OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 22, 2014, 09:36:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: No more political discussions for me  (Read 943 times) Average Rating: 0
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« on: March 26, 2003, 01:49:12 AM »

Friends,

I am in the doghouse with my wife for spending too much time online arguing about politics. I don't have enough time to run the board and still argue about politics because in my opinion politics is too subjective and requires longer to elaborate on responses (most people think religion is too subjective but religion is like science to me!)  Grin

Therefore, I will finish responding to anyone in the "hypocrisy" thread and then I will voluntarily stop posting in response to future political issues, although all are welcome to discuss those in the free-for-all if so desired.

I also don't want to alienate forum participants since I'm an administrator, and my views are sometimes emotionally-based and sometimes radical.  I'd rather stick to discussing religion, personally.  There IS a reason that I stopped with political science and went to seminary instead!

I am sorry for any offense I have caused, as well.

In Christ,

anastasios

Met. Demetrius's Enthronement

Disclaimer: Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching.

I served as an Orthodox priest from June 2008 to April 2013, before resigning for personal reasons
Aklie Semaet

Thank God for my fiancée!

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2003, 03:56:47 AM »

Yes,

Listen to your wife. That is the most important thing, ok no more political discussions. No more discussing how wrong you are  Grin.

Ethiopia ijochwan wede Egzabiher tezregalech
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: