OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 25, 2014, 08:24:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Military Air Traffic Controller Claims Comet Collision with Earth on May 25  (Read 2878 times) Average Rating: 0
KostaNY

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

« on: April 15, 2006, 01:03:58 AM »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/usnw/20060413/pl_usnw/former_military_air_traffic_controller_claims_comet_collision_with_earth_on_may25_2006104_xml

KEALAKEKUA, Hawaii, April 13 /U.S. Newswire/ -- Eric Julien, a former French military air traffic controller and senior airport manager, has completed a study of the comet 73P Schwassmann- Wachmann and declared that a fragment is highly likely to impact the Earth on or around May 25, 2006.

Comet Schwassman-Wachmann follows a five-year orbit that crosses the solar system's ecliptic plane. It has followed its five year orbit intact for centuries; but, in 1995, mysteriously fragmented. According to Julien, this is the same year that a crop circle appeared showing the inner solar system with the Earth missing from its orbit. He argues the "Missing Earth" crop circle was a message from higher intelligences warning humanity of the consequences of its destructive nuclear policies. He links this crop circle to May 25, 2006, and identifies the comet Schwassmann-Wachman as the subject of higher intelligence communications.

Using     NASA simulations of the comet's path, Julien concludes that impact is likely around May 25 precisely when the comet crosses the Earth's ecliptic plane. While the first fragment will cross at approximately 10 million miles, lagging fragments threaten to collide. While astronomers have stated that the comet poses no direct threat, Julien argues that some fragments are too small to observe. Astronomers have predicted possible meteor showers indicating some cometary debris will enter the atmosphere.

Julien argues that the kinetic energy of even a 'car sized' fragment will impact the Earth with devastating effect. He concludes the May 25 event is tied in to the Bush administration's policy of preemptive use of nuclear weapons against     Iran, and the effect of nuclear weapons on the realms of higher intelligences. Regarding its importance, Julien declares: "we have to save lives when we have such information to share with the public". He further claims it important "to preserve all data, historical artifacts and precious material in the event of such a collision." Julien predicts that the comet collision will occur in the Atlantic Ocean between the Equator and the Tropic of Cancer, and generates 200 meter waves. Julien concludes that "each person with this information has to take responsibility to warn potential victims."

His article, "May 25, 2006: The Day of Destiny" is available at: http://www.exopoliticsinstitute.org/EricJulien-En.htm
Bizzlebin
Theologian
High Elder

Faith: Orthodoxy
Jurisdiction: OCA

MonkBot, Go Forth!

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 01:11:01 AM »

I really like it how he ties in real events with aliens and his political agenda. (But at least I am safe from 200 meter waves here in Colorado Grin)

Fashions and opinions among men may change, but the Orthodox tradition remains ever the same, no matter how few may follow it.

-- Fr. Seraphim Rose
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2006, 01:49:08 AM »

It has followed its five year orbit intact for centuries; but, in 1995, mysteriously fragmented.
Julien is talking nonsense here! There's nothing "mysterious" about it!
Schwassmann-Wachmann is a "sungrazer comet" as was "Schumaker-Levy" which broke up into multiple fragments due to gravitational forces of the Sun before slamming into Jupiter.
As for a fragment hitting the Earth, I think the Near Earth Object (NEO) Program would know about it way before an attention seeking nobody in one of the freak States did.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 02:18:40 AM by ozgeorge » Logged

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
montalban
Now in colour
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2006, 02:42:53 AM »

G W Bush will have it shot down if it violates US Air Space

Fàilte dhut a Mhoire,
tha thu lan de na gràsan;
Tha an Tighearna maille riut.
ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2006, 06:37:22 AM »

I really don't think it's worth worrying the President about.
The fragments of Schwassman-Wachmann will miss us by over 24 LD's (24 "Lunar Distances"- ie, 24 times the distance of the Moon from the Earth). Tomorrow (April 16th) Asteroid "2006 GC" will come even closer at 16 LD's and on April 27th, Asteroid "2006 GB1" will come even closer than this at 14 LD's!
Julien's claims are hogwash and hype.
If you really want something to worry about, on April 13th, 2029, Asteroid "Apophis" will come less than 1 LD close to Earth, that is, it will pass between the Earth and the Moon's Orbit. NASA predicts that it will miss both us and the Moon......however, one has to wonder why it was named after the Egyptian God "Apophis"- "The Destroyer"! Thank God they didn't call it "Apsinthos" ("Wormwood"...see Apocalypse 8:10-11)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 06:55:14 AM by ozgeorge » Logged

montalban
Now in colour
OC.net guru

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2006, 07:02:10 AM »

On a scale then, of world-leaders, it's probably worth worrying John Howard, but none higher.
The fragments of Schwassman-Wachmann will miss us by over 24 LD's (24 "Lunar Distances"- ie, 24 times the distance of the Moon from the Earth). Tomorrow (April 16th) Asteroid "2006 GC" will come even closer at 16 LD's and on April 27th, Asteroid "2006 GB1" will come even closer than this at 14 LD's!
If you really want something to worry about, on April 13th, 2029, Asteroid "Apophis" will come less than 1 LD close to Earth, that is, it will pass between the Earth and the Moon's Orbit. NASA predicts that it will miss both us and the Moon......however, one has to wonder why it was named after the Egyptian God "Apophis"- "The Destroyer"! Thank God they didn't call it "Apsinthos" ("Wormwood"...see Apocalypse 8:10-11)

I've not got any clean underwear! :'(

Fàilte dhut a Mhoire,
Hadel
IN CHRIST
Elder

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Jerusalem

Jesus Christ Our Lord, King of Kings

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2006, 07:04:09 AM »

I guess will come to find out the truth on May 25, 2006 .... so we all should meet back online and do a count down.... 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 .... Atlantic Hit!!!

Hey OZGeorge .... I love your picture of the lions!!!  Grin

God's Will.

In Christ,
Hadel

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.
ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2006, 07:08:17 AM »

Here's a picture of how close Apophis will come on April 13th 2029:

And for the superstitious among us, April 13th 2029 is a Friday!...unlucky for some!

Nacho
OC.net guru

Faith: EasternOrthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

The face of Corporate America

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2006, 09:45:36 AM »

Wow.....talk about being a moonbat, this guy takes the cake and I thought some of the global warming alarmist were bad. So now if a comet comes close to striking the earth it's Bush's fault... Roll Eyes Next they will claim that it will be raining cats and dogs because Bush didn't sign Kyoto ...... Grin

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."--Mere Christianity
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

that is not the teaching of...

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2006, 12:09:58 PM »

According to Julien, this is the same year that a crop circle appeared showing the inner solar system with the Earth missing from its orbit. He argues the "Missing Earth" crop circle was a message from higher intelligences warning humanity of the consequences of its destructive nuclear policies.

Yeah...  Shocked Roll Eyes
annaspencer

Jurisdiction: Russian Orthodox

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2006, 12:31:41 PM »

I read somewhere that chernobyl meant Wormwood in some slav language.
montalban
Now in colour
OC.net guru

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2006, 07:17:21 PM »

Here's a picture of how close Apophis will come on April 13th 2029:

And for the superstitious among us, April 13th 2029 is a Friday!...unlucky for some!

Hey, you can see my house from there!

Fàilte dhut a Mhoire,
montalban
Now in colour
OC.net guru

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2006, 07:18:28 PM »

I guess will come to find out the truth on May 25, 2006 .... so we all should meet back online and do a count down.... 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 .... Atlantic Hit!!!

Hey OZGeorge .... I love your picture of the lions!!!  Grin

God's Will.

In Christ,
Hadel
I think he has them because he's a Johnny Cash fan (as in the song "I walk the lion")

Fàilte dhut a Mhoire,
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2006, 07:46:21 PM »

Fragment #1: "I'm going off to disturb Earth!"

73P Schwassmann- Wachmann: "Have fun storming the castle!"
Wife: "Think it'll work?"
73P Schwassmann- Wachmann: "It'll take a miracle!"

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2006, 07:56:01 PM »

I read somewhere that chernobyl meant Wormwood in some slav language.
It actually means "Mugwort" in Ukranian.

Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2006, 08:15:45 PM »

Julien is talking nonsense here! There's nothing "mysterious" about it!
Schwassmann-Wachmann is a "sungrazer comet" as was "Schumaker-Levy" which broke up into multiple fragments due to gravitational forces of the Sun before slamming into Jupiter.
As for a fragment hitting the Earth, I think the Near Earth Object (NEO) Program would know about it way before an attention seeking nobody in one of the freak States did.

Thanks for the link; great site!

Whatever happened to  2006 GU2 which passed within 2.6 Lunar Distances of the Earth on April Fool's Day?  That's 90% closer than the Schwassmann- Wachmann!

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2006, 09:13:29 PM »

Thanks for the link; great site!

It may comfort you to know that the sky of the Southern Hemisphere is also being monitored for NEO's (Near Earth Objects) by the Learmonth Solar Observatory here in Australia. However, it may discomfort you to know that we have called this project: "Project Wormwood"!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 09:14:42 PM by ozgeorge » Logged

montalban
Now in colour
OC.net guru

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2006, 11:02:56 PM »

Fragment #1: "I'm going off to disturb Earth!"

73P Schwassmann- Wachmann: "Have fun storming the castle!"
Wife: "Think it'll work?"
73P Schwassmann- Wachmann: "It'll take a miracle!"
There's a rise of dumbhumour on this thread; it is meteoric

Fàilte dhut a Mhoire,
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2006, 12:21:11 AM »

If you haven't seen The Princess Bride, I pity you.

---------------------
Matthew777
Warned
Archon

Seek and ye shall find

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2006, 01:44:37 AM »

If not even Jesus knows the day and the hour of His return, how can human beings predict the end of the world?

He who has a why to live for can bear with almost any how. - Friedrich Nietzsche
www.aramaicpeshitta.com
http://www.mechon-mamre.org/e/et/et0.htm
montalban
Now in colour
OC.net guru

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2006, 03:23:08 AM »

If not even Jesus knows the day and the hour of His return, how can human beings predict the end of the world?
"To speculate on the date of the Second Coming, even if it be only the year, is to seek to wrest a secret from God that Jesus explicitly states only the Father possesses. Therefore, speculating on the timing of our Lord's return is arrogance bordering on blasphemy. As Bible commentator William Barclay explains, "It is not any man's duty to speculate; it is his duty to prepare himself, and to watch."...The aim of Jesus' discourses on the Second Coming was always to one end: not to give us clues to dates His return, but to exhort us to be prepared.' "Voice in the Wilderness", Vol. 11, No.2 Apr-June 2003, p24 (published by Apostoliki Diakonia Committee Greek Orthodox Parish-Community of Saint George, Brisbane)

Fàilte dhut a Mhoire,
ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2006, 03:45:05 AM »

A comet or asteroid colliding with Earth will not necessarily end the world, in fact, more than likely, it won't, since it has happened many times in the past and possibly as recently as 1908 ( The Tunguska Event).

montalban
Now in colour
OC.net guru

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2006, 03:56:00 AM »

A comet or asteroid colliding with Earth will not necessarily end the world, in fact, more than likely, it won't, since it has happened many times in the past and possibly as recently as 1908 ( The Tunguska Event).
I remember on "Great Mysteries of the World" (narrated by Leonard Nimoy) there were claims that the 1908 crash was a UFO - because some witnesses claimed it 'changed direction'

Fàilte dhut a Mhoire,
ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2006, 12:31:10 PM »

For those interested, a friend just emailed me this. Amateur astonomer Guillaume Poulin has captured an amazing video of fragment B of comet 73P Schwassmann- Wachmann on it's way towards us for it's Earth flyby. It is a timelapse video of 2 hours condensed into 8 seconds and is located at:
http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2006/images/73p/poulin1.gif

Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2006, 12:34:51 PM »

Very Cool!!

Thanks for the link.

Ebor

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2006, 12:35:43 PM »

If you haven't seen The Princess Bride, I pity you.

"Have fun storming the castle, Boys!!"

Grin

Ebor

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
KostaNY

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2006, 12:36:12 AM »

Only 2 more weeks....  Grin
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: