OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 02, 2014, 08:59:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prayers for Humility and Prayers against Fear  (Read 3706 times) Average Rating: 0
orth_christian2000

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese in Canada

He must increase, I must decrease...

« on: April 17, 2006, 10:04:55 PM »

Hey all,

If you have the chance, say a simple "Kyrie Eleison" for me tonight.  By God's grace, I managed to partake in the holy mystery of confession.  Needless to say, my priest was not impressed with my sins, and while saying that my confession was received by God, he did not read the prayer of absolution over me, nor did he wear his epitrachilion when he heard it.  I believe my confession has been heard by Christ. The few times I've seen my priest since then, I think he's been trying to cultivate my humility, which is great, because he's said some things that have been a little bitter to hear.  I don't want to be arrogant, or indignant...it's not very easy. Please pray that I will learn to humble myself.

Moreover, aside from the spiritual struggle that comes with Great Lent, Holy Week and the approaching Pascha, I've been having an ongoing struggle with a small physical "condition".  It's not life threatening, but it can be pretty debilitating--I have an irregularity in my heartbeats, so they are often all over the place, fast, slow, extra, and i get lightheaded, and frightened.  My docs have been watching it, but I'm hoping you, the holy saints of God, will pray for me, that I don't let fear and doubt get the best of me.

Thank-you all in advance.
Christ our Lord brighten the garment of our souls, that we might enter into His Bridalchamber.
Theodore(Ted)

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner
Starlight
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of USA (Ecumenical Patriarchate)

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2006, 11:17:42 PM »

Kyrie Eleison! May God help you in everything, Ted!
Great that you had enough courage to confess. Your priest should act in a totally different way.
ionus

Faith: Romanian Orthodox Christian

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 12:48:30 AM »

Hi Ted,

Kyrie Elieson from me as well.  Also I just want to add, that Christ loves us, and he knows we will stumble, he knows what it is going to take for us to be right with him.  We are slowly but surely being made into the finest sculptures by the greatest of artists, and with each touch of the chisel we will feel pain, but it is only for the shaping of our perfection in Him.(CS Lewis).  I'm inspired by the fact that you are asking for prayers in this troubled time, and I believe that God will heal you, and remove your doubt.  God bless you, and pray for me a sinner.
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 07:59:51 AM »

Kyrie eleison.

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 09:28:19 AM »

Lord, have mercy.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

In solidarity with Iraqi and Syrian Nazarenes

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2006, 10:24:32 AM »

Lord, have mercy.

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: