Author Topic: Appeal of Holy Archangels' Monastery in KOSOVO, Serbia  (Read 21749 times)

Offline juan

• Holy Archangels near Prizren/KM/Serbia
Appeal of Holy Archangels' Monastery in KOSOVO, Serbia
« on: March 30, 2006, 07:14:55 AM »
Dear all,
We kindly request you to visit our blog http://whymonastery.blogspot.com .
The aim of this is to inform people and make financial support to Holy Archangels’ Monastery near Prizren, in troubled Serbian province Kosovo and Metohija. We survive war, exodus of 200.000 Orthodox people from Province, destroying of Monastery and else. About this events there is many articles in Serbian, but the most of international medias stayed dumb over this. Why?
   After Kristalnacht and Pogrom of Serbs in 17. March 2004. our onlyone source of income, woodcarving workshop was destroyed. Our parishioners are just few remained elder Serbs. So we will be very grateful if you would support us to persist destroying of one European civilization.
   Brotherhood (svarhangeli@hotmail.com)
P.s   You can help also voluntarily translating texts from Serbian into English, and informing us about articles connected with Kosovo and our monastery.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 12:53:39 PM by juan »

Offline serb1389

• Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
  • Merarches
  • Save Oh Lord your People! And Bless us all!
Re: Appeal of Holy Archangels' Monastery in KOSOVO, Serbia
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 04:45:13 PM »
You know I have heard a lot about this monastery and would like to help in any way I can.  How for real is the donation account?  Because, unfortunately, many serbs today like to take advantage of other Serbs, and especially through Kosovo.  I would really like to see my money go to the right place.  Can you assure me somehow?  Send me a personal message if you would like.

Also, what kind of help would you need for translation??

Offline orth_christian2000

• He must increase, I must decrease...
    • A Mind-Blogging Experience
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 06:02:21 PM »
I would also be interested in helping out the monastery with what little I could.  I unfortunately, am not Serbian, nor do I speak Serbian, or else I'd be more than willing to help in translations.  But like serb1389, I would like to know that people aren't using the unfortunate situation of the monastery and Orthodoxy in Crucified Kosovo for personal gain.  Then again, one should give with an open heart, and let others give account for dishonest intentions and practices.  Either way, I would love more information too.
Thanks.
Theodore (Ted)
Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner

Offline serb1389

• Merarches
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 09:57:51 AM »
Thank God for christians like you my friend.  Unfortunately i've seen too many Serbs in their "element" and my view of truth and even my own people is definately distorted.  

I don't think the problem is with giving.  I'm going to give money no matter what.  The problem is how MUCH i'm going to give.  I'm not going to give as much as I would like to, just because I know my own people and the dangers involved with programs like this... :(

Offline juan

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006, 01:09:04 PM »

It is completely O.K. to be skeptical about this things. There is so many war profiteers, until people who really need help are suffering. Here in Kosovo and Metohija are two kind of Serbs. Normal people who are living (or suffering) in ghettoes and enclaves and camps and konz-camps, and small number who working with Albanian mafia or have some selfish interests.
I can't convince you on other way that I'm monk from "Holy Archangels", and that we really need a support. You have our address  svarhangeli@hotmail.com for more information.

Offline juan

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 07:19:43 AM »
The Appeal has success. This is a first article translated by member of this forum:
Elder of the monastery Holy Archangels unhappy with restoration.

PRIZREN, April 1, 2006 (Beta) - Hieromonk Benedict, elder of the Prizren
Monastery Holy Archangels, whose night-quarters were burned in the March
unrest and disorder of 2004, expressed pessimism in the outlook of restoring
the burnt or ostracized Orthodox churches in Prizren... http://whymonastery.blogspot.com

We need further support.

Offline Sloga

• High Elder
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2006, 12:50:29 AM »
Do not ever think that Serbs outside of Serbia do not care for you in Kosovo, it hurts us here in North America just as much as it hurts you, if not more. It is difficult situation there, because in my opinion the only way for Serbian Kosovo to survive and exist would have to be through military actions, of which I am sick of...but it seems that it is the only realistic way. For now, I wish you the best and pray for your survival there, for a Serbia without a Kosovo is a souless entity...

Srdjan

Boze spasi
Христе Боже, Распети и Свети!

"In the history of the human race there have been three principal falls: that of Adam, that of Judas, and that of the pope." Saint Justin Popovic

Offline juan

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2006, 05:16:45 AM »
Brate Srdjane,
I realy doubt that Serbs and generally Orthodox think enough of our dramatical state in Kosovo/Metohija Christians. It is O.K. to pray for us. But in this period we need also visible attempts. Visit of bishop Artemy to U.S was pretty silent. The fate of Kosovo is solving in USA, not just in Kosovo and Serbia. None of international subjects don't want even to mention to Kosovo stay part of Serbia: all Albanian jihadist would make huge demonstrations; and Serbs are silent with plenty provocations that they will lose their cradle of civilization. In this days we sow a new man with complex of Juda (or Vuk Brankovic) - Mr. Vojnovic.
Ofcourse when our repentance will be enough to pleased God, Serbia will ressurecte.

Offline Brother Nathanael

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2006, 04:48:42 PM »
I am new to this list.

I have a blog called "NATHANAEL SPEAKS!" about issues that True Orthodox Christians are confronted with in this day of apostacy @
http://sbn-nathanael.livejournal.com/

I would like to do a story on your Kosovo monastery and the plight of the TOC Serbian Church on my site which gets 1200 hits a week from mostly True Orthodox Christians all over the world.

Please contact me at bronathniel@yahoo.com

Brother Nathanael Kapner
"INTERVIEW WITH DR MAGEROVSKY "Anti-MP" @
http://sbn-nathanael.livejournal.com/74578.html

Offline Sloga

• High Elder
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2006, 05:22:11 PM »
I feel that the problem is that serbs outside of Serbia do not know how to help...I could send $100 but I know that is not enough because whatever the money is used for will be burnt down in a week, and I also know you need much more than that. In 1999 i participated in the demonstrations in Toronto where there was a large turn up. But no one listens to us. The way things are going, it seems that terrorism and intimidation gets you what you want. Serbs are only leaving Kosovo, no one is going there. There is no way we can co-exist with the Albanians, ever. Even here in my highschool there is always an unsettling feeling between Serbs and Albanians. A few months back, at a highschool there was a brutal stabbing of Serbs by Albanians. What I'm trying to say is that there will never be peace in Kosovo with those 2 ethnic groups, just like there will never be peace in the middle east. At the moment it seems like we are losing out...but this will not be the first time we lose Kosovo, and it wont be the only time we will free it. When I am older, I plan on visiting Kosovo, because I feel I will not be spritually complete until then.

Srdjan

"In the history of the human race there have been three principal falls: that of Adam, that of Judas, and that of the pope." Saint Justin Popovic

Offline serb1389

• Merarches
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2006, 10:09:04 PM »
Srdjane,

I feel the same way.  It makes me sick to think that I won't be able to see the land of Serbian Martyrs until i'm almost dead, because of how terrible the situation is in Kosovo.  I also feel like you do that there's so little that I CAN do.  But there's so much that I WANT to do.  

I decided that since the money thing is too complicated for a student like me, that I would help with translations for the web-site of the monastery.  Maybe you could help with that also...?

Offline Sloga

• High Elder
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2006, 10:20:08 PM »
I would love to help anyway I can...I'm already telling people about the site and spreading the word....I'll see of any other way I can help.

Offline Timos

• High Elder
  • Faith: O.C.
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2006, 10:57:54 PM »
for a Serbia without a Kosovo is a souless entity...

Just as a Greece without Constantinople is not a full entity.

It seems that wherever Orthodoxy once was, the whole world is trying to swallow us up: the Middle East was mostly if not all Orthodox at one point, then Constantinople and the stolen land they liek to call "Turkey", now Serbia...

Offline juan

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2006, 02:55:47 PM »
Kosovo is not lost. There is big political pressure to Serbs to accept that K/M must to be independent. We (Orthodox) and all people with conscience must to do everything to stop barbarization of this part of Europe and world. 2006 year is crucial. Lobby of Albanian bosses is working everywhere to make an Europian Columbia. Even beetwen Serbian politicians, churchmen, pseudo-patriots, jurnalists, national minorities in Serbia there is their lobbists. I live in Kosovo and have contacts with normal Albanians, Slav-Muslims, Gypsy, Turks who are not satisfated to K/M become independent. Serbs lost their teritories when their head was communist Miloshevic. He is now dead. Work is not finish. We have a chance. Our straw is bishop Artemy who by his whole being is fighting for Kosovo.
One front for Christianity. Be a soldier... Nema povlacenja, nema predaje.
http://www.bannerofliberty.com/
http://whymonastery.blogspot.com/

Offline cizinec

• High Elder
  • There ain't no way but the hard way.
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2006, 08:03:54 AM »
http://www.b92.net/english/news/index.php?&nav_category=&nav_id=34557&order=priority&style=headlines

It's gone, guys.  When UNHCR says they have no plans to remove all Serbs from Kosovo and then say, "The UNHCR is a humanitarian organisation that deals with the protection of people who are in trouble and must always be prepared to offer help to people, whether their troubles are the result of a natural catastrophe or the result of any other incident that would cause people to have to leave their homes"  emphasis added.

Now, what does WHO and UNHCR know that makes them 1) plan on "help(ing) people . . . leave their homes . . . as a result of any other incident" and 2) say "There is no plan that we are creating for evacuating the population."  

I didn't hit my brother, and, anyway, he hit me before I hit him.

"Brother, your best friend ain't your Momma, it's the Field Artillery."

Offline SouthSerb99

• Archbishop of Shlivo, Patriarch of All Vodkas & Defender Against All Overstepping!
  • Site Supporter
  • Archon
  • Now Internet Forum Friendly
    • Save Kosovo
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2006, 08:33:25 AM »
Cizinec,

As usual, I'm in total agreement with your assessment.  Couple this news with the recent words by Senator Voinovich (Serb), and the "official" announcement is coming soon.
"Wherever you go, there you are."
 Guy from my office

Orthodox Archbishopric of Ohrid
Hungry? Click Here

Offline Sloga

• High Elder
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2006, 10:27:20 PM »
We lost kosovo in 1389, it took 500 years, but we got it back. We may (dont come to any conclusions YET) lose it again, but hopefully the serbian race will learn of its mistakes and take a generation or two to recapture what is rightfully ours. Dont call kosovo lost just yet, not until we see what happens in Iran. If Iran causes a war, most likely a World War, nobody will pay attention to the Balkans, that will be our chance to save Kosovo.

Offline sanja81

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2006, 10:14:11 PM »
Sve sto se vekovima unazad desavalo sa Kosmetom treba da bude veliki podstrek za nas Srbe da gorimo za njegov opstanak. I to nije fraza. Tek ono sto sto se poslednjih godina desava treba da uzburka nasa srca i da ne samo u medijima "pratimo situaciju" i cekamo da vidimo sta ce biti. Kako svetski mediji i politicari vrse pritisak na nas da prihvatimo gubitak Kosmeta - tako i mi treba da vrsimo pritisak na njih neprihvatanjem onog sto nam namecu. Prihvatanjem onog sto drugi namecu i malodusnost prema onom sto nam se desava samo je "njima" krcenje puta prema onom sto su naumili. Shvatimo svi bilo gde da se nalazimo da nam diraju u Sveto i da skrnave nase duse. Kosovo je NASE i njegovo gubljenje je gubljenje i licnog identiteta svakog od nas. Znam da postoji nekolicina koja bi pomogla a ne zna kako, ali znam mnoge vise Srba koji i ne znaju sta se desava sa Kosovom i Metohijom, niti poznaje dogadjaje od 2004. godine. Paljenje nasih crkava i manastira i terorisanje naseg naroda. Najmanje sto mozemo da cinimo je da bilo gde i pred bilo kim dizemo glas. Ja sam sestra jednog od monaha iz manastira Sveti Arhangeli i znam kroz kakve muke su prolazili i prolaze, na sta ne treba niko da ostane ravnodusan. Gledali su kako gori manastir dok su ih odvozili. Zamislite kako je da vas neko odvodi dok vam rulja pali kucu. A nije samo kuca. Zamislite se nad recju "svetinja". I to nije fraza. Kad nas sirom sveta gaze - kako je tek kad nas gaze tamo gde smo na nasem - u vecitoj svetinji. Sve sto mozemo da ucinimo izgleda malo nad onim sto ti monasi i ostali Srbi cine na Kosovu, ali sve sto mozemo da ucinimo je mnogo za njih i mnogo za Kosovo i Metohiju. Nasa majka se jednom prilikom pred hirursku operaciju uplasila jer je trebalo da bude izvrsena bez anestezije, a onda, znajuci kako je to nistavno u odnosu kroz sta prolaze ovi monasi na Kosovu, samo je rekla: "Kad oni u manastiru na Kosovu mogu sve to da izdrze, mogu i ja taj bol". Ja sada kazem: Kad oni mogu to da izdrze, mozemo i mi da nadjemo nacine da pomognemo, da sirimo nasu rec i ne cutimo i ne zmurimo. I da otvorimo srca i za neke vise ciljeve. Da shvatimo da je borba za Kosovo nasa licna borba koju ne zelimo niposto da izgubimo.

Offline sanja81

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2006, 06:03:34 PM »
Everything what was happened with Kosovo&Metohija should be big stimulus for us, Serbs to flame for its survival. And this is not a phrase. Even more, that what happening last years should agitate our hearts, and not just by media to "be informed" and wait to see what will be. World politicians and media pressuring us to accept loosing of Kos&Met, but we also should pressuring them with rejecting of their impost. Our accepting of this impost and pusillanimity with events concern us, for "them" is clearance of their intents. Let all of us understand where we really are and that they tangle in something which is HOLY for us, they desecrate our souls.

Kosovo is OURS, and loosing of Kosovo is loosing of personal identity of all of us. I know that there is a few who want to help, but don't know how, but there is much bigger number of Serbs, who don't  know what is happening with Kosovo&Metohija, even don't know about 2004. year events. Burning of our churches and monasteries and terror to our people. The last thing we CAN do is to everywhere and before everyone to express our story.

I'm a sister of one of the monks from Holy Archangels' Monastery and I know which torture they have past and passing through. None could be indifferent. They were watching until their monastery was burned, until someone carried away them. Just imagine: someone carry away you and others burning your house. But it is not just a house. Let understand a word "SANCTITY". It is not a phrase. They could everywhere in world to wade us - but is it possible to wade us in ours - in immortal sanctity. Everything we can do looks to small that monks do and other Serbs do in Kosovo, but all we can do is huge for them and huge for Kosovo&Metohija.

Our mother once was on surgery. She was afraid because surgery in post-bombarded Serbia had been planed without anesthesia. Then, when she had recalled how that is insignificantly comparing with Kosovo monks' troubles, she said: "They can go through such a things, than I can withstand this pain."

Now, I say: They can go through such a things, WE CAN FIND WAYS TO HELP THEM, diffuse our word, not to keep silent, not to keep ours eyes closed. But to open our hearts for some upper goals. To understand that battle for Kosovo is our personal battle, which we nohow want to lose.

Offline juan

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2006, 04:25:52 AM »
American council for Kosovo: http://www.savekosovo.org/default.asp "Don't help create new rogue state!"

Offline Sloga

• High Elder
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2006, 04:43:37 PM »
Everything what was happened with Kosovo&Metohija should be big stimulus for us, Serbs to flame for its survival. And this is not a phrase. Even more, that what happening last years should agitate our hearts, and not just by media to "be informed" and wait to see what will be. World politicians and media pressuring us to accept loosing of Kos&Met, but we also should pressuring them with rejecting of their impost. Our accepting of this impost and pusillanimity with events concern us, for "them" is clearance of their intents. Let all of us understand where we really are and that they tangle in something which is HOLY for us, they desecrate our souls.

ÃƒÆ’‚  ÃƒÆ’‚  ÃƒÆ’‚  ÃƒÆ’‚  ÃƒÆ’‚  Kosovo is OURS, and loosing of Kosovo is loosing of personal identity of all of us. I know that there is a few who want to help, but don't know how, but there is much bigger number of Serbs, who don't  know what is happening with Kosovo&Metohija, even don't know about 2004. year events. Burning of our churches and monasteries and terror to our people. The last thing we CAN do is to everywhere and before everyone to express our story.

ÃƒÆ’‚  ÃƒÆ’‚  ÃƒÆ’‚  ÃƒÆ’‚  ÃƒÆ’‚  I'm a sister of one of the monks from Holy Archangels' Monastery and I know which torture they have past and passing through. None could be indifferent. They were watching until their monastery was burned, until someone carried away them. Just imagine: someone carry away you and others burning your house. But it is not just a house. Let understand a word "SANCTITY". It is not a phrase. They could everywhere in world to wade us - but is it possible to wade us in ours - in immortal sanctity. Everything we can do looks to small that monks do and other Serbs do in Kosovo, but all we can do is huge for them and huge for Kosovo&Metohija.

ÃƒÆ’‚  ÃƒÆ’‚  ÃƒÆ’‚  ÃƒÆ’‚  ÃƒÆ’‚  Our mother once was on surgery. She was afraid because surgery in post-bombarded Serbia had been planed without anesthesia. Then, when she had recalled how that is insignificantly comparing with Kosovo monks' troubles, she said: "They can go through such a things, than I can withstand this pain."

ÃƒÆ’‚  ÃƒÆ’‚  ÃƒÆ’‚  ÃƒÆ’‚  ÃƒÆ’‚  Now, I say: They can go through such a things, WE CAN FIND WAYS TO HELP THEM, diffuse our word, not to keep silent, not to keep ours eyes closed. But to open our hearts for some upper goals. To understand that battle for Kosovo is our personal battle, which we nohow want to lose.

sister, I understand where your coming from, but as usual, the problem is within the serbian identity and unity. Here in Canada (and US I'm sure), many many serbs are becoming assimilated to the point where they cannot speak serbian anymore. Even serbs that do act patriotic, many of them pathetically do not even know what Kosovo means to us, but rather that it should only stay serbian.

telling "serbs" to support Kosovo is a useless and stupid thing until all of them are educated about the history and meaning behind Kosovo an Metohija. Many serbs are not even truly Orthodox anymore (Assimilation in the Diaspora), and for that, how can we save the cradle of our Serbian Orthodox heritage? Also, how can we unite to protect what is ours when there is so much inner-conflict between Serbs?

What is happening in Kosovo is our punishment for disunity and naiveness. We must focus on repairing the soon to be endangered Serbian culture and heritage, then and only then can we save Kosovo......

Offline sanja81

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2006, 01:53:05 PM »
The problem is that a many Serbs are not even interested in their own history. If they want to be educated in it - they would know how.

Offline Timos

• High Elder
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2006, 02:44:26 PM »
... don't  know what is happening with Kosovo&Metohija, even don't know about 2004. year events. Burning of our churches and monasteries and terror to our people.

Forgive my ignorance bt what happened in 2004. I remember around 2004, on Come Receive the Light Orthodox Radio program, a priest told of some monasteries which have been burned and some nuns who had been either shamed or murdered by the muslims.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 02:46:18 PM by Timos »

Offline Timos

• High Elder
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2006, 02:47:13 PM »
(i made a mistake with the quote)
... don't  know what is happening with Kosovo&Metohija, even don't know about 2004. year events. Burning of our churches and monasteries and terror to our people.

Forgive my ignorance bt what happened in 2004. I remember around 2004, on Come Receive the Light Orthodox Radio program, a priest told of some monasteries which have been burned and some nuns who had been either shamed or murdered by the muslims.

Offline SouthSerb99

• Archbishop of Shlivo, Patriarch of All Vodkas & Defender Against All Overstepping!
  • Site Supporter
  • Archon
  • Now Internet Forum Friendly
    • Save Kosovo
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2006, 05:42:13 PM »
(i made a mistake with the quote)

Not ignorance at all.  The fact that you ask, puts you light years ahead of others.

Here are some articles, so I don't color your ideas with my personal bias.

http://www.antiwar.com/malic/?articleid=2164

http://www.kosovo.net/news/archive/2006/March_18/2.html

First article is by Nebojsa Malic, a Serb in Chicago, second is a series of articles from the SOC.
"Wherever you go, there you are."
 Guy from my office

Orthodox Archbishopric of Ohrid
Hungry? Click Here

Offline Sloga

• High Elder
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2006, 06:03:47 PM »
I havent checked the articles, but the riots started after "2 albanian kids drowned in the river running from Serbs". It has become official that the 3rd surviving child admitted there were no Serbs involved.

Offline juan

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2006, 06:10:59 AM »
The problem is that a many Serbs are not even interested in their own history. If they want to be educated in it - they would know how.

Now, it is not main problem that Orthodox don't know the history of Fourth Holy Land: (Jerusalem, Mont Athos, Kiev and Kosovo&Metohija). They don't know present situation in K&M:
-Everyday persecutions
-Everyday expelation
-Catholic Lobbying for independence of one Narco-mafia land,
-Betrayal of many corrupted Serbs (Even Kosovo.net),
Very long time I was asking myself how to call state system in Kosovo: It is not classical fascism, nor communism, nor even jihad. It is mixture of everything this. I think best name is totalitarian surrealism.
Please, find Holland film: "Brooklyn connection", and everything will be clear to you.
For more informations svarhangeli@hotmail.com or http://whymonastery.blogspot.com/ , http://www.savekosovo.org/default.asp , http://www.bannerofliberty.com/
« Last Edit: May 25, 2006, 06:14:48 AM by juan »

Offline aurelia

• High Elder
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2006, 09:03:17 AM »
I know this question is dangerously close to the edge of not allowed, but would someone please point me in the direction of some hard facts about Kosovo? I have a friend in the US military who last I heard is stationed there...why  Just within the last 6 months? I didn't know we were even there/still there. Just point me in the direction so I can find out for myself, I don't want to germinate anything that would step over the US political discussion no-no line. thanks.

Offline serb1389

• Merarches
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2006, 10:33:24 AM »
You should just google KFOR (Kosovo Force) which is a NATO led "peace-keeping force" in Kosovo and the U.S. is a part of NATO.  So that's the short answer for why your friend is there. 

To help out with that peace-keeping there have been national guardsmen there, Texas Rangers, regular police, all kinds of groups from the US.  I have a picture of a Texas Ranger watching a priest do Liturgy in Kosovo so that he doesn't get attacked.  If I find it i'll post it....

Offline Timos

• High Elder
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2006, 10:10:17 AM »
In my area, we've got a mlticultural festival. The News presented a short article on a young Serbian dancer's thoughts and feelings on dancing and the Kosovo situation:

By Julia Le

"Conflict Weary Yong People Come to Dance"

Children shouldn't grow up seeing bombs and living in fear. For many teens in a town in Kosovo though, that's all they've ever known.
"Life is hard because we are not free", said 17 year old Christina Petcovic.

She said she feels like a bird in a cage. She's not allowed to go to other cities because the majority are Albanian-dmoniated and she fears conflict.
Petcovic is one of twenty teens who arrived last wednesday for a 10-day visit to perform traditional Serbian dance in Toronto and Mississauga.  Included are this weekend's Carassauga Festival at the Serbian Pavillion @ St. Sava Serbian Centre.

Rada Micic, who arranged the trip, said the children are from Kosovska Kamenica in Kosovo, where they are isolated and live in restricted conditions.
"They don't have freedom of going anywhere else. They go home and to school," said Mimic, 49. "They always fear that violence will spark...dark comes down and they can't go outside."

Mimic, a Brampton resident, attends All Serbian Saints Orthodox Church in Mississauga regularly. She was touched emotionally by the children while on a trip to war-torn Serbia.
"Hope still lives on even though 3 or 4 years have passed", said Mimic.

After seeing children living in poverty while on a trip to Kosovo, Mimic decided she wanted to help them see a better life.
"The next step was to open the door to show them another world", said Mimic.

Along with her husband, Mimic spent the past year doing stage performances in the Serbian community across the GTA.  The performances raised $25,000 for the children's airplane tickets.
Petcovic said she's happy to be in Canada.

"It's so different from my country", said Petcovic."...I'm going everywhere here and it's very fun".
She and the other have been to Canada's Wonderland, Niagara Falls, the CN Tower, and the Ontario Science Centre.

"These children are so precious, so innocent and pure and so humble with everything they've seen here already," said Mimic.

Mimic said the Carassauga performance means more than just a dance and song for the teens.
"It's dancing for a future, for hope. It's not just your regular folklore group", said Mimic. "This is what they live for. This is the only way they will reach out somewhere else other than their home and school."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our Greek dance group goes and dances at the Serbian pavillion and then they come and dance at ours. We do the same thing with the Cypriots, so it's really nice to see other orthodox people performing something.

Offline juan

« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2006, 08:08:03 AM »
Thank you Timos for such beautiful text. It is hard to describe by words how live Serbian children in Banana Republic of Kosova. We will publish this on our weblog with adequate picture. I hope you wouldn't have anything against.

Offline Timos

• High Elder
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2006, 12:07:02 PM »
of course not, part of the point of my posting it was to show that a part of the media does see the truth even if it is a very minimal part of media.

Offline juan

« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2006, 03:11:43 AM »
Today is remembering day of our firsth Martyr most reverend father Chariton. Let pray for him, and I believe this prayers will go to our benefit, because he is with all Holy reposed Fathers. His firsth fresco is in our resurected Chapel of Lazarus' resurection.
http://byzantinesacredart.com/blog/2006/06/kosovo-new-martyrs.html

Offline ikonophile

« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2006, 04:05:37 AM »
A friend and I are in the very beginning stages of planning a trip to Kosovo. Our hope is to travel there and document what's going on through photographs. We're planning on printing a photography book that first covers the history,the conflict and then the bulk will be photos from our travels. Proceeds going to aid the monasteries in the region, this is the best way we could think of getting more attention to the situation and help out financially. This is at least a year off, and normally I would keep our upcoming projects underwraps for obvious reasons. But if, God forbid, something were to keeps us from printing these, I'd like the idea to be out there for anyone able to pick up.

I have seen smaller pamphlets done like this, but have I've yet to see anything out there in the mainstream, with more than just a brief overview of what going on. This exact idea may have struck another person and be out there. Unfortunately most of what I've seen have been short articles, or entire series devoted to the "Serb monsters", and how the other side is suffering from their terror.

If anyone knows of any photographers who may be willing to help and contribute a few personal photos, please contact me

Offline ikonophile

« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2006, 04:07:45 AM »
After reading back through that, I realize I should have started another thread. I wasn't planning on bearing all at first. :-[ Forgive me for being so bold

Offline juan

« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2006, 05:40:53 AM »
There is some Kosovo photo galeries:
http://www.dozet.net/
http://www.kosmet-online.org/forum/album_cat.php?cat_id=1
http://www.kosmet-online.org/foto/
Happy Vidovdan (Saint Vitus day), and Saint Great Martyr Duke Lazarus of Kosovo to all Serbs and all Orth. Christians.
Today is also Saint Ephrem, the Bulgarian, Serbian patriarch in time of Kosovo battle, who was in one period a hermit in cave near Holy Archangels' Monastery.

Offline Psalti Boy

• High Elder
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2006, 05:55:36 AM »
Dear all,
We kindly request you to visit our blog http://whymonastery.blogspot.com .
The aim of this is to inform people and make financial support to Holy Archangels’ Monastery near Prizren, in troubled Serbian province Kosovo and Metohija.

Correct me if I am wrong, but . . . I thought we weren't supposed to use OC.net to raise money.

Offline juan

« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2006, 03:13:56 PM »
Don't worry, we didn't get any dollar by this way. We got just moral support which is, maybe, most important.
If you were somehow in Kosovo&Metohija as Orth. Christian just 10 minutes you would be carefull with such comments.
So, our Patrimonal feast day is 26. July, Saint Archangel Gabriel (julian calendar). You are invited.

Offline Psalti Boy

• High Elder
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2006, 03:46:07 PM »
If you were somehow in Kosovo&Metohija as Orth. Christian just 10 minutes you would be carefull with such comments.

That's not some kind of threat, now is it???

Offline Sloga

• High Elder
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2006, 04:51:52 PM »
That's not some kind of threat, now is it???

No its obviously not and if you read it again I'm sure youd understand

Offline Psalti Boy

• High Elder
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2006, 08:13:27 PM »
No its obviously not and if you read it again I'm sure youd understand

OK.  I read it again.  Still sounds the same.

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
  • May the Lord bless you and keep you always!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2006, 11:28:55 PM »
OK.  I read it again.  Still sounds the same.

I could be wrong, but it seems like he's implying two things with his comment to you:

1. As an Orthodox Christian, you would be under attack...
2. As such, you wouldn't be concerned about the etiquette/rules of the forum, you'd be just concerned with helping Orthodox institutions at all costs.

I'm probably reading too much into it!
I don't typically presume to speak for Mor
You can presume to speak for Mor.  

How in Mor's good name
one hundred fifty four posts
No Rachel Weisz pic

Selam

Offline Psalti Boy

• High Elder
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2006, 12:00:01 AM »
Yeah, well I've had enough of this thread too.  See ya!!