or red) is Christian in my opinion, but in Roman Catholicism, the latter has been allowed to flourish and has shown its true fruits. The Red is what is sitting in the Papal Throne, and is a much more powerful and influential source of danger not only generally, but in Roman Catholicism compared to Orthodoxy.

Here's a Mass from a parish from 3 Months ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CktBvUtK2ZA

Here's a Mass from a different parish from 2012 - 7 years ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdG_ytxMJ9A

Believe me, there are a ton of Catholics who are scandalized and don't know what to make with Pope Francis acting like this.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 09:59:38 PM by Eamonomae »
"I go to seek a Great Perhaps."

Offline PorphyriosK

• OC.net guru
  • Господи помилуй
  • Faith: Russian Orthodox
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2019, 10:59:28 PM »
Some Catholics aren't really Christians. Some are.

Some Orthodox are more like Pharisee. Some aren't.

It's up to you to be a Christian or not.

You nailed it WPM!
"When you don’t live with Christ, you live in melancholy, in sorrow, in anxiety and in worry. You don’t live properly… The best medicine is to devote yourself to the worship of Christ. Everything is cured. Everything works properly."

~ St. Porphyrios

"The Church is indeed 'Apostolic'.  But the Church is also 'Patristic'.  And only by being 'Patristic' is the Church continuously 'Apostolic'."

~ Fr. Georges Florovsky

Offline Frank J

• Faith: Russian Orthodox Christian
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2019, 01:15:07 PM »
I would like to the people who stated their remarks

Offline wynd

• High Elder
  • Transfiguration
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2019, 03:58:57 PM »
Here's a Mass from a different parish from 2012 - 7 years ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdG_ytxMJ9A

Ironically, these types of new-agey celebrations always use much more incense than an everyday run-of-the-mill Mass.

Online Sethrak

• Archon
  • Faith: Armenian Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Etchmiadzin, Armenia
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2019, 04:39:11 PM »
I didn't watch the whole thing ~ just a bit ~ but this looks more traditional than what can be seen out there ~ the alter is not a table where the priest is facing the congregation and I think there's a tabernacle on the alter ~ and a railing around the berm ```
Իմաստութիւն Հոր Յիսուս՝ տո՝ւր մեզ իաստուփին՝ զբարիս խորհել եւ խոսել եւ գործել առաջի Քո յամենայն ժամ : եւ ի չար խորհրդոց ի բանից եւ ի գործոց   փրկեա  զմեզ՝ ամէն:
Jesus, Wisdom of the Father, give us wisdom, to think, speak and do what is Good before you at all times. And save us from evil thoughts, words and deed, amen.