Author Topic: No more political discussions for me  (Read 1122 times)

Offline Anastasios

• Webdespota
  • Administrator
  • Merarches
  • Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist
No more political discussions for me
« on: March 26, 2003, 01:49:12 AM »

I am in the doghouse with my wife for spending too much time online arguing about politics. I don't have enough time to run the board and still argue about politics because in my opinion politics is too subjective and requires longer to elaborate on responses (most people think religion is too subjective but religion is like science to me!)  ;D

Therefore, I will finish responding to anyone in the "hypocrisy" thread and then I will voluntarily stop posting in response to future political issues, although all are welcome to discuss those in the free-for-all if so desired.

I also don't want to alienate forum participants since I'm an administrator, and my views are sometimes emotionally-based and sometimes radical.  I'd rather stick to discussing religion, personally.  There IS a reason that I stopped with political science and went to seminary instead!

I am sorry for any offense I have caused, as well.

In Christ,

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism and may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.

Offline Aklie Semaet

• Thank God for my fiancée!
Re:No more political discussions for me
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2003, 03:56:47 AM »

Listen to your wife. That is the most important thing, ok no more political discussions. No more discussing how wrong you are  ;D.
Ethiopia ijochwan wede Egzabiher tezregalech