OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 01, 2014, 10:52:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NBC is looking for a few good Muslim men  (Read 1028 times) Average Rating: 0
Nacho
OC.net guru

Faith: EasternOrthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

The face of Corporate America

« on: April 05, 2006, 03:05:53 AM »

Taken from Michelle Malkin's blog -
http://michellemalkin.com/archives/004920.htm

Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 13:05:54 -0800 (PST)
From: Subject: Looking for Muslim Males to participate in NBC Dateline Segment

[Forwarded]

Salam,

I hope everyone is doing well.

I have been talking with a producer of the NBC Dateline show and he is in the process of filming a piece on anti-Muslim and anti-Arab discrimination in the USA. They are looking for some Muslim male candidates for their show who would be willing to go to non-Muslim gatherings and see if they attract any
discriminatory comments or actions while being filmed.

They recently taped two turbaned Sikh men attending a football game in Arizona to see how people would treat them. They set them up with hidden microphones and cameras, etc.

They want to do the same thing 2 or 3 other times (in various parts of the USA) with one or two Muslim men in each setting. They are looking for men who actually "look Muslim". They want a guy with no foreign accent whatsoever, a good thick beard, an outgoing personality, and someone willing to wear a kufi/skullcap during the filming.

They also want someone who is fairly well accomplished and has contributed to American society at large in some meaningful way.

That said, I'm urgently looking for someone who can be filmed this April 1st weekend at a Nascar event (and other smaller events) in Virginia. NBC is willing to fly in someone and cover their weekend expenses. The filming would take place all day on Saturday and Sunday.

------------------

Oh yea... no agenda from KGBc, I mean NBC here...Turbans and NASCAR? Nah, nothing strange there....
For their next assignment,white 'waspy' patriotic Americans will be asked to infiltrate al Qaeda and other secret terror organizations to "see if they attract any discriminatory comments or actions while being filmed." ......... Roll Eyes

These morons in the media are such idiots. They create a situation, one vastly different then 'naturally' occurs, then make a big deal when people are surprised at the Muslim presence at a NASCAR event. Hell, might as well send a couple of 'brothers' to a KKK rally, and 'prove' how biased America is! What a bunch of jerk-offs. I guess this is why I never watch television or listen to radio accept for a few exceptional talents like Michael Savage once in awhile.

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."--Mere Christianity
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 05:05:39 AM »

One would expect some looks, that is common sense. "Go back to Iraq you terrorist scum!" comments would be crossing the line, however. I've watched a few of the Dateline shows, including two on child predators, and the one where a woman was being abused in public and also a cab driver made racist comments in front of people. In none of the cases did the person seem to be unfairly luring a person into a situation just to make them look bad, or promote some liberal agenda. Much like the show Black:White, they seem mostly to just want to see how people will respond, and try to figure out a way to fix some of the problems.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 05:06:18 AM by Asteriktos » Logged

"Change is the process of becoming more like who we are."
annaspencer

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Russian Orthodox

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 03:16:35 PM »

Ah how naive! The media just want to help people and show the 'real problems' Ha! Did you not read the original post? ...even without reading it just watch some tv, the media is there to make a sensation, to make money. Unfortunately,it's not there to tell the unbiased truth, that's just not interesting enough!
Psalti Boy
High Elder

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Don't need one

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 03:53:26 PM »

As a former freelance member of the press in NYC, this reminds me of some of the slow news days when we would just about do anything do get a story.  We would spin the actual description of the story to the assignment editors, just to get them to look at what we shot, and hope they would buy it.    I wonder if they will show any positive reactions.  That's why I when I watch, listen to or read the news, I really disect it to find some truth.

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 05:50:08 PM »

Certainly the media engage in sensationalism and want to make money... and I am also constantly amazed (when I know one or two things about something) how much incorrect information gets published for multitudes to see. Nonetheless, such shows do do some good, and certainly make some people think. They make ME think, anyway. I consider that a positive contribution, whatever their motivation is.

"Change is the process of becoming more like who we are."
Psalti Boy
High Elder

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Don't need one

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 06:43:32 PM »

It would be nice once in a while to see more positive news stories, not only by the broadcast networks but the cable networks as well.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: