Author Topic: New Chapter online "Trebizond: the Last Greek Empire"  (Read 2565 times)

Offline Anastasios

• Webdespota
  • Administrator
  • Merarches
  • Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina
    • AnastasiosHudson.com
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist
New Chapter online "Trebizond: the Last Greek Empire"
« on: March 29, 2003, 02:24:47 AM »
Friends,

I just finished chapter 1 of the book Trebizond: the Last Greek Empire about this medieval state which survived Byzantium by 8 years.  I am willing to put the entire book up if you all so desire, but I need to hear from you here or via private message or email whether it is something you want to see.

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/articles/TrebizondCh1.html

In Christ,

anastasios
Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism and may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.

Offline sinjinsmythe

• High Elder
Re:New Chapter online "Trebizond: the Last Greek Empire"
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2003, 01:35:33 AM »
Interesting. Too bad no one is writing an Orthodox dating manual.
Life is just one disappointment after another.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• The Fourteenth Apostle and Judge of the Interwebs
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
  • Christ is risen!
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2003, 09:56:40 AM »
Friend, you'll never get anywhere if you're too pessimistic about the whole thing.  Take heart, they're out there.  I've seen them.  ;)
"Do not tempt the Mor thy Mod."

Mor no longer posts on OCNet.  He follows threads, posts his responses daily, occasionally starts threads, and responds to private messages when and as he wants.  But he really isn't around anymore.

Offline Anastasios

• Webdespota
  • Administrator
  • Merarches
    • AnastasiosHudson.com
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2003, 01:20:04 PM »
Dude, enroll in St. Vladimir's or Holy Cross and you are bound to find a nice Orthodox lady.  I'm not saying that's the reason to go, but it is a nice consequence for many!  ;D

anastasios
Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism and may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.

Offline sinjinsmythe

• High Elder
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2003, 11:38:23 AM »
Dude, enroll in St. Vladimir's or Holy Cross and you are bound to find a nice Orthodox lady.  I'm not saying that's the reason to go, but it is a nice consequence for many!  ;D

anastasios

I have no desire to go to seminary. That has to be pretty pathetic when the only place you can meet people from your faith is at a seminary.
Life is just one disappointment after another.

Offline Anastasios

• Webdespota
  • Administrator
  • Merarches
    • AnastasiosHudson.com
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2003, 12:02:55 PM »

anastasios

I have no desire to go to seminary. That has to be pretty pathetic when the only place you can meet people from your faith is at a seminary.

Well, it's NOT the only place.  It was only a suggestion of ONE place.

anastasios
Please Buy My Book!

Offline Elisha

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2003, 12:21:20 PM »
There's this Byz Catholic guy who occasionally shows up w/fam at my parish.  After liturgy, he shared his 'formula' to get married:  register for one semester at Thomas Acquinas College in Ojai, CA where there is a plethora of young Catholic women liberal Arts majors.  You should be able to meet one easily and get hitched.  I thought it was both humorous and a bit too much of a fantasy.

Offline demetrios

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2003, 11:37:44 AM »
hello I am new to the forum just today but I think I know several of you from other forums. I just thought of this issue. I have a friend who traveled to the ukraine and greece and other areas to find a good orthodox lady to marry. maybe this is something to be considered? ???