OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 31, 2014, 12:35:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charlie Sheen is an idiot  (Read 6533 times) Average Rating: 0
TomS
Banned
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

"Look At Me! Look At Me Now! " - Bono

« on: March 23, 2006, 03:13:28 PM »

Charlie Sheen doesn’t buy 9/11 spin
By Inside Track
Thursday, March 23, 2006

Charlie Sheen, following in the footsteps of his politically outspoken father, Martin Sheen, has joined the chorus of conspiracy theorists who don’t believe the official version of events surrounding 9/11.

ÃƒÆ’‚  ÃƒÆ’‚ The estranged husband of Denise Richards, who is better known for his affinity for prostitutes and gambling than his Homeland Security credentials, told the GCN Radio Network he doesn’t buy the government’s explanation that “19 amateurs with box cutters (took) over four commercial airliners and (hit) 75 percent of their targets.”

ÃƒÆ’‚  ÃƒÆ’‚ The “Two and a Half Men” star, who was shooting his former sitcom “Spin City” the morning the World Trade Center towers fell, said he was immediately suspicious about the official reason given for the buildings’ collapse. After watching in horror as the South Tower was hit, he said to his brother, “call me insane, but did it sorta look like those buildings came down in a controlled demolition?”  

ÃƒÆ’‚  ÃƒÆ’‚ Sheen pointed out that eyewitnesses recounted hearing what sounded like bombs and explosions coming from the basement levels of the buildings and discounted the theory that the damage to the towers’ lobbies was the result of fireballs traveling 110 feet down elevator shafts.

ÃƒÆ’‚  ÃƒÆ’‚ The father of two also questioned whether a plane actually hit the Pentagon and how President George Bush was able to see the first plane hit the north tower, when no live footage of that incident was carried.

ÃƒÆ’‚  ÃƒÆ’‚ “I guess one of the perks of being president is that you get access to TV channels that don’t exist in the known universe,” the actor-turned-pseudo-intellect quipped.

ÃƒÆ’‚  ÃƒÆ’‚  “It is up to us to reveal the truth,” Sheen asserted. “We owe it to everybody’s life who was drastically altered, horrifically that day and forever. We owe it to them to uncover what happened.”

ÃƒÆ’‚  ÃƒÆ’‚ Excuse us if we don’t exactly feel that Charlie’s the man for that job!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 03:14:08 PM by TomS » Logged
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: Agnostic

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 04:05:40 PM »

call me insane

Ok. You're insane. And not very funny either (except in Major League, though that was mostly Snipes). Grin
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 04:07:51 PM »

Wow... I'm a celebrity, sort of, so I get to run off my mouth about whatever I like, even if its completely moronic...great.

{extreme sarcasm}
Ever wonder how the world would be improved if they made the pill retroactive?

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Matthew777
Warned
Archon

Seek and ye shall find

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2006, 04:15:43 PM »

Tom, Sheen is obviously smarter than you for multiple reasons.

"World Trade Center Building 7, a 47 story tower suddenly and mysteriously collapsed at about 5:30 in the afternoon on September 11th, 2001.  There was no investigation as to what caused this giant steel structured building to collapse.  WTC 7 collapsed neatly in on itself in a "controlled demolition" manner.  Click the links below and judge for yourself.

Click here for a video of the collapse of WTC 7.

Click here for another view of the collapse of WTC 7.  Here, Dan Rather points out that the collapse of all 3 buildings on 9-11 appeared to be "controlled demolitions".

Click here for one more view of the collapse of WTC7.

Click here to watch Larry Silverstein's (lease owner of the WTC) startling admission that they "pulled" WTC7.  "Pull" is an industry term for the controlled demolition of a building.  This clip taken from the PBS documentary "America Rebuilds".

Click here for an in-depth analysis of the collapse of WTC 7 by Alex Jones and is an exerpt from Alex's weekly TV show aired in Austin Texas.  Alex discusses WTC 7 including the admission by Larry Silverstein in a PBS documentary that they "pulled" the building in the afternoon on 9-11-01.  "Pulling" a building is an industry term for a controlled demolition. ÂÂ

Click here for a website devoted to the collapse of WTC 7.

You have to ask yourself, Why weren't these video's showed over and over and over again on the mainstream media outlets like they did the collapse's of the Twin Towers???"
http://www.colorado911visibility.org/building7.html

Peace.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 04:17:39 PM by Matthew777 » Logged

He who has a why to live for can bear with almost any how. - Friedrich Nietzsche
www.aramaicpeshitta.com
http://www.mechon-mamre.org/e/et/et0.htm
TomS
Banned
Archon

Jurisdiction: GOA

"Look At Me! Look At Me Now! " - Bono

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2006, 04:32:20 PM »

Well, if we needed any further proof that Martin Sheen is a card carrying member of the American Idiots Club, the last post just confirmed it.
SouthSerb99
Archbishop of Shlivo, Patriarch of All Vodkas & Defender Against All Overstepping!
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Serbian Orthodox Church

Now Internet Forum Friendly

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2006, 04:36:17 PM »

M777,

ÃƒÆ’‚  ÃƒÆ’‚ Sorry to burst your bubble, but I was one of the unfortunate ones who had a front row seat to the entire event.  My office was (and still is) across the street).  Every morning my Path train comes through the remains of the WTC.

ÃƒÆ’‚  ÃƒÆ’‚ Stop listening to the ridiculous conspiracy theories.  These wackos were all over the streets yesterday handing out flyers on this same theory.

ÃƒÆ’‚  ÃƒÆ’‚  I was here, there were NO explosions.  I heard (and felt the first plane) and saw the second.  It felt like an earthquake (that is what that type of impact will do).

ÃƒÆ’‚  ÃƒÆ’‚  I suppose you also subscribe to the belief that "the Jews did it" and they were all out for the day.  In fact, being the only non-Jewish attorney in my office, I reminded them all about this yesterday.  However, nobody gave up the secret, these darn Jews are just so tight lipped.

"Wherever you go, there you are."
 Guy from my office

Orthodox Archbishopric of Ohrid
Hungry? Click Here
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2006, 04:38:33 PM »

If Charlie sheen were right, there would have already been a "deep throat" to out it from the FBI, CIA, NSA, etc.  As it stands, the whole "judge it for yourself - it looks like a controlled demolition" argument doesn't fly because a) people don't routinely watch controlled demolition, but we're claiming they can be expert enough to tell the subtle difference, b) the physics of what happened to the towers according to the prevalent theory (i.e. two planes, since the majority of people who were there saw two planes hit the building, the surviving firefighters talk about the fires, etc) is sound, and adequately explains what happened on that day without making any logical stretches.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
JoeS
(aka StMarkEofE)
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: OCA

Global Warming Enthusiast.

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2006, 04:49:13 PM »

If Charlie sheen were right, there would have already been a "deep throat" to out it from the FBI, CIA, NSA, etc.  As it stands, the whole "judge it for yourself - it looks like a controlled demolition" argument doesn't fly because a) people don't routinely watch controlled demolition, but we're claiming they can be expert enough to tell the subtle difference, b) the physics of what happened to the towers according to the prevalent theory (i.e. two planes, since the majority of people who were there saw two planes hit the building, the surviving firefighters talk about the fires, etc) is sound, and adequately explains what happened on that day without making any logical stretches.

Simply put, any building left burning by itself for as many hours as WTC7 did will eventually fall in on itself on its own merely by the lack of support from frames that have already melted under the intense heat plus any masonary support would have been so brittle by that time that it would just powerder up.  Remember there was no fire department available to even start putting out this fire.  

Former volunteer Firefighter
SouthSerb99
Archbishop of Shlivo, Patriarch of All Vodkas & Defender Against All Overstepping!
Site Supporter
Archon

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2006, 04:54:17 PM »

I once found cat poop three feet out of the litter box.  The poop had evidence that it had been in the litter box at some point, but mysteriously found its way three feet outside the box.

My wife and I made the only logical conclusion.

Little goblins lifted to poop out of the box, placed it in a conspicuous area, so that we know the goblins are with us. Cool

Guy from my office

Hungry? Click Here
Nacho
OC.net guru

Faith: EasternOrthodox

The face of Corporate America

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2006, 05:04:42 PM »

OMG.......another hollywood 'halfwit' who thinks he knows more than the rest of us....I didn't know besides being an actor that he was an expert in building construction. These hollywood types, when do they find the time to do all of this?

Hey M777, how do you explain the recorded phone calls from people on those planes that described the islamo-fascist hijackers to their loved ones & other people they were calling? Why don't you consult the other Bush haters on that missed little tidbit and get back to the rest of us big boys. Until then, we'll just snicker and laugh and the obvious blunders of your post.

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."--Mere Christianity
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2006, 05:13:35 PM »

Of course, anyone who gives credence to the arguments of the half-wit Sheen can't be reasoned with through physics, testimonials from former volunteer firefighters, phone calls, and other evidence...

---------------------
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2006, 05:24:23 PM »

Tom, Sheen is obviously smarter than you for multiple reasons.

Who is smarter I don't know (though I have my ideas) but I doubt that he is in any way qualified to judge what happened.  Is he a structual engineer?  Is he an architect?  Is he in any way versed in how buildings stay up and how they fall?  Is he a member of Controlled Demolitions, Inc of Phoenix Maryland or the Loizeaux family who started it and are experts in the field?
http://www.controlled-demolition.com/default.asp?reqLocId=2

Are you learning any of these subjects so that you can offer an educated opinion on how structures work and what happens when catastrophic failure, such as has not happened before, occurs?  I recommend "American Ground: Unbuilding the World Trade Center" by William Langewiesche a book based on his series in The Atlantic in 2002 that looked at the structure of the buildings and what happened that day.  

As to his doubt that a plane hit the Pentagon:  Bobby!! Where is the emoticon of banging ones head on a wall or keyboard?!?   I need one!!

One of my brothers-in-law was in an office of an inner ring of that side of the Pentagon that morning.  He was high enough up that the plane went under his floor and it stayed up so that he and his workmates could escape. (He left his wallet and keys on his desk and had to walk home.  We didn't know if he was alive for a while.)  A woman in the Science Fiction club I belong to lost her brother on that plane.  There were eyewitnesses to the plane coming in.  The Pentagon is not hidden or isolated; it has highways going by it.  

Ebor

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2006, 05:31:23 PM »

Oh yea... my brother's godfather works for the DOD - the wing of the 'gon that was hit, part of it was being remodeled, and he was one of the fortunate ones who had been relocated to another building.  No doubts about the plane - he went and saw it.

---------------------
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2006, 05:38:26 PM »

Thanks. Cleveland.  

There you go. Two reports of people who were *actually* there that day.

No plane hit the Pentagon, my eye!!

Roll Eyes

Ebor

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

Matthew777
Warned
Archon

Seek and ye shall find

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2006, 06:08:55 PM »

It takes weeks to prepare a building for demolition. If we have the owner of the World Trade Center admitting that WTC7 was bombed, how much of a stretch is it that the Twin Towers were bombed also? Think of it, can jet fuel really do that to a building designed to withstand such a crash?

Peace.

He who has a why to live for can bear with almost any how. - Friedrich Nietzsche
www.aramaicpeshitta.com
Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2006, 06:16:38 PM »

Roll Eyes....
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 06:19:00 PM by ΝεκτάρÃÅ » Logged
Matthew777
Warned
Archon

Seek and ye shall find

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2006, 06:24:21 PM »

Hey M777, how do you explain the recorded phone calls from people on those planes that described the islamo-fascist hijackers to their loved ones & other people they were calling?

You've totally missed the point. No one disputes that planes hit the World Trade Center. What one would argue is this was a diversion and that bombs within the towers are what really caused the collapse. The WTC was designed to withhold the impact of a Boeing 747.

Why Indeed Did the WTC Buildings Collapse?
By Steven E. Jones
Department of Physics and Astronomy
Brigham Young University
Provo, UT 84602
http://www.physics.byu.edu/research/energy/htm7.html

Fire Dept Tape Invalidates
Key Points Official 911 Story
By Robert Anderson (c) 2003
TOP_VIEW Internet News Inc.
8-3-3
www.thetruthseeker.co.uk/category.asp?id=46&order=az

Remember, we already have the confession from the WTC owner that a demolition took place.

Peace.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 06:27:47 PM by Matthew777 » Logged

www.aramaicpeshitta.com
Bizzlebin
Theologian
High Elder

Faith: Orthodoxy

MonkBot, Go Forth!

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2006, 06:39:55 PM »

The WTC was designed to withhold the impact of a Boeing 747.

Is that so? The first commercial 747 flight was in 1970, and the first 747's rolled of the assembly line in 1968. Compare this to the WTC. The plans were drawn up starting in 1962, and the construction began in 1966. So, how could the WTC center prepare for a 747 crash when the 747 wasn't even around!? I suggest you dig a little deeper next time...

Fashions and opinions among men may change, but the Orthodox tradition remains ever the same, no matter how few may follow it.

-- Fr. Seraphim Rose
Keble
All-Knowing Grand Wizard of Debunking
Archon

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2006, 06:49:24 PM »

Matthew, if you'd bother to do some reading you might have answers to those questions. In the first place, it wasn't the fuel from the planes that brought the buildings down: it was the fuel in the buildings. Carpets, cubicle partitions, furniture, and above all, tons upon tons of paper burned; the jet fuel was simply tinder.

Second, I've seen plenty of controlled demolition shots on TV. The structure acts as if a huge hole had just opened up underneath it, and it appears to simply slide into the ground. Sheen thinks it makes him sound intelligent to say "controlled demolition" instead of "blown up", but how controlled is it when neighboring buildings have huge rents in their sides from two and three story pieces of the WTC towers striking them? I've seen those pictures too.

It's well known that the WTC 7 collapse was analomous. Sometimes these things happen. It burned, and it collapsed. Everyone was bloody lucky it didn't tip over. End of true story.
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2006, 06:54:52 PM »

It takes weeks to prepare a building for demolition. If we have the owner of the World Trade Center admitting that WTC7 was bombed, how much of a stretch is it that the Twin Towers were bombed also? Think of it, can jet fuel really do that to a building designed to withstand such a crash?

Peace.

Did you copy your earlier post verbatim? Because except for the last one I don't show any clickable links in it.  And as to the owner saying they "pulled" WT7 I am very dubious as to what is meant and if that is what he said.

OK. Here we are again with the jet fuel and the WTC was build to withstand a crash.  It will take some digging through all the schlock conspiracy theories on-line to find the actual specs for what the towers were supposed to withstand in a plane crash, but it wasn't just the plane hitting. The jet fuel and the explosion when the planes hit started fires.  There was plenty of burnable material there: paper, furnishings and such.  Steel doesn't just stay hard until it goes liquid, it softens and weakens and bends. So the answer can be "Yes" jet fuel with all of the other things burning can do that.

The support structure of the towers was interesting in that it was along the outside as well as internal.  Here is the HowStuffWorks page about "The Tube"

http://people.howstuffworks.com/wtc2.htm

The structural damage lead to the upper floors falling like a stack of pancakes to hit lower floors that were *not* made to withstand the weight of the upper part of the building falling on them.  Some thoughts from the MIT Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering:

With the limited information available right now, we are looking at a three-step failure mechanism that occurred at different scales of the two WTC towers.
1. The impact of the plane at one or several floors of the WTC: The building was designed for the horizontal impact of a large commercial aircraft, and the towers did indeed withstand the impact and the following explosion which may have destroyed one or more floors. This destruction should have locally reduced the resistance of the columns in the core (and eventually also at the perimeter) to buckling. Even so, the resistance was strong enough to carry the loads of the upper floors for approximately one hour.

2. The failure of the impacted floor system: The explosion following the impact may have destroyed some of the thermal insulation around the steel columns. The 60 tons of flaming jet fuel easily raised temperatures to 1,500° F or more. Exposed to such intense and prolonged heat, structural steel loses rigidity and strength. This may have caused a reduction of the buckling force of the connected 2-3 floor structural system. The column-bracing system was subjected to the load of the top floors. After about 60 minutes, local buckling of the columns became inevitable. Compared to a ductile failure, the floor system failed in a brittle way, explosively releasing the energy stored in the system. The tower with the higher load above the impacted level collapsed first, but both towers showed almost the same failure mechanism.

3. Dynamic crash of the remaining structure: The failure of the 2-3 floor system set a 25- to 30-floor mass free-falling onto the 80- to 85-floor structure below. The enormous kinetic energy released by this 2-3-floor downfall was too large to be absorbed by the structure below. The impact of this upper part onto the lower part was surely much higher than the buckling load of the columns below, which to this point may had been largely undamaged, and may have ultimately caused the explosive buckling, floor after floor, of the WTC towers. Similar to a car smashing into a wall, the towers crashed into the ground with an almost free-fall velocity.

Ebor

Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2006, 06:56:37 PM »

Is that so? The first commercial 747 flight was in 1970, and the first 747's rolled of the assembly line in 1968. Compare this to the WTC. The plans were drawn up starting in 1962, and the construction began in 1966. So, how could the WTC center prepare for a 747 crash when the 747 wasn't even around!? I suggest you dig a little deeper next time...

That's what I meant about actually finding out just *what* kind of plane the towers were designed to survive.  The "When" and "What" is important.  Thanks Bizzlebin.  Smiley

Ebor

Elisha
Protokentarchos

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2006, 06:57:12 PM »

You've totally missed the point. No one disputes that planes hit the World Trade Center. What one would argue is this was a diversion and that bombs within the towers are what really caused the collapse. The WTC was designed to withhold the impact of a Boeing 747.

Why Indeed Did the WTC Buildings Collapse?
By Steven E. Jones
Department of Physics and Astronomy
Brigham Young University
Provo, UT 84602
http://www.physics.byu.edu/research/energy/htm7.html

Fire Dept Tape Invalidates
Key Points Official 911 Story
By Robert Anderson (c) 2003
TOP_VIEW Internet News Inc.
8-3-3
www.thetruthseeker.co.uk/category.asp?id=46&order=az

Remember, we already have the confession from the WTC owner that a demolition took place.

Peace.

No, it was designed to withstand the impact of a 707 -  plane that is around the size of a 767 and no longer in regular commercial use.
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2006, 07:12:26 PM »

OK, I found the quote from Larry Silverstein, the controller and I viewed a video that is supposed to be from the PBS documentary "America Rebuilds" (note: I am suspicious enough of the Conspiracy Crew that I say "supposed" since I have not seen an actual copy of the PBS show.  cynical aren't I?) .  He says

"I remember getting a call from the, er, fire department commander, telling me that they were not sure they were gonna be able to contain the fire, and I said, 'We've had such terrible loss of life, maybe the smartest thing to do is pull it.' And they made that decision to pull and we watched the building collapse."

It is the person who puts it up here: http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/cutter.html then has a passage from a "clean up worker" saying  about the demolition of WTC 6: "... we're getting ready to pull the building six."

And then asserts that "pull" means the same thing in both cases so QED Building 7 was blown up/explosives were used.  

Sorry, that is conflating two people in different situations and times. Why would they *have* to mean pull in the same way?   Mr. Silverstein's words read to me as "pulling the plug" on trying to stop the fires.  

Some of the various meanings of "pull"
http://wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=pull

Ebor

Matthew777
Warned
Archon

Seek and ye shall find

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2006, 09:22:39 PM »

It's well known that the WTC 7 collapse was analomous. Sometimes these things happen. It burned, and it collapsed. Everyone was bloody lucky it didn't tip over. End of true story.

You've ignored the confession of the owner himself that a demolition had taken place.

www.aramaicpeshitta.com
Psalti Boy
High Elder

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Don't need one

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2006, 09:23:54 PM »

This discussion brought back many sad memories for me.  I used to work in WTC 7 in the earlt 70s and in WTC 2 in the 80s.  I know some of the firefighters who responded from Brooklyn.  I was already living upstate on 9/11, but my son worked in Manhattan not too far from the WTC, and I thank the Lord that when I called his home in Queens while watching the tragedy, he answered the phone.  He had gotten home a few hours earlier.  I call it a tragedy, not an attack, because although I want to believe that it was an attack on our country, it wouldn't surprise me if it was planned, to make it look like an attack, but by who?  It wouldn't surprise me at all.  It's unfortunate when you don't trust your own government.  It's a lousy feeling.
Matthew777
Warned
Archon

Seek and ye shall find

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2006, 09:34:06 PM »

It's unfortunate when you don't trust your own government.  It's a lousy feeling.

Actually, it can be a very liberating feeling. As Thomas Paine said, the duty of a patriot is to protect the citizenry from its government.

www.aramaicpeshitta.com
Psalti Boy
High Elder

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2006, 09:46:53 PM »

. . . the duty of a patriot is to protect the citizenry from its government.

Yeah, but let's not say it too loud.   That's our problem as a society;  we let them play that divide & conquer game with us, and we let them win.
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2006, 09:53:34 PM »

You've ignored the confession of the owner himself that a demolition had taken place.

Did you read my post just above yours?  That was no "confession" that it was demolished.  That is the interpretation a particular site maker/conspiracy follower made through conflating different people's words.
Assuming that what I saw on their link is actually what it purports to be, the first part of Mr. Silverstein's statement about  
I remember getting a call from the, er, fire department commander, telling me that they were not sure they were gonna be able to contain the fire....

then leads to the part about "pulling". It is about stopping the attempt to contain the fire, to save some of the building.  It does not say "we used explosives to bring the building down."

Ebor

Matthew777
Warned
Archon

Seek and ye shall find

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2006, 10:01:00 PM »

I'm not a fan of 9/11 conspiracy theories because they draw attention away from the main issue. Whether by conspiracy or incompetence, the Bush administration failed to prevent the attacks even though they had the resources and information to do so. If they at least tried, that would have at least been something.

www.aramaicpeshitta.com
Psalti Boy
High Elder

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2006, 10:02:56 PM »

Did you read my post just above yours?  That was no "confession" that it was demolished.  That is the interpretation a particular site maker/conspiracy follower made through conflating different people's words.
Assuming that what I saw on their link is actually what it purports to be, the first part of Mr. Silverstein's statement about ÂÂ
then leads to the part about "pulling". It is about stopping the attempt to contain the fire, to save some of the building.  It does not say "we used explosives to bring the building down."

Ebor

Yes I did read your post.  My feelings come not from 9/11 alone, but from many years of seeing & hearing things, as a member of our military during the Vietnam War, as a police officer, as a photojournalist, and as a civillian.  I don't believe every single thing I see, hear or read, but over the years you reflect and sometimes wonder what's what.
Starlight
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of USA (Ecumenical Patriarchate)

« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2006, 10:17:04 PM »

Actually, I have a B.S. in Structural Engineering. Charlie Sheen's statements are an absurd. I completely agree with conclusions of Ebor, Cleveland, JoeS, Keble, etc. Twin Towers were designed to sustain after an impact from Boeing 707 or the smaller plane. WTC7 and other building went down exactly for the reasons, described by JoeS and Keble.
Furthermore, I personally knew some victims and direct relatives of other victims. I know people, who saw the planes, including but not limited to those, who survived being inside Twin Towers (lower floors) and Pentagon. If such "theories" appear less then 5 years after the events, I cannot imagine what can be said about something which took place 100 years ago!
Keble
Archon

« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2006, 11:46:47 PM »

He didn't confess it. It was misconstrued as a confession because of the ambiguous word "pull".

It's at least questionable that the attacks could have been prevented. There were a few hints which in retrospect could have been followed through (notably some practice runs which were reported to the authorities by a number of people), but catching the box cutters was always iffy. And the crucial point was that peple over the years had been told not to resist-- an advice that was changed in mid-attack when those on the fourth plane found out about the other planes and rushed the hijackers.

But now you're changing your tune, because incompetence is, well, ordinary. And past incompetence is not nearly so interesting as that of the present.
Matthew777
Warned
Archon

Seek and ye shall find

« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2006, 11:50:58 PM »

But now you're changing your tune, because incompetence is, well, ordinary. And past incompetence is not nearly so interesting as that of the present.

I haven't endorsed this 9/11 conspiracy theory to begin with. In this case, a conspiracy theory would be unnecessary, even if it were true.

Bush was told of Qaeda steps
Pre-9/11 secret memo released
By Charlie Savage, Globe Staff, 4/11/2004
http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2004/04/11/bush_was_told_of_qaeda_steps/

Too bad Bush went on vacation instead of actually doing anything about it.
To tell you the truth, I no longer especially care about 9/11 other than how it's been exploited to undermine civil liberties and wage war. Sure, it may have been tragic. But in comparison to the 30,000 people we've killed in Iraq, 9/11 is insignificant.

Peace.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 11:55:32 PM by Matthew777 » Logged

www.aramaicpeshitta.com
Mo the Ethio
Proud Capitalist
Elder

Faith: Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2006, 12:37:25 AM »

This has got to be one of the most over top conspiracy theories of all time.
 Weak, very weak , evidence to support the claim.
 Every last person who has come to me with this crap is either ( A ) too high on weed to distinguish fact from fiction
or (B) unemployed , living in their parents basement with nothing better to do than surf the net , or (C)...
   both of the above.      

MO

"Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names."
- John F. Kennedy (1917-1963)
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2006, 12:52:35 AM »

M777: stop talking American Politics in a forum that specifically says "NO AMERICAN POLITICAL DISCUSSION."  Take it to the private forum if you would like to discuss your political hangups with 9/11, its non-prevention, and its aftermath.

---------------------
Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2006, 12:53:24 AM »

A ) too high on weed to distinguish fact from fiction

Already made that charge - I think that's what got me "warned" - apparently there is some truth to the charge (at least at some point in time)

(B) unemployed , living in their parents basement with nothing better to do than surf the net , or

According to Matthew777 himself, his father buys his deoderant for him. ÂÂ

C)...both of the above.

I think we have a winner. ÂÂ  
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2006, 12:56:09 AM »

I just like how when the support of Mr. Sheen is derided and proven to be foundationless, quickly the comments become "well, I really don't care about this, but instead about BLAH BLAH BLAH."  Not that your opinion isn't okay or whatnot, but that's quite a sudden transition, isn't it.

---------------------
Mo the Ethio
Proud Capitalist
Elder

« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2006, 01:01:32 AM »

[quote author=Νεκτάριος link=topic=8538.msg112950#msg112950 date=1143176004]
Already made that charge - I think that's what got me "warned" - apparently there is some truth to the charge (at least at some point in time)

I think we have a winner. ÂÂ  

[/quote]
 For the record , I was not exclusively refering to Mat.....I`ve heard the same thing from other hippies. Grin
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 01:03:26 AM by Mo the Ethio » Logged

Matthew777
Warned
Archon

Seek and ye shall find

« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2006, 01:08:47 AM »

M777: stop talking American Politics in a forum that specifically says "NO AMERICAN POLITICAL DISCUSSION."  Take it to the private forum if you would like to discuss your political hangups with 9/11, its non-prevention, and its aftermath.

This thread is inherently political.  Wink

www.aramaicpeshitta.com
Matthew777
Warned
Archon

Seek and ye shall find

« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2006, 01:10:41 AM »

[quote author=Νεκτάριος link=topic=8538.msg112950#msg112950 date=1143176004]
[/quote]

I'm a work-study student. My last paycheck went entirely to tuition. Since they can't to pay for my education, my parents feel obligated to at least provide the most basic of necessities.
Again, I don't use illegal drugs of any kind nor intend to. I will admit that I regularly use caffeine pills, but only because it's cheaper than coffee and doesn't give me heart burn.

Peace.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 01:12:02 AM by Matthew777 » Logged

www.aramaicpeshitta.com
Matthew777
Warned
Archon

Seek and ye shall find

« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2006, 01:14:03 AM »

For the record , I was not exclusively refering to Mat.....I`ve heard the same thing from other hippies. Grin

I'm not a hippie. All hippies do is smoke pot, smell bad and engage in "free love." I'd rather think of myself as an intellectual.

www.aramaicpeshitta.com
Matthew777
Warned
Archon

Seek and ye shall find

« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2006, 01:15:39 AM »

I just like how when the support of Mr. Sheen is derided and proven to be foundationless, quickly the comments become "well, I really don't care about this, but instead about BLAH BLAH BLAH."  Not that your opinion isn't okay or whatnot, but that's quite a sudden transition, isn't it.

I never supported Sheen on this, I merely stated the obvious that he is smarter than TomS. This is an interesting theory to consider that may very well be true, but there really is no need for a theory in the first place.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 01:16:00 AM by Matthew777 » Logged

www.aramaicpeshitta.com
Mo the Ethio
Proud Capitalist
Elder

« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2006, 01:23:00 AM »

I'm not a hippie. All hippies do is smoke pot, smell bad and engage in "free love." I'd rather think of myself as an intellectual.
Whatever dude..you are a hippie

Matthew777
Warned
Archon

Seek and ye shall find

« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2006, 01:26:27 AM »

Whatever dude..you are a hippie

Is caricaturizing all liberals as "hippies" what conservatives do these days?

www.aramaicpeshitta.com
Mo the Ethio
Proud Capitalist
Elder

« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2006, 01:29:00 AM »

Is caricaturizing all liberals as "hippies" what conservatives do these days?
No...Just me  ( former Hippie)

Psalti Boy
High Elder

« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2006, 01:38:21 AM »

How are we defining Hippie?  By lifestyle or by era?
Mo the Ethio
Proud Capitalist
Elder

« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2006, 01:47:08 AM »

Is there a difference? If so , please enlighten us.

Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2006, 01:53:47 AM »

You'd love my ENG 101 class, Mathew.... tonight's assignment is about how President' Kennedy's protestant fundamentalism led America into the Vietnam war (I'm dead serious on the protestant fundamentalism part).  Honestly.  And the week before spring break it was showing how detaining TERRORISTS at camp X-ray is the moral equivillent of the Iranian hostage crisis.  Honestly I don't get it.  Yeah it's a free A, but I feel like I've sold out my soul.    
Mo the Ethio
Proud Capitalist
Elder

« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2006, 02:23:33 AM »

[quote author=Νεκτάριος link=topic=8538.msg112977#msg112977 date=1143179627]
You'd love my ENG 101 class, Mathew.... tonight's assignment is about how President' Kennedy's protestant fundamentalism led America into the Vietnam war (I'm dead serious on the protestant fundamentalism part).  Honestly.  And the week before spring break it was showing how detaining TERRORISTS at camp X-ray is the moral equivillent of the Iranian hostage crisis.  Honestly I don't get it.  Yeah it's a free A, but I feel like I've sold out my soul.   ÃƒÆ’‚Â
[/quote]
 I WANNA GET WARNED TOO......It would look so cool with my Godfather avatar Grin

Matthew777
Warned
Archon

Seek and ye shall find

« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2006, 03:18:51 AM »

While my previous lifestyle could be described as "hippie", my life right now would probably be boring to the average person. I'm usually either watching Comedy Central or CNN, reading spiritual books or doing homework. I date but mostly out of fear that not dating equates to being socially abnormal.

Peace.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 03:21:39 AM by Matthew777 » Logged

www.aramaicpeshitta.com
Keble
Archon

« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2006, 07:28:43 AM »

I never supported Sheen on this, I merely stated the obvious that he is smarter than TomS. This is an interesting theory to consider that may very well be true, but there really is no need for a theory in the first place.

I personally think you are back peddling like mad, but what the heck. I also think that Mr. Sheen's career shows lamentable judgement, but what the heck.

If you really ask yourself "Why weren't these video's showed over and over and over again on the mainstream media outlets like they did the collapse's of the Twin Towers?" and wait for answers to come to you, it might occur to you that

(a) the footage of the WTC 7 collapse is nowhere near as good,

(b) the fall of a maybe 20 story building simply isn't as impressive anyway, and

(c) nobody died when it fell.

Or maybe even (d) 3/4s of the people out there don't even realize that there was more to the WTC than just the two towers.

And in case you may not have noticed, Mr. Sheen is an entertainment figure. I Googled the story, and gosh, it didn't appear in the real media at all (except CNN). It only appeared in the entertainment journals, and there largely to laugh at him. After all, isn't it entertaining when a media figure makes a fool out of himself?

Smarter than TomS? I don't think so.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 07:29:09 AM by Keble » Logged
jmbejdl
Count-Palatine James the Spurious of Giggleswick on the Naze
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Church of Romania

Great Martyr St. John the New of Suceava

« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2006, 08:06:14 AM »

[quote author=Νεκτάριος link=topic=8538.msg112977#msg112977 date=1143179627]
You'd love my ENG 101 class, Mathew.... tonight's assignment is about how President' Kennedy's protestant fundamentalism led America into the Vietnam war (I'm dead serious on the protestant fundamentalism part).  Honestly.  And the week before spring break it was showing how detaining TERRORISTS at camp X-ray is the moral equivillent of the Iranian hostage crisis.  Honestly I don't get it.  Yeah it's a free A, but I feel like I've sold out my soul.   ÃƒÆ’‚Â
[/quote]

Huh? I hope you pointed out that Kennedy was an Irish Catholic. How on earth can any educational institution (where and what is it, by the way, so that I can make a note to tell everyone I know to steer clear?) get away with teaching rubbish that is so easily proven false? I'm sure that even if I'd never heard of Kennedy before it would take all of about 30 seconds research (just confirmed it - several of the top hits on googling JFK point out that he was the first and only RC US president) for me to smell the bullsh*t.

James

We owe greater gratitude to those who humble us, wrong us, and douse us with venom, than to those who nurse us with honour and sweet words, or feed us with tasty food and confections, for bile is the best medicine for our soul. - Elder Paisios of Mount Athos
SouthSerb99
Site Supporter
Archon

« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2006, 09:22:39 AM »

Locked for political discussion and silly name calling.

Guy from my office

Hungry? Click Here
Tags:
Pages: 1 2 All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: