OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 21, 2014, 04:49:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Baptism Service (Antiochian)  (Read 1252 times) Average Rating: 0
BasilCan

« on: March 31, 2007, 04:38:20 PM »

I know this is a long shot, but it is worth a try. Does anyone have a Word or PDF version of the Antiochian Baptism and Chrismastion service? A friend is being baptized, but is visually impairied and instead of trying to enlarge the service via photocopier, I thought I could just enlarge the font of a Word or PDF version.

( I say Antiochian version, because the is what the priest will be using)

Basil
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 08:40:40 PM »

I don't have the file for you, but I think it's a great thing that you're attempting, and I hope God blesses you with someone who has it!

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Thomas
Section Moderator
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 07:30:57 PM »

Sorry, I looked on the Antiochian Website in the ebsite for St. Raphael Clergy Brotherhood
of the Diocese of Wichita and Mid-America at http://www.networks-now.net/litresswraoc   while it did give instruction for baptisms on Great Saturday, it did not give the service, you will probably have to get a copy of the Antiochian Service Book (it does have the Baptismal service in it) and  Xerox at a 200% level to get it where your friend can read it.

Thomas

Your brother in Christ ,
Thomas
Tamara
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Diocese of America

+Pray for Orthodox Unity+

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2007, 08:00:00 PM »

I checked the Antiochian diocese of the west too http://www.antiochianladiocese.org/liturgics.htm...they do not have the baptismal service online but they do have many other service texts online. I would suggest you email them at: Diocese@antiochianladiocese.org

Bishop Joseph has an active team of computer saavy young sub-deacons who take care of the website. They may have the baptismal service as a pdf file somewhere but not on the diocese website. They have always been helpful whenever I have contacted them. Its worth giving it a try. Let them know why you need it.

I hope they can help you. sincerely, Tamara
BasilCan

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 06:43:11 PM »

Thanks, Tamara.

I have a priest friend who often refers to Bishop JOSEPH's site and I think I will email him my request.

Christ is Risen!

Basil
Aristibule
Your Weaker Brother
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: ROCOR

Xeno

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2007, 07:59:19 PM »

Check with the priest - some use the service in the little "Service Book", some use that in the Hapgood Service Book. The differences are minor, but still - it helps to be on the same page.

"We must begin at once to "build again the tabernacle which is fallen down, and to build again the ruins thereof, and to set it up;" for HE WHO GAVE THE THOUGHT IN OUR HEART HE LAID ALSO THE RESPONSIBILITY ON US THAT THIS THOUGHT SHOULD NOT REMAIN BARREN." - J.J. Overbeck, 1866
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: