OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 27, 2014, 12:41:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eucharistic Miracle and Apparition in Assuit - 2006!!  (Read 5076 times) Average Rating: 0
EkhristosAnesti
'I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."' - Psalm 91:2
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox

Pope St Kyrillos VI

« on: April 15, 2006, 09:02:07 AM »

There has been much talk of this Eucharistic miracle and Apparition that was witnessed by the entire congregation at St Mikhail's Coptic Orthodox church in Assiut. The U.S. Copts Association provides the following eye-witness account, as well as photographic evidence of the claims in question.

NB: An audio interview with one of the two priests serving at the church in question was recorded by another organisation - the American Coptic Association, and can be downloaded here:
http://www.amcoptic.com/n2006/sound/st_mary_asiout.WMA

Source: http://copts.net/detail.asp?id=928

Around 7:00 PM this evening (local time in Ottawa Canada) a dear friend of mine and a native of Assuit,  managed to reach one of his friends in Assuit, Magdy, by telephone. He then called me and brought me on line via a conference call. Magdy and his family were eyewitnesses to the apparitions which occurred recently at the altar and outside the church. I listened to Magdy's account for about 20 minutes. Here is a summary of what I heard, as it remains fresh in my mind:

The events in question began during the Liturgy on Wednesday the 29th of March (2006), which usually starts at 12:00 noon, ending at 3:00 in the afternoon. There were two priests praying at that time, Abouna Boulos and Abouna Tadros. One of the icons hung upon the wall inside the altar depicting St Mary with a dove above her and surrounded with the holy disciples, started to illuminate. The dove started to illuminate first, then the light from the dove started to flow down and spread towards the heads of the disciples. Next, the light spread to the adjacent icon of Christ during the last supper. Then the light spreads to other icons in the altar. The timing of this occurrence coincided with the Liturgical prayer for the descending of the Holy Spirit (just prior to the congregational response: "we worship your holy body").

The moment that was witnessed by the entire congregation however, was the moment where the priest, subsequent to the Last Confession raised the tray carrying the Holy Body of Christ. A glorious light illuminated the entire tray. Abouna Tadros, the other priest serving the Liturgy, commented saying that the light was so bright that he could no longer see the tray; all he could see was light.

What's more fascinating is what the worshipers inside the altar receiving the Eucharist saw and felt. Magdy's sister was receiving communion and is quoted as having said that all she could see is light in the tray and light in the hands of Abouna whilst he gave her the body of Christ to partake of. As she partook of this light, she even felt as if she was chewing light! Meanwhile worshipers were on their cell phones relaying first-hand the glorious news to the whole city of Assuit what they see first hand; it took no time for a large crowd to eventually gather to the extent that they were blocking the streets surrounding the church.

The following Wednesday (April 5th), worshipers crowded the church (in the lower level), awaiting the finale of the Liturgy in order that they may witness the light. At the same time another Liturgy being served in the upper level of the Church by Bishop Mikhail had ended. The Bishop was called to bless people downstairs and to convince them to leave since no more light had appeared at that time. Whilst the Bishop was doing that, the light struck in the altar once again, and the people rejoiced. Outside the church the light covered the whole minaret with illuminating flying objects described as having the size of large ducks and not doves as is known to the people.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 09:04:03 AM by EkhristosAnesti » Logged

No longer an active member of this forum. Sincerest apologies to anyone who has taken offence to anything posted in youthful ignorance or negligence prior to my leaving this forum - October, 2012.

"Philosophy is the imitation by a man of what is better, according to what is possible" - St Severus
EkhristosAnesti
'I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."' - Psalm 91:2
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox

Pope St Kyrillos VI

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2006, 03:14:55 AM »

I should also point out that this is not the first time that the town of Assiut has witnessed Christ's Mercy in such blatant and undeniably miraculous fashion. The Coptic town troubled by Islamic fanatics and Protestant proselytes, witnessed similarly glorious events in the year 2000:

http://www.zeitun-eg.org/assiut.htm

No longer an active member of this forum. Sincerest apologies to anyone who has taken offence to anything posted in youthful ignorance or negligence prior to my leaving this forum - October, 2012.

"Philosophy is the imitation by a man of what is better, according to what is possible" - St Severus
Addai

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 04:37:16 PM »

Awesome!  

Ikhiristos Anesti. Alithos Anisti.

Salpy
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2006, 11:03:04 PM »

I took the liberty of splitting away from this topic some comments and questions about Fr. Matta's writings on the Eucharist.  These are now a new topic, to be found here:

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php?topic=8933.0

psalm110
Elder

Faith: Christianity
Jurisdiction: Orthodox

Orthodox Christian

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 11:25:31 AM »

What is the reason for these appiritions in Assuit I know there were some in 2000 and 2006 but what reason does it help the orthodox faithful and non believers in Assuit ?.

I am curious to know the amount of suffering the Orthodox have gone through the last 3 years was there any divine apparition in helping the Christian orthodox strengthen their faith ?
theistgal
Byzantine (Ruthenian) Catholic gadfly
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Follower of Jesus Christ
Jurisdiction: Byzantine Catholic

don't even go there!

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2013, 04:40:16 PM »

Happy New Year to this thread, now starting its 7th year.  Grin

"Sometimes, you just gotta say, 'OK, I still have nine live, two-headed animals' and move on.'' (owner of Coney Island freak show, upon learning he'd been outbid on a 5-legged puppy)
Salpy
Toumarches

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2013, 06:14:51 PM »

What is the reason for these appiritions in Assuit I know there were some in 2000 and 2006 but what reason does it help the orthodox faithful and non believers in Assuit ?.

I am curious to know the amount of suffering the Orthodox have gone through the last 3 years was there any divine apparition in helping the Christian orthodox strengthen their faith ?

There was the apparition of the Mother of God in al-Warraq:

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,24926.0.html

Salpy
Toumarches

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2013, 06:17:09 PM »

Also, in Aleppo, Syria, a couple of years ago the icons and khachkars in an Armenian church began to weep:

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,20646.0.html

Seeing what is going on now in Syria, I wonder if that was a warning of what was about to happen to the Christian population there.   Sad

walter1234
High Elder

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2013, 02:46:33 PM »

Why these miracles did not happen in Orthodox Church in Hong Kong? Embarrassed Undecided Cry
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 02:47:15 PM by walter1234 » Logged
Tags: miracles Coptic Orthodox Church apparitions 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: