OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 01, 2014, 02:42:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charlie Sheen is an idiot  (Read 6580 times) Average Rating: 0
Psalti Boy
High Elder

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Don't need one

« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2006, 01:38:21 AM »

How are we defining Hippie?  By lifestyle or by era?
Mo the Ethio
Proud Capitalist
Elder

Faith: Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2006, 01:47:08 AM »

Is there a difference? If so , please enlighten us.

"Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names."
- John F. Kennedy (1917-1963)
Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2006, 01:53:47 AM »

You'd love my ENG 101 class, Mathew.... tonight's assignment is about how President' Kennedy's protestant fundamentalism led America into the Vietnam war (I'm dead serious on the protestant fundamentalism part).  Honestly.  And the week before spring break it was showing how detaining TERRORISTS at camp X-ray is the moral equivillent of the Iranian hostage crisis.  Honestly I don't get it.  Yeah it's a free A, but I feel like I've sold out my soul.    
Mo the Ethio
Proud Capitalist
Elder

Faith: Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2006, 02:23:33 AM »

[quote author=Νεκτάριος link=topic=8538.msg112977#msg112977 date=1143179627]
You'd love my ENG 101 class, Mathew.... tonight's assignment is about how President' Kennedy's protestant fundamentalism led America into the Vietnam war (I'm dead serious on the protestant fundamentalism part).  Honestly.  And the week before spring break it was showing how detaining TERRORISTS at camp X-ray is the moral equivillent of the Iranian hostage crisis.  Honestly I don't get it.  Yeah it's a free A, but I feel like I've sold out my soul.   ÃƒÆ’‚Â
[/quote]
 I WANNA GET WARNED TOO......It would look so cool with my Godfather avatar Grin

"Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names."
- John F. Kennedy (1917-1963)
Matthew777
Warned
Archon

Seek and ye shall find

« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2006, 03:18:51 AM »

While my previous lifestyle could be described as "hippie", my life right now would probably be boring to the average person. I'm usually either watching Comedy Central or CNN, reading spiritual books or doing homework. I date but mostly out of fear that not dating equates to being socially abnormal.

Peace.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 03:21:39 AM by Matthew777 » Logged

He who has a why to live for can bear with almost any how. - Friedrich Nietzsche
www.aramaicpeshitta.com
http://www.mechon-mamre.org/e/et/et0.htm
Keble
All-Knowing Grand Wizard of Debunking
Archon

« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2006, 07:28:43 AM »

I never supported Sheen on this, I merely stated the obvious that he is smarter than TomS. This is an interesting theory to consider that may very well be true, but there really is no need for a theory in the first place.

I personally think you are back peddling like mad, but what the heck. I also think that Mr. Sheen's career shows lamentable judgement, but what the heck.

If you really ask yourself "Why weren't these video's showed over and over and over again on the mainstream media outlets like they did the collapse's of the Twin Towers?" and wait for answers to come to you, it might occur to you that

(a) the footage of the WTC 7 collapse is nowhere near as good,

(b) the fall of a maybe 20 story building simply isn't as impressive anyway, and

(c) nobody died when it fell.

Or maybe even (d) 3/4s of the people out there don't even realize that there was more to the WTC than just the two towers.

And in case you may not have noticed, Mr. Sheen is an entertainment figure. I Googled the story, and gosh, it didn't appear in the real media at all (except CNN). It only appeared in the entertainment journals, and there largely to laugh at him. After all, isn't it entertaining when a media figure makes a fool out of himself?

Smarter than TomS? I don't think so.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 07:29:09 AM by Keble » Logged
jmbejdl
Count-Palatine James the Spurious of Giggleswick on the Naze
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Church of Romania

Great Martyr St. John the New of Suceava

« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2006, 08:06:14 AM »

[quote author=Νεκτάριος link=topic=8538.msg112977#msg112977 date=1143179627]
You'd love my ENG 101 class, Mathew.... tonight's assignment is about how President' Kennedy's protestant fundamentalism led America into the Vietnam war (I'm dead serious on the protestant fundamentalism part).  Honestly.  And the week before spring break it was showing how detaining TERRORISTS at camp X-ray is the moral equivillent of the Iranian hostage crisis.  Honestly I don't get it.  Yeah it's a free A, but I feel like I've sold out my soul.   ÃƒÆ’‚Â
[/quote]

Huh? I hope you pointed out that Kennedy was an Irish Catholic. How on earth can any educational institution (where and what is it, by the way, so that I can make a note to tell everyone I know to steer clear?) get away with teaching rubbish that is so easily proven false? I'm sure that even if I'd never heard of Kennedy before it would take all of about 30 seconds research (just confirmed it - several of the top hits on googling JFK point out that he was the first and only RC US president) for me to smell the bullsh*t.

James

We owe greater gratitude to those who humble us, wrong us, and douse us with venom, than to those who nurse us with honour and sweet words, or feed us with tasty food and confections, for bile is the best medicine for our soul. - Elder Paisios of Mount Athos
SouthSerb99
Archbishop of Shlivo, Patriarch of All Vodkas & Defender Against All Overstepping!
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Serbian Orthodox Church

Now Internet Forum Friendly

« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2006, 09:22:39 AM »

Locked for political discussion and silly name calling.

"Wherever you go, there you are."
 Guy from my office

Orthodox Archbishopric of Ohrid
Hungry? Click Here
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: