Author Topic: New Chapter online "Trebizond: the Last Greek Empire"  (Read 2635 times)

Offline Anastasios

• Webdespota
  • Administrator
  • Merarches
  • Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina
    • AnastasiosHudson.com
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist
New Chapter online "Trebizond: the Last Greek Empire"
« on: March 29, 2003, 02:24:47 AM »
Friends,

I just finished chapter 1 of the book Trebizond: the Last Greek Empire about this medieval state which survived Byzantium by 8 years.  I am willing to put the entire book up if you all so desire, but I need to hear from you here or via private message or email whether it is something you want to see.

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/articles/TrebizondCh1.html

In Christ,

anastasios
Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism and may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.

Offline sinjinsmythe

• High Elder
Re:New Chapter online "Trebizond: the Last Greek Empire"
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2003, 01:35:33 AM »
Interesting. Too bad no one is writing an Orthodox dating manual.
Life is just one disappointment after another.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• The Fourteenth Apostle and Judge of the Interwebs
  • Section Moderator
  • Protostrator
  • All who love ZZ, honour ZZ!
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to Czech Lands
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2003, 09:56:40 AM »
Friend, you'll never get anywhere if you're too pessimistic about the whole thing.  Take heart, they're out there.  I've seen them.  ;)
"Do not tempt the Mor thy Mod."

New thread topic.  Rate the sexual attractiveness of members of OC.net on a scale of 1-10.

Mor Ephrem: 11/10

Offline Anastasios

• Webdespota
  • Administrator
  • Merarches
    • AnastasiosHudson.com
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2003, 01:20:04 PM »
Dude, enroll in St. Vladimir's or Holy Cross and you are bound to find a nice Orthodox lady.  I'm not saying that's the reason to go, but it is a nice consequence for many!  ;D

anastasios
Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism and may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.

Offline sinjinsmythe

• High Elder
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2003, 11:38:23 AM »
Dude, enroll in St. Vladimir's or Holy Cross and you are bound to find a nice Orthodox lady.  I'm not saying that's the reason to go, but it is a nice consequence for many!  ;D

anastasios

I have no desire to go to seminary. That has to be pretty pathetic when the only place you can meet people from your faith is at a seminary.
Life is just one disappointment after another.

Offline Anastasios

• Webdespota
  • Administrator
  • Merarches
    • AnastasiosHudson.com
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2003, 12:02:55 PM »

anastasios

I have no desire to go to seminary. That has to be pretty pathetic when the only place you can meet people from your faith is at a seminary.

Well, it's NOT the only place.  It was only a suggestion of ONE place.

anastasios
Please Buy My Book!

Offline Elisha

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2003, 12:21:20 PM »
There's this Byz Catholic guy who occasionally shows up w/fam at my parish.  After liturgy, he shared his 'formula' to get married:  register for one semester at Thomas Acquinas College in Ojai, CA where there is a plethora of young Catholic women liberal Arts majors.  You should be able to meet one easily and get hitched.  I thought it was both humorous and a bit too much of a fantasy.

Offline demetrios

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2003, 11:37:44 AM »
hello I am new to the forum just today but I think I know several of you from other forums. I just thought of this issue. I have a friend who traveled to the ukraine and greece and other areas to find a good orthodox lady to marry. maybe this is something to be considered? ???