OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 22, 2014, 07:19:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 1535 times) Average Rating: 0
Marion

Faith: Roman Catholic Searching

« on: April 26, 2006, 03:18:06 PM »

Hello,
   I just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. This is my first post.
My name is Marion and I live in Kansas. I am 54 years old and have been Roman Catholic most of my life. There was a period in my life when I felt lost, denied God then found myself in the strange situation of defending the Roman Catholic Church against false attacks by a protestant minister friend of mine. This eventually led me back into the Church. My wife was a nominal Baptist at the time later converted.
   In response to Pope John Paul II's call for the Church to once again breathe with both lungs I began trying to learn more about the Orthodox Faith. It didn't take long for me to realize two things:
  A: I new next to nothing about Orthodoxy
  B: I new less about my Roman Faith than I ever dreamed (and I teach High Scool PSR and RCIA Church History and Scripture) I've actually had formal courses in those areas
What I am learning is leading me towards the Orthodox Faith but for my own Peace of soul I must be absolutely sure it is God's will I do so.
  I have dialoged by e-mail with 2 Orthodox priests but I realize they are busy especially this past Easter Season. Hence I am here. I have been lurking an reading posts both in Convert Issues and Orthodox-Catholic Discussions area.
   Please be patient with me and pray for me as I seek God's will and try to grow closer to Him in a deeper more intiment way.
                            Peace be with you all.

In the garden
He made it all so simple
He who lives by the sword
Shall die by the sword
And He healed the servants ear
(Apologies to Author)
Starlight
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of USA (Ecumenical Patriarchate)

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 03:43:51 PM »

Welome, Marion! May God help you. I joined this forum in the end of January this year and I really enjoy it. I hope you will like here as well.
Marion

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 03:53:15 PM »

Thanks Starlight. I look forward to a fair balanced clmn discussion of the issues and concerns facing me.

In the garden
He made it all so simple
Shall die by the sword
(Apologies to Author)
Thomas
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2006, 01:26:47 AM »

Christ is Risen! Marion

Welcome to this forum, I look forward to hearing from you  as we discuss issues and answer questions.

In Christ,
Thomas
Forum Moderator

Your brother in Christ ,
Thomas
Marion

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2006, 01:43:33 AM »

Thank you Thomas and I look forward to some good discussions. I have been lurking here for a while until I sort of got my bearings. I have lots of questions but I think you will find I am slow to answer things as I try to think and discern God's will. Is the chat room ever active or is it used only for certain topics at preset times? God bless you.

In the garden
He made it all so simple
Shall die by the sword
(Apologies to Author)
annaspencer

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Russian Orthodox

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2006, 12:42:57 PM »

Hello Marion  Cheesy
Great to have you with us, welcome!