Author Topic: OO's Easters  (Read 966 times)

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Toumarches
  • Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)
OO's Easters
« on: April 13, 2006, 03:02:06 AM »
I understand that the Indian Orthodox in America, both the Syrian and Independant factions, celebrate Easter at the same time the Catholics do.  What about Armenians?

And should it be a requirement, a necessity that all OO's celebrate Easter the same date?

God bless.

Mina
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• The Fourteenth Apostle and Judge of the Interwebs
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
Re: OO's Easters
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 09:46:12 AM »
All Orthodox Indians (and I purposed put the words in that order to include everyone) celebrate Easter according to the Western calculation since the early 1950's.  The Armenians also celebrate on the same date.  

I think it is preferable for all of us to celebrate on one date, but how would we go about making that happen?  If we can figure out how to do that, maybe we can get other stuff done...
"Do not tempt the Mor thy Mod."

Mor no longer posts on OCNet.  He follows threads, posts his responses daily, occasionally starts threads, and responds to private messages when and as he wants.  But he really isn't around anymore.

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Toumarches
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 01:41:52 PM »
All Orthodox Indians (and I purposed put the words in that order to include everyone) celebrate Easter according to the Western calculation since the early 1950's.  The Armenians also celebrate on the same date.  

I think it is preferable for all of us to celebrate on one date, but how would we go about making that happen?  If we can figure out how to do that, maybe we can get other stuff done...

True...if only we can actually get things done ::)

Has the Armenian Church changed this recently, or centuries back?

God bless.
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline Salpy

• Toumarches
  • New Martyrs of Libya pray for us!
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2006, 07:32:48 PM »
It was sometime after the Genocide, when the surviving Armenians went into diaspora, that the Armenians in the U.S. started celebrating Easter on the Western date.  I know in Jerusalem they still celebrate on the old date.  I don't know about the Armenians in the rest of the world.

Offline minasoliman

• Section Moderator
  • Toumarches
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2006, 03:36:00 PM »
A blessed Good Friday to all Orthodox Indians and our Armenian Orthodox brothers and sisters.

Lord have mercy.

Mina