OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 30, 2014, 02:03:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What does this mean!!!?  (Read 941 times) Average Rating: 0
PoorFoolNicholas
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Theologoumenon

« on: May 07, 2009, 12:06:42 PM »

Cheval Mort. I have seen it tagged a hundred times, have searched for what it means, to no avail. What does it mean?
Heorhij
Merarches

Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 12:11:04 PM »

Cheval Mort. I have seen it tagged a hundred times, have searched for what it means, to no avail. What does it mean?

Dead horse in French. Smiley
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 12:11:11 PM by Heorhij » Logged

Love never fails.
PoorFoolNicholas
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 12:11:47 PM »

Dead horse in French. Smiley
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I am an idiot..... laugh Cool
PoorFoolNicholas
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 12:12:20 PM »

I even took french in high school for 3 years.....ouch! Grin
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 05:01:27 PM »

More etymology....

The word chivalry is derived from cheval.
The word mortuary is derived from mort.

Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 09:27:57 AM »

I have wondered that also.  Clicking on the tag of Cheval Mort I have found that quite often it leads to messages where ialmisry has contributed some first class material, nearly always from the original sources.   It's quite amazing how many miles he clocks up with his messages and how much research goes into his contributions.
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 12:50:48 PM »

I have wondered that also.  Clicking on the tag of Cheval Mort I have found that quite often it leads to messages where ialmisry has contributed some first class material, nearly always from the original sources.   It's quite amazing how many miles he clocks up with his messages and how much research goes into his contributions.
Too bad he so often does this to beat the dead horse.
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 09:46:09 PM »

Any dead horses in mind?  His contributions always offer us thitherto unknown and quite illuminating first-hand sources.
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 01:50:35 AM »

Any dead horses in mind?  His contributions always offer us thitherto unknown and quite illuminating first-hand sources.
And third-hand clubs. Tongue
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2010, 01:58:03 AM »

And third-hand clubs. Tongue

"You are my club, my weapon for battle— with you I shatter nations, with you I destroy kingdoms."
 ~The Book of Jeremy 51:20
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2010, 02:52:37 AM »

I have wondered that also.  Clicking on the tag of Cheval Mort I have found that quite often it leads to messages where ialmisry has contributed some first class material, nearly always from the original sources.   It's quite amazing how many miles he clocks up with his messages and how much research goes into his contributions.

Well Peter, if you'd wake up and live then I imagine he'd stop beating you! Wink

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE1d9MQKNK4

Selam
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 02:53:54 AM by Gebre Menfes Kidus » Logged

"If you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks at you along the way, you will never reach your goal." [Turkish Proverb]
Tags: Chuck Norris 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: