OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 16, 2014, 03:23:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags CHAT Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is It The Lenten Triodion?  (Read 879 times) Average Rating: 0
QuoVadis

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ROCOR

« on: April 20, 2006, 08:37:58 PM »

Hi everyone,

I was at Church last night for Matins with the reading of the 12 Passion Gospels.  This is the first year that I've been able to read through the whole service in English (because it's served in Slavonic).  I got the printed material off the Internet at:

http://www.anastasis.org.uk

I saw a few people actually reading books (compared to my print out) and wondered if they were following through the whole service, including the Passion Gospels, in what is known as The Lenton Triodion, or are the full services available in another book for lay people?  Would anyone be able to help me out?

Many thanks!

"Without sorrows there is no salvation. On the other hand, the Kingdom of God awaits those who have patiently endured. And all the glory of the world is nothing in comparison." - St Seraphim of Sarov
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 08:52:30 PM »

http://store.holycrossbookstore.com/002noisbn.html

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
QuoVadis

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ROCOR

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 09:13:08 PM »

Thanks - what about in Slavonic / English?

"Without sorrows there is no salvation. On the other hand, the Kingdom of God awaits those who have patiently endured. And all the glory of the world is nothing in comparison." - St Seraphim of Sarov
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: