Author Topic: I am now part of the OC.Net Trinity  (Read 2053 times)

Offline TomS

• Archon
  • "Look At Me! Look At Me Now! " - Bono
I am now part of the OC.Net Trinity
« on: March 28, 2006, 10:51:03 PM »
I have surpassed the posts of that apostate Linus7. I am now part of the Trinity.

Lord have mercy.

Offline Ebor

• Vanyar
  • Taxiarches
Re: I am now part of the OC.Net Trinity
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 11:02:27 PM »
I'm not sure.  Are congratulations or condolences in order?

;D :D ;D ;)

Ebor
"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.

Offline Arystarcus

• High Elder
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 11:04:53 PM »
Axios!  ;D

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
  • May the Lord bless you and keep you always!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 02:16:28 AM »
gotta be careful, though... some of us, if our posting rates continue, will pass the 'ol folk by the end of the year...

of coruse, the way some post on here, I think that would be much too much overexposure.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 02:16:58 AM by cleveland »
"O Cross of Christ, all-holy, thrice-blessed, and life-giving, instrument of the mystical rites of Zion, the holy Altar for the service of our Great Archpriest, the blessing - the weapon - the strength of priests, our pride, our consolation, the light in our hearts, our mind, and our steps"
Met. Meletios of Nikopolis & Preveza, from his ordination.

Offline Jakub

• Archon
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 04:23:29 PM »
Some need to get a life...and a real job.

Calling Linus a apostate is another TS = BS

same old...

JB
An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Offline EkhristosAnesti

• 'I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."' - Psalm 91:2
  • Archon
  • Pope St Kyrillos VI
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2006, 04:36:21 PM »
Oh, how I wish that Linus were still posting here; reading through his old posts, I could just tell that him and I would have been the bestest of buddies in the whole wide world.
No longer an active member of this forum. Sincerest apologies to anyone who has taken offence to anything posted in youthful ignorance or negligence prior to my leaving this forum - October, 2012.

"Philosophy is the imitation by a man of what is better, according to what is possible" - St Severus

Offline Augustine

• High Elder
  • pray for me, please
    • Beyond Nihilism
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2006, 04:32:56 PM »
Maybe I'm just too slow to catch onto sarcasm, but did Linus7 really apostatize?  I guess I'm only tempted to ask, because I do remember him being strangely "philo papal".

Offline Ebor

• Vanyar
  • Taxiarches
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2006, 09:14:41 AM »
I think what was meant was that Linus7 left the forum, not that he stopped being EO.

Ebor
"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

Offline Ebor

• Vanyar
  • Taxiarches
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2006, 09:16:10 AM »
gotta be careful, though... some of us, if our posting rates continue, will pass the 'ol folk by the end of the year...

Ha! You're soaring ahead because of your mod duties that we lesser mortals (or eldar) don't have.

;D ;D ;D

Ebor

Offline TomS

• Archon
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2006, 10:51:36 AM »
I think what was meant was that Linus7 left the forum, not that he stopped being EO.

Exactly!

Some people just don't get my humor!

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Hoplitarches
  • Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2006, 02:02:21 PM »
Oh, how I wish that Linus were still posting here; reading through his old posts, I could just tell that him and I would have been the bestest of buddies in the whole wide world.

hahahahahahahaha

I think I found him though...he converted to another website...when I challenged him and asked him if he was Linus, he never answered.
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline Ebor

• Vanyar
  • Taxiarches
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2006, 03:34:24 PM »
Exactly!

Some people just don't get my humor!

Maybe we need translators like at the United Nations.  
"The Chairman said, "......"

;)

Ebor

Offline Jakub

• Archon
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2006, 06:37:13 PM »
TomS,

There is quite a difference in the wording of the first post re: Linus...then what you claim to say in  the later post...

I'm not buying the later intention...

james
An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Offline TomS

• Archon
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2006, 07:41:24 PM »
TomS,

There is quite a difference in the wording of the first post re: Linus...then what you claim to say in  the later post...

I'm not buying the later intention...

james

Oh Wow! You callin' me a LIAR?!?!?! Now how am I supposed to sleep at night knowing that some nobody on an internet messaging board does not believe me? What will I do?  :D
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 07:41:44 PM by TomS »

Offline Jakub

• Archon
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2006, 01:31:47 PM »
"That apostate Linus7" and "Linus7 that left the forum" state &  mean the same ?

Well pass that pipe and let me have a hit or three... :P

james

« Last Edit: April 01, 2006, 01:44:51 PM by Jakub »

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
  • May the Lord bless you and keep you always!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2006, 07:29:35 AM »
Ha! You're soaring ahead because of your mod duties that we lesser mortals (or eldar) don't have.

;D ;D ;D

Ebor

Oh, yea... all the great controversies that I've been embroiled in lately...
Actually, you can thank the post count thread for part of my surge in posting... when one posts a few hundred times just in one thread, it is inevitable that it will help their overall count greatly...
"O Cross of Christ, all-holy, thrice-blessed, and life-giving, instrument of the mystical rites of Zion, the holy Altar for the service of our Great Archpriest, the blessing - the weapon - the strength of priests, our pride, our consolation, the light in our hearts, our mind, and our steps"
Met. Meletios of Nikopolis & Preveza, from his ordination.