OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 21, 2014, 04:02:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forcing the Church Books Open  (Read 1021 times) Average Rating: 0
JoeS
(aka StMarkEofE)
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: OCA

Global Warming Enthusiast.

« on: March 13, 2006, 04:44:03 PM »

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2006/111/12.0.html

One financial disclosure bill was killed in Massachusetts, but the debate lives on.
By Sarah Pulliam
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 04:48:09 PM »

Eh, the story will pop up again in another state in a slightly altered form.  One of the states will pass it, and then hold on for a few years worth of legal wrangling.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Psalti Boy
High Elder

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Don't need one

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2006, 06:59:04 PM »

I don't think they should be open to any government entity, but there should be full disclosure to the church members . . . without having to jump through hoops, or made to feel it's wrong to ask.  I know that many parishes have an audit committee and conduct annual audits by outside firms, but many do not.  That also should be a requirement.  That way there won't be any doubts or surprises.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 08:38:55 PM by Psalti Boy » Logged
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2006, 07:57:45 AM »

Full financial disclosure also gives the members an idea of what kind of situation the archdiocese is in in order to know how much of an appeal is needed, etc.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: