Author Topic: Prayers for the departed  (Read 1117 times)

Offline SakranMM

• Elder
  • Most Holy Theotokos, save us!
Prayers for the departed
« on: March 14, 2006, 05:48:35 PM »
This weekend, I recieved the sad new of a fatal car accident in which a young Greek Orthodox man named Nicholas (a tonsured reader), his girlfriend Stephanie (who was a catechumen converting from Roman Catholicism), and three of their friends were killed.  Nicholas was buried yesterday; I did not personally know him (he was "a friend of a friend of a friend," so to speak), but I understand this young man in his 20's touched the lives of many people.  Metropolitan Isaiah even wrote a eulogy for him, which in itself attests to the character of this life cut short.  Please pray for his repose, along with Stephanie's and the other three people (whose names I do not know).  May their memories be eternal.

In Christ,

Rdr. Michael
"And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us..."

Offline Mor Ephrem

• ʿalayhi al-salām
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Abp Yeznik Petrosian Defender of the Faith
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: East
Re: Prayers for the departed
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 11:55:13 PM »
Lord, have mercy.  
Quote from: Fr Alexander Schmemann
The Gospel is quite clear: both saints and sinners love God. "Religious" people do not love him, and whenever they can, they crucify him.

Of course, OC.net is not reflective of the Church, but is rather a surreal bubble. I have visited a lot of different parishes around the world and have listened to many hours of AFR...