OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 19, 2014, 12:48:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I am now part of the OC.Net Trinity  (Read 1944 times) Average Rating: 0
TomS
Banned
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

"Look At Me! Look At Me Now! " - Bono

« on: March 28, 2006, 10:51:03 PM »

I have surpassed the posts of that apostate Linus7. I am now part of the Trinity.

Lord have mercy.
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 11:02:27 PM »

I'm not sure.  Are congratulations or condolences in order?

Grin Cheesy Grin Wink

Ebor

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
Arystarcus
High Elder

Faith: Christian

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 11:04:53 PM »

Axios!  Grin
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 02:16:28 AM »

gotta be careful, though... some of us, if our posting rates continue, will pass the 'ol folk by the end of the year...

of coruse, the way some post on here, I think that would be much too much overexposure.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 02:16:58 AM by cleveland » Logged

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 04:23:29 PM »

Some need to get a life...and a real job.

Calling Linus a apostate is another TS = BS

same old...

JB

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
EkhristosAnesti
'I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."' - Psalm 91:2
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox

Pope St Kyrillos VI

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2006, 04:36:21 PM »

Oh, how I wish that Linus were still posting here; reading through his old posts, I could just tell that him and I would have been the bestest of buddies in the whole wide world.

No longer an active member of this forum. Sincerest apologies to anyone who has taken offence to anything posted in youthful ignorance or negligence prior to my leaving this forum - October, 2012.

"Philosophy is the imitation by a man of what is better, according to what is possible" - St Severus
Augustine
High Elder

pray for me, please

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2006, 04:32:56 PM »

Maybe I'm just too slow to catch onto sarcasm, but did Linus7 really apostatize?  I guess I'm only tempted to ask, because I do remember him being strangely "philo papal".
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2006, 09:14:41 AM »

I think what was meant was that Linus7 left the forum, not that he stopped being EO.

Ebor

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2006, 09:16:10 AM »

gotta be careful, though... some of us, if our posting rates continue, will pass the 'ol folk by the end of the year...

Ha! You're soaring ahead because of your mod duties that we lesser mortals (or eldar) don't have.

Grin Grin Grin

Ebor

TomS
Banned
Archon

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2006, 10:51:36 AM »

I think what was meant was that Linus7 left the forum, not that he stopped being EO.

Exactly!

Some people just don't get my humor!
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2006, 02:02:21 PM »

Oh, how I wish that Linus were still posting here; reading through his old posts, I could just tell that him and I would have been the bestest of buddies in the whole wide world.

hahahahahahahaha

I think I found him though...he converted to another website...when I challenged him and asked him if he was Linus, he never answered.

Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2006, 03:34:24 PM »

Exactly!

Some people just don't get my humor!

Maybe we need translators like at the United Nations.  
"The Chairman said, "......"

Wink

Ebor

Jakub
Archon

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2006, 06:37:13 PM »

TomS,

There is quite a difference in the wording of the first post re: Linus...then what you claim to say in  the later post...

I'm not buying the later intention...

james

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
TomS
Banned
Archon

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2006, 07:41:24 PM »

TomS,

There is quite a difference in the wording of the first post re: Linus...then what you claim to say in  the later post...

I'm not buying the later intention...

james

Oh Wow! You callin' me a LIAR?!?!?! Now how am I supposed to sleep at night knowing that some nobody on an internet messaging board does not believe me? What will I do?  Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 07:41:44 PM by TomS » Logged
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2006, 01:31:47 PM »

"That apostate Linus7" and "Linus7 that left the forum" state &  mean the same ?

Well pass that pipe and let me have a hit or three... Tongue

james

« Last Edit: April 01, 2006, 01:44:51 PM by Jakub » Logged

Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2006, 07:29:35 AM »

Ha! You're soaring ahead because of your mod duties that we lesser mortals (or eldar) don't have.

Grin Grin Grin

Ebor

Oh, yea... all the great controversies that I've been embroiled in lately...
Actually, you can thank the post count thread for part of my surge in posting... when one posts a few hundred times just in one thread, it is inevitable that it will help their overall count greatly...

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: